SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2004, 08:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
engine not running well first few minutes

For a few weeks since the weather has gotten cooler my car "sometimes" will start find but if I don't let it warm up a few minutes, it will start running very rough and lose power, most of the time it will continue to run but it takes maybe 4 miles to start running like normal. But this afternoon when leaving work I only got about a mile and it started pulling down and would not continue to run as it had been doing and it finely died. It was hard to restart and when it did it was very rough and would only run with the accelerator barely depressed, not all the way at an idle and certainly not with much throttle, but then in maybe two minutes it started taking the gas and then a short time later it cleared up and ran as if nothing was wrong at all. About a year and a half ago I replaced the coolant temp. sensor and I am wondering if it has gone bad but the last time it went out it didn't act the same way, it then would just start and die and start and die for a few times and also that time the check engine light was on, this time it isn't,,I can't remember but I think some time back the light did come on briefly and go out but never stayed on but a few seconds.. So, has anyone had anything happen like this? and do you think it could be the CTS again?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Vernon