SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2002, 07:26 AM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Who's got the best black SVX pic?

I have tried a few times to find a nice pic of a black svx with a stock wing, I have been to subarusvx.com and found 1 nice one with three cars in a mountian pic, but it isn't clear. I need one with a high resolution to it. Does anyone know where I can find one so I can test out the plotter. If it was originaly a 5x7 pic, I am going to make it 36x50.4 inches, so it needs to be high res. Thanks for any help ahead of time.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:01 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
go to subarusvx.com and look in the news section on the side of the page - he just added a bunch of black svx pics
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:12 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I'll be out cruising around today in my black 92. Cruising here in Winnipeg on sunday nights is extremely popular. I'll try to get a few good pics of my car provided the weather holds up.

I have good pics of my car itself but the backgrounds are horrible. I hope to remedy that today.
Old 04-28-2002, 04:37 PM
I hate stupid people!

I don't even care if the background is your front lawn and house. So long as it has a good resolution and nice definative colors, I will use it, but that WILL mean that your car is hanging on the wall in my room. subarusvx.com is where I found the other pic, but I only found that one that I liked, and that was in the multi SVX area. Let me know what you get for pics. I would snap a few of mine but it will be raining here for the next 4 days now. Thanks for te reply earthworm. Let me know what you come up with
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 04-28-2002, 09:41 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Check my Locker

Hey Booomin:

Check in my locker. I took some really nice pics of my black SVX back in December before I sold it. It's in the "New Pics 12/01" section. I think they turned out really well and hope the resolution is what you need.

Jeff
Old 04-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Check my Locker

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
before I sold it.

-Mike
Old 04-29-2002, 12:08 AM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
What kind of angle do you want? I can get a pretty good pic of my 92 with my 4.1megapixel camera.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:37 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Well I still went out cruising tonight despite the rain. I managed to take a few pics during that time. I learned a couple things:

1. My camera seems to take better pics without a flash
2. I'm not steady/patient enough to take pics at night with a slow exposure.

Anyway, I thought I'd show you all the pics (good and bad). They are all 1600x1200 resolution and I'm hosting them on my webserver as opposed to putting them in my locker in order to preserve bandwidth and storage space on the network.

here's the files:
http://eworm.dhs.org/pics/svx/2002.04.28/

p.s. - I never said I was a photographer.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:25 AM
SVXDriver

I have a good looking car, Black SVX with Gold Volk Racing TE37 rims. Check my locker and www.subarusvx.org.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:50 AM
I hate stupid people!

To all who participated

WOW, you guys are great. I have been scanning through pictures for a while now and still havn't figured out which one I like best. Everyshadeofblue, Your pics were great. I might be choosing one of yours and if I do i'll let you know. Phoenix, I thank you very much for your effort to help me out, but I think I now see more pics than I can handle. I would however like to see some nice pics of your car just so I know what it looks like. I havn't checked your locker yet, but if you have some in there I will see them in a few secs. SVXDriver, Your pics are great, but am I seeing a maroon volkswagon in the back on 5 stars? I am really looking for SVX alone pics. It' not your car at all, I love that, but I really want only the SVX hanging on my wall for me to see everytime I walk in. Earthworm, You actually went out and took the time to snap all those pics cause I asked. I don't know if that's the case or if you just wanted some updatd pics of your car. But either way, I am seeing a few nice ones in there too that I might use. If you did head out with the camera for me, thanks bro, here's a virtual handshake to all of you guys. (SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE) I LOVE THIS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BoominSVX; 04-29-2002 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Here's "MY" favorite ... :)

It is the October car in the 2002 calendar.

I have a high res. one if you want it emailed.

On John's site he never got around to updating his online version to the REAL thing. You could ONLY know this if you HAD a real calendar.

- Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 2002small.jpg (139.6 KB, 140 views)
Old 04-29-2002, 04:52 AM
I hate stupid people!

Yes that is a very nice pic. Is hat the one from the calendar? My email address is cb125boy@aol.com. I've had that name since i was 15 and rode around on a 85 honda cb125s. I have to delete that name sometime. Send me that high res pic if you can. If it's good enough for the calendar, it's probably what I am lookin for.
Thanks

Last edited by BoominSVX; 04-29-2002 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:41 AM

The real answer to the question, Who has the best looking black SVX? is:

Everyone that owns one!
99 Acura 3.2 TL, 51K
Old 04-29-2002, 06:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Yes, Yes!

<<Everyone that owns one!>>

I'll second that!
Old 04-29-2002, 10:16 AM
Green95hoe

Mike, Whats wrong with the pics of yours, take it down to the pond and snap a few off with Steves Camera..The pond would make a nice background, if not that take it in the field and snap some with the trees in the background...