IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-15-2012, 01:59 PM

Re: 92 lsl clunking at accel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
check the mounts...
Speaking of which...

...not to hijack the thread, but I'm swapping in a 98 Forester 4EAT, and I apparently need a new tranny mount. I can't seem to find one on RockAuto, SubaruParts, or any other site. Does anybody know if that is going to be a dealer only item, and am I going to have to grab my ankles when it comes time to pay?

'96 LSi, Laguna Blue (retired - soon going to a new home)
'89 XT6 5 speed (Gone but not forgotten)
Old 07-15-2012, 09:01 PM

Registered SVX

Yes, dealer only... for a 4ACT AWD part # is 41022PA081 and a bit over a hunderd bucks, I believe.

Tapani
Old 07-15-2012, 11:01 PM

Holy crap!!!

$100 for a chunk o' rubber?

I saw some listing for a tranny mount for some other Subaru when I was looking and it was $98, so it sounds like you're right on the money (pun). Holy jeebies. MAN! They've really got you where they want you, eh? <sigh>

My wife is less in love with this car every time some new expense comes up (considering all that's getting poured into it, I guess I can understand that) - at least I warned her it was probably going to be expensive. I was thinking "as much as $80 or so". WOW.

Well, thanks for the info - especially the part #. I appreciate it.

<can't stop shaking my head at the cost of a chunk o' rubber>

EDIT: Man I feel like I just got mugged... $132 incl tax!!! ($123 before taxes) I called Anthony's in Kelowna, BC and it was "a little over a hundred" but shipping would've been a while and would have made it almost as much. What is it with motor/tranny mounts? Is the rubber made from something harvested on Pluto? DAMN! This car had better run like a dream when this is done! I'll be super pissed if this tranny swap doesn't work out for some reason. (I'm not expecting it to go wrong since my brother-in-law is a master mechanic, but I also know my typical luck... )

'96 LSi, Laguna Blue (retired - soon going to a new home)
'89 XT6 5 speed (Gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by Austin; 07-16-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: updated situation
Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Holy crap!!!

$100 for a chunk o' rubber?

I saw some listing for a tranny mount for some other Subaru when I was looking and it was $98, so it sounds like you're right on the money (pun). Holy jeebies. MAN! They've really got you where they want you, eh? <sigh>

My wife is less in love with this car every time some new expense comes up (considering all that's getting poured into it, I guess I can understand that) - at least I warned her it was probably going to be expensive. I was thinking "as much as $80 or so". WOW.

Well, thanks for the info - especially the part #. I appreciate it.

<can't stop shaking my head at the cost of a chunk o' rubber>

EDIT: Man I feel like I just got mugged... $132 incl tax!!! ($123 before taxes) I called Anthony's in Kelowna, BC and it was "a little over a hundred" but shipping would've been a while and would have made it almost as much. What is it with motor/tranny mounts? Is the rubber made from something harvested on Pluto? DAMN! This car had better run like a dream when this is done! I'll be super pissed if this tranny swap doesn't work out for some reason. (I'm not expecting it to go wrong since my brother-in-law is a master mechanic, but I also know my typical luck... )
Be happy you just need the tranny mount?
The motor mounts cost...

SVX Motor Mount Front Cushion, Right - 3.3l, svx
List Price : $241.97

SVX Motor Mount Front Cushion, Left - 3.3l, svx
List Price : $241.97

I see they are on "sale" for $174.22 each.
My motor mounts are shot, my svx goes tink, tink, tink, over bumps.. but $400 for mounts.. gah!

Last edited by Lookin4SVX; 07-17-2012 at 11:31 PM.