Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 10th Anniversary Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2002, 04:58 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Well, I was telling don earlier,

I talked to the VP incharge of Sales for SOA on Wed after the meet. Pete D. was his name. We talked about a couple of things and one of them was that the SIA/SOA plant has a news letter that sent out every week and we (SVX World Network) was mentioned and that he was happy that we were there.

I found that Paul Hogan's contract with SOA runs out at the end of the year and we will see him a couple of more times till the year ends and that he is a nice person. (I told pete the story about the mistaken student asking why the teacher was driving an australian car -- thanks for the story nick).

SOA (Cherryhill) does not have any plans officially (as of Wednesday) to bring in the H-6 with 5 speed and denies existant of such configuration. Unofficially, I asked pete about the 5 speed on the H-6 (we know they have that on the supercharged B39), he said with a big grin, give it a little time -- you don't have to wait much.

So, in general, we are being heard at SOA (all the way up to VP levels), Subaru will be australian for a little while longer and H-6 5 speed should be in the US soon.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Last edited by Seraph; 07-29-2002 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:39 PM
seabreeze143

Post SIA Newsletter

I'm not going to tell you how I got ahold of one, but attached should be a copy of the SIA newsletter.

We had a great time at the meet and hope that it will return to Lafayette. Maybe we could do it during the spring or fall next time. Anytime would be great though.

Thank you for your work putting it together, I would say it was a great success.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 072902.pdf (162.9 KB, 945 views)

Last edited by seabreeze143; 07-29-2002 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:48 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: SIA Newsletter

Quote:
Originally posted by seabreeze143
I'm not going to tell you how I got ahold of one, but attached should be a copy of the SIA newsletter.

We had a great time at the meet and hope that it will return to Lafayette. Maybe we could do it during the spring or summer next time. Anytime would be great though.

Thank you for your work putting it together, I would say it was a great success.

Thanks.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-29-2002, 08:55 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by ensteele93
[
Larry - Thanks for all of your hard work - it was worth every minute of it. I am also very impressed with your car scent. [/B]
Earl, That wasn't the car - and certainly not Larry! That wonderful aroma was Rosie!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 07-29-2002, 08:58 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Oh, I just love the commentary:

"Subaru Celebrities: Subaru SVX Club members patiently wait in line to get the autograph of Masayoshi Nagano, SIA's President and Chief Executive Officer, after their tour of SIA's facilities. The Subaru engineers were caught off guard when many of the SVX owners went outside to pull parts off their cars to be autographed by Subaru officials."

I guess they should be glad we're not an apparal club and they're not a pants manufacturer.

VK
Remember, that's PARTS, not PANTS.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:50 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: SIA Newsletter

Quote:
Originally posted by seabreeze143

We had a great time at the meet and hope that it will return to Lafayette. Maybe we could do it during the spring or summer next time. Anytime would be great though.

Dude! Many thanks for posting!

I do wish they'd gotten the name correct ("SVX World Network"), with "members all over the world." but, I'm not complaining. Before my visit, I was an SVX fan -- NOT a Subaru fan. Nagano San's graciousness at our dinner, and the reception at the plant, may have just made me a Subaru fan, after all.

Thanks, and let's do it again, sometime.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-29-2002, 10:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by newsvx

Earl, That wasn't the car - and certainly not Larry! That wonderful aroma was Rosie!

Harry
Harry,
That's true ONLY if Rosie has been dabbing Chevis behind her ears.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-30-2002, 01:31 AM
"high" in Colorado

Thumbs up SIA newsletter...

Hey Jake! You made the front page!
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
86 Pontiac Parisenne (55k)
86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)
Old 07-30-2002, 04:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Seabreeze,

Thanks for the SIA newsletter. The really really important news is not that SIA hosted loyal owners of the SVX Club. It is that SIA has a mixed bowling league (see last page). I used to bowl in leagues when I was in college. I had a 175 average and my highest game ever was 256.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 07-30-2002, 04:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
To Harry, Aredub, Earl, Ron, etc.,

I don't understand "aroma" (spelled STINK). We had the best suite in the Homewood. It even had a bidet. I used it every day even under each arm.

or

Rosie uses 'Lair du Temps' by Nina Ricci.
I use 'Oh da Scotch' by Chivas Regal.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 07-30-2002, 08:57 AM
seabreeze143

Thumbs up SIA Bowling

Larry,

That is one thing I have to hand to SIA. They do have a lot of activities and keep the associates as active as they want to be, that's not to mention the basketball, archery, golf, and softball leagues. I thought you might get a kick out of the newsletter.

And just as a side note, having Mr. Nagano appear at the dinner Saturday night was pretty special. Usually, the VP's are the ones to make the public appearences. He must be as impressed with this organization as I am! Keep up the good work.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:49 AM
"high" in Colorado

Thumbs up SIA

The tour of the SIA plant, was a fitting top off to an already outstanding weekend. I totally enjoyed the tour, and was very impressed with the entire organization.

After seeing the company newsletter, I would like to make the following observations:

From the time we arrived at the gate, We had a schedule to follow. There was an established ajenda, with time allowed for each segment (movie, tour, Q&A, speeches, chow, etc). It flowed like clockwork.
Remember the 6 P's: "Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

The assembly plant was an industrial engineering marvel. Everyone was working, some smiled and waved at us! they know they have a good job! The plant was clean and orderly and efficient, with everything in its place.

Everyone wears the same short sleeve, white shirt with SIA embroiderd over the pocket; even Mr. Nagano, the president and CEO of SIA. Everyone is on the same "team".

SIA has every benefit available....Paid insurance for the whole family, saving and investment programs, generous sick leave, recreation programs and personal days, All of the usual holidays, and vacation time. This is on top of the two weeks a year the plant closes for retooling. The employees are paid during this time. They know how to keep their employees happy!
Three attempts to unionize the plant by the UAW have failed. They could not even get the signatures for a vote!

I could go on and on, but I have been long winded enough. I was very impressed with the atmosphere and efficiency of the organization. This is the way to run a business.

Thank You, SIA , for giving us the "VIP' treatment. It was very much appreciated!

81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
86 Pontiac Parisenne (55k)
86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)

Last edited by subymtnguy; 07-30-2002 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:58 PM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
Please add me to the list

Could you please add me to the list as the owner of 2 '92 SVXs and an '88 XT6. If you need my address information PM me. Thanks,
Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)
Old 07-30-2002, 01:25 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SIA

Quote:
Originally posted by subymtnguy
The tour of the SIA plant, was a fitting top off to an already outstanding weekend. I totally enjoyed the tour, and was very impressed with the entire organization.

After seeing the company newsletter, I would like to make the following observations:

From the time we arrived at the gate, We had a schedule to follow. There was an established ajenda, with time allowed for each segment (movie, tour, Q&A, speeches, chow, etc). It flowed like clockwork.
Remember the 6 P's: "Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

The assembly plant was an industrial engineering marvel. Everyone was working, some smiled and waved at us! they know they have a good job! The plant was clean and orderly and efficient, with everything in its place.

Everyone wears the same short sleeve, white shirt with SIA embroiderd over the pocket; even Mr. Nagano, the president and CEO of SIA. Everyone is on the same "team".

SIA has every benefit available....Paid insurance for the whole family, saving and investment programs, generous sick leave, recreation programs and personal days, All of the usual holidays, and vacation time. This is on top of the two weeks a year the plant closes for retooling. The employees are paid during this time. They know how to keep their employees happy!
Three attempts to unionize the plant by the UAW have failed. They could not even get the signatures for a vote!

I could go on and on, but I have been long winded enough. I was very impressed with the atmosphere and efficiency of the organization. This is the way to run a business.

Thank You, SIA , for giving us the "VIP' treatment. It was very much appreciated!

I think it's important to note, for those who weren't there, that this was the FIRST TIME EVER, that such a "to do" was arranged for CUSTOMERS. Heretofore, the honor of such a turn-out by management, with lunch and so forth had been reserved for dealers. We were "VIP's" indeed. And, rest assured, the treatment was not taken for granted. It was very much appreciated.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-30-2002, 05:18 PM
Green1995SVX

Before all of this, I was NOT anything close to a Subaru fan. I was a SVX fan (well even more than that). Now, I will probably be buying Subarus for many years to come. Subaru is a top-notch company, and their treatment of us as owners was first-rate. It would have been very easy for them to ignore us, but rather they gave us the "red carpet" treatment. Kudos to Subaru and SIA.

-Mike