Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 05:14 AM

[---crickets chirping---]

Sure got quiet in here.

dcb
Old 11-22-2006, 07:26 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
Sure got quiet in here.

dcb
The democrats took over congress and now all of the world's problems are fixed!

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-22-2006, 08:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Or everyone's still hiding under there beds.......
Old 11-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
Sure got quiet in here.

dcb

the whole site has turned into a snoozefest, not just the Bush-Bashin' Forum.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Speaking of the whole forum, whatever happened to "Do u reconize what Supercar this is? NWS Warning!"?
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 11-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3
Speaking of the whole forum, whatever happened to "Do u reconize what Supercar this is? NWS Warning!"?
I just did a search to show someone it the other day
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:32 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Surprised?

Why would anyone be surprised that it is quiet at this point? The Demos won, but do not actually take over until the new Congress in Jan, so very lame duck right now.

The only thing worth noting since the election was the vote for the Demo House Majority leader which already indicates possible splits in the party. The "cut and runs" versus the "do it rights" in a bad situation. It should be interesting. (of course that is only on the Iraq issue---there are many others )

We will all look forward to the solutions by the Demos---up to this point it has been only criticism and no solution. That will have to change of course.

Lee
Old 11-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

The calm before the 10 January storm.

Standby. May take a few days to get the indictments out.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 PM

Cheney As Preznit...

scares the crap out of everbody...otherwise there'd be mad scramble to impeach Numb Nuts. However, Numb Nuts needs to be brought to justice so the rest of the world may be reassured that as a nation we are not all amoral and corrupt nitwits.

WGJ
Old 11-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Start??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
The calm before the 10 January storm.

Standby. May take a few days to get the indictments out.
Where would you suggest they start---maybe Jefferson, Murtha, Reid, Kennedy, Clinton.....etc etc etc????

This list actually needs to be updated with the new electees---I am sure the figures have grown some or changed slightly.....

36-have been accused of spousal abuse

7-have been arrested for fraud

19-have been accused of writing bad checks

117-have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3-have done time for assault

71-repeat 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14-have been arrested on drug-related charges

8-have been arrested for shoplifting

21-currently are defendants in lawsuits, and

84-have been arrested for drunk driving
within the last year

Our 535 members of the United States Congress. The
same group who crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep US in line.

Lee
Old 11-27-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Where would you suggest they start---maybe Jefferson, Murtha, Reid, Kennedy, Clinton.....etc etc etc????

This list actually needs to be updated with the new electees---I am sure the figures have grown some or changed slightly.....

36-have been accused of spousal abuse

7-have been arrested for fraud

19-have been accused of writing bad checks

117-have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3-have done time for assault

71-repeat 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14-have been arrested on drug-related charges

8-have been arrested for shoplifting

21-currently are defendants in lawsuits, and

84-have been arrested for drunk driving
within the last year

Our 535 members of the United States Congress. The
same group who crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep US in line.

Lee
The biggest thing that caught my eye was the 84 on DUI's. WTF??? I thought we all made that a "bad thing"?

I sincerely believe that the investigation needed to start an impeachment on Bush will reveal so much on Cheney, a mob will just go up there and string him to a tree. Cheney "IS" the creator of most of our problems. They won't bother impeaching. When the word gets out, he'll end up dead of "complications... ah hem... to the heart".

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 PM

Everybody liked Cheney during the first Gulf War. The reason no one likes him now is becuase we are losing, that's the only reason. There is no moral difference between what the US is doing today verses what we were doing in 1990. Nothing has changed except the control of power and right now the US doesn't have the power we did 15 years ago. Since middleastern countries are no longer threatened by the US, that means the UN is no longer a threat either. Lets face it the UN was and is as only as strong as the US. It's funny how many people wether it was Democrats or Republicans supported useing military action against Iraq, untill the reality of war settled in and the reality that winning a war is not a US right. All media outlets were ranting about how fast we were pushing into Iraq without a second to think about what the hell we were going to do once we toppled Saddam. People ***** about the fuel prices and point fingers and yet today people still push for higher speed limits. Even on this website people were down playing the importance of alternative fuels. No, not one alternative fuel can replace the amount of oil we use today but instead of *****ing and placing blame, we should be promoting it. It's forgotten that those oil rigs and the research to find the oil sites were paid for by US oil companies. Those oil companies employ thousands of Americans, and millions of Americans have stock in those Oil companies. It's so easy to pass the buck onto big companies with thier seemingly endless pocketbooks but a day will come when big companies and big governments will fold and then you'd be wishing they were still here. The problem with this country is that few are willing to make a commitment, yet many are willing to *****. Those are my two cents and I probably should have left them alone, since this is a car website.

I guess I can't use my freedom of speech on this website. Replace astricks with the female dog.

Last edited by Hose92SVX; 11-27-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Thank God for those diehard Republican partisans like Lee who relentlessly track down graft and corruption in our government. Thanks to them, the world was warned of the diabolical Watergate scheme by which the Clintons, through fraud and deception ... lost money. And, of course, who can forget the intricacies of Travelgate, in which members of the White House staff conspired to buy tickets through ... their favorite travel agent. And, of course, Filegate, in which Hillary Clinton mislaid files from her law firm in order to...?? And of course, there is that criminal master mind Harry Reid who managed to defraud Jack Abramoff of more than one hundredth of one percent of the money he was spreading around Washington. Of course, years ago, the Republicans helped expose the diabolical scheme of Dan Rostenkowski to steal stamps from the House of Representatives.

Of course, helping the Republicans in their efforts to stamp out corruption are moral giants such as Bush Buddy Ken Lay, Rep. Tom Delay, Rep. Duke Cunningham, FDA Commissioner Lester M. Crawford, Rep Bob Ney, , former New England Regional Political Director for the Republian National Committee James Tobin, White House procurement official David Safavian, etc. Of course, the big difference between these stalwart Republicans and the Democrats listed by Lee, Jefferson, Murtha, Reid, Kennedy, Clinton, is that these guys have actually been indicted or convicted of something, rather than just smeared in the press.

Truth be told, if W's business career, involving tranferring title from a non-performing worthless oil services company for a stake in a losing and money-losing ball club, then winding up suddenly worth tens of millions of dollars, were ever subjected to the same scrutiny that was expended on Whitewater, Travelgate, and Filegate, no doubt he would be swapping sugar daddies with Jeff Skilling.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 11-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Convenient

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Of course, helping the Republicans in their efforts to stamp out corruption are moral giants such as Bush Buddy Ken Lay, Rep. Tom Delay, Rep. Duke Cunningham, FDA Commissioner Lester M. Crawford, Rep Bob Ney, , former New England Regional Political Director for the Republian National Committee James Tobin, White House procurement official David Safavian, etc. Of course, the big difference between these stalwart Republicans and the Democrats listed by Lee, Jefferson, Murtha, Reid, Kennedy, Clinton, is that these guys have actually been indicted or convicted of something, rather than just smeared in the press.
LOL, you conveniently forgot to mention the 15 members of the Clinton administration that were either indicted or jailed, BUTTTTTTTT---you actually miss my whole point.

As I have said many times--there are corrupt politicians on both sides and neither has a corner on the market. The ONLY way to combat this corruption is to set term limits. Set term limits. Set term limits. Set term limits.

The significance of my listing of the current corrupt Demos is that they will be part of the voting block pushing the witch hunt and in some cases valid cases against the corrupt or supposedly corrupt Republican politicians. How ironic!!

Lee
Old 11-28-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Thank God for those diehard Republican partisans like Lee who relentlessly track down graft and corruption in our government. Thanks to them, the world was warned of the diabolical Watergate scheme by which the Clintons, through fraud and deception ... lost money. And, of course, who can forget the intricacies of Travelgate, in which members of the White House staff conspired to buy tickets through ... their favorite travel agent. And, of course, Filegate, in which Hillary Clinton mislaid files from her law firm in order to...?? And of course, there is that criminal master mind Harry Reid who managed to defraud Jack Abramoff of more than one hundredth of one percent of the money he was spreading around Washington. Of course, years ago, the Republicans helped expose the diabolical scheme of Dan Rostenkowski to steal stamps from the House of Representatives.

Truth be told, if W's business career, involving tranferring title from a non-performing worthless oil services company for a stake in a losing and money-losing ball club, then winding up suddenly worth tens of millions of dollars, were ever subjected to the same scrutiny that was expended on Whitewater, Travelgate, and Filegate, no doubt he would be swapping sugar daddies with Jeff Skilling.
By the time I got to the "stealing stamps", I was laughing so hard, I started coughing. Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a month.

But stand by. I really and truly think the fireworks will start flying around March or April. That's why Bush is so "ready for bipartisan cooperation" as he puts it. Yeah, we are gonna shove gallons of bipartisans straight up his rump, and it's been a long time coming.