How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2016, 07:03 PM

Power window question

I need clarity on what part I need to buy. The cable started getting wrapped all around the plastic pulley and eventually just jammed. I just cut the cable so I could at least manually lower the window to get some air flow. I don't have a/c. The motor works. Do I need to order the motor/cable part along with the triangular shaped regulator as well. I have replaced the regulator many years ago but don't remember anything. Thanks for any advice on this.

Mike
Old 07-05-2016, 04:42 AM

Re: Power window question

http://estore.subarupartswarehouse.c...11-601-01.html

You need part 62101PA100 for the rt side or ...ends in 110 for the lt side. The listing is a bit confusing since it lists the more expensive motor as "motor regulator" also. I just did my driver's side ans Subaru Parts Warehouse has the best price...if you call them to order, ask for a discount which they always will try to give.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the info. Still not sure. The part number you gave me 62101PA110 left drivers side on Subaru parts warehouse says motor regulator. I usually go to 1stsubaruparts.com where the price is even cheaper 109.28 to 93.56 in this case. Anyway this part number on 1st subaru parts shows it as number 8 on the diagram and says just window regulator with no motor or cable which is all I need.

Mike
Old 07-05-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue thunder View Post
Thanks for the info. Still not sure. The part number you gave me 62101PA110 left drivers side on Subaru parts warehouse says motor regulator. I usually go to 1stsubaruparts.com where the price is even cheaper 109.28 to 93.56 in this case. Anyway this part number on 1st subaru parts shows it as number 8 on the diagram and says just window regulator with no motor or cable which is all I need.

Mike
Yes, a bit confusing..with the Subieparts Warehouse discount, I came close to the price you see. This part comes with everything except the motor..the triangle part that bolts to the window is included along with the cable spool with the square recessed cog that your motor will fit into. at least as far as what my place shipped. Pretty sure your part from Subie 1st should have the cable on the spool too. The parts guys at Subie warehouse are very helpful and will probably match your price if asked and will confirm you will be getting the regulator with everything you need except the motor...plus they had mine in stock. The other place I tried said they had to order it from elsewhere.

As far as replacing the unit, I found I had to remove the door panel, vapor barrier, unhook the door handle rod at the front black handle and remove the 2 upper "scrapers" only. The factory manual has you removing trim, other stuff. Unbolt the window and you can lift it out with the upper glass edge exiting exterior to the frame. Undo the regulator/motor after taking off the wiring plug and extract the unit. The 2 bottom studs on the regulator have to be removed and put on the new piece...measure how far they stick out( where nut goes on) on the old unit before removing and replicate that since that sets up the position the window will close into the top door channel. The glass will slip back in, position the forward slider in its rail and slip the glass into its holder where the 2 bolts go..(reg/motor already attached). You can slide the regulator triangle up/down to get the easiest position where you can attach the glass by giving the unit power or slide it into a mid position before you attach the motor to the regulator (triangle won't move with motor attached by hand pushing only) Takes a bit of shoving/moving to get the glass holes lined up..hand tighten them so you know they are positioned and not going to be cross threaded. Remember like I almost didn't to replace the 2 upper scrapers.

I had tint on my glass and had to be careful not to scratch it when extracting/replacing..still put a few in the tint. If more anal I would have taped a protective cardboaod (thin) template over the tint side.

Good luck...should go smoothly.

Last edited by fasteract7; 07-05-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:08 AM

Got my receipt..62101PA110 is lt. door reg..I paided $109.28 minus $21.86 for total $87.42 with free shipping. Telephone 203-481-0687 (Premier Subaru) ask for parts.