Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-01-2011, 10:26 PM

Vaccuum hose question

I was putting in a new starter motor a few days ago and I pulled the hose out that goes to the black plastic box that clamps onto the throttle body to give me more room to maneuver. When I was done putting the starter in I put the hose back on and noticed the other end had broken off that goes to the engine area. The hose is about .700 diameter or so just looking at it. Around sixteen to eighteen inches long total. It has an elbow at each end forming a long u shape. I was able to reach under the manifold and pull off the end piece that remained. About an inch or less. Advance only had a straight hose line I could try. Well I can't even find the connection now that goes in the engine area and not sure if I have enough room to bend the hose to make it work without crimping it to much. Does anyone know where I can get an OEM hose line? A part number? I shined a light in they're and can't see where it plugs in. Any advice on this appreciated.

Mike
Old 10-01-2011, 11:32 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Vaccuum hose question

I know exactly which vac line you're talking about. I can pull one off a parts engine tomorrow night and send it to you monday if you'd like. Or you can swing by tomorrow and pick it up if you've got another car/ride; you're pretty local. I'm in New Tampa, it's basically a straight 45 min to an hr drive up 75 from Bradenton.

LMK via PM, so it will go straight to my email and I'll notice first thing in the morning.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-02-2011, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the offer Icing. I want to get something in newer condition so I don't have to worry about it for awhile. I may go to my local Subaru shop and see if they can order it. Take care.

Mike
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

He;s about an hour away from me as well!

HE MUST BE ADDED TO OUR FLSVX FB GROUP!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:54 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Check on subaruparts.com and see if you can find the part number. That might make it easier for them to look up.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album