SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to Guyver280z
Electrical problems??

So I have an Optima Battery on my 92 and this weekend I tried to start my car and the battery was completely dead... Its not the first time I kill my optima but usually because I left a light on or something...

So I took it to autozone and they fully charged it... dropped it back on the SVX and it barely turned on the lights... no crank of course... I tought it was an electrical problem in the car (since its an optima) so I dropped the vette's battery on the SVX and it worked fine... but wait.

I was driving at night and all the lights on the dashboard and headlights were like blinking.. like the alternator wasnt charging the battery enough and the battery was starting to die, even the stereo was shutting down every 10 seconds... So I pulled over and turned the car off, but then I started it back and it started great, the battery was fine... So I drove back home with the blinking lights, I made it but it was like the car was almost dying on me when I was parking it... Took the battery off, placed it back on the Vette and the vette started just fine....

So Im thinking, I might have an electrical problem that actually damaged my Optima Battery??? I mean those Optimas are really a Die Hard battery and it looks like its gone.... Im sad cuz Im not really good at wiring and electrical issues...

Any clues???

thanks