Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-15-2006, 08:32 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Talking ? about Window control

WhenI went to work yesterday my window would go down , now its just making a humming noise when I try to put it down, like its trying to go down but is stuck? Anybody know what I need? PASSENGER side. TIA!

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 12-15-2006, 09:34 PM

Might be a regulator, cable, or sleeve lock clip. If you hear a humming noise, the motor should be good. Take the door panel off and have a look.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:45 PM

i had a problem like this... my window went down but wouldnt go up. it would try to go down but not up. I tested the wires are the motor the one would go ground and the other would go hot going down. but you try to go up and the both are hot. I put a ground to the wire that should be ground and wala it went up...the weird thing is the window has worked like new ever since... verry weird.. unlike any issue I have ever ran into on a car (I am a ase cirt tech doing it for 14 years)
Old 12-16-2006, 11:04 AM
What blue lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotchrocketony
i had a problem like this... my window went down but wouldnt go up. it would try to go down but not up. I tested the wires are the motor the one would go ground and the other would go hot going down. but you try to go up and the both are hot. I put a ground to the wire that should be ground and wala it went up...the weird thing is the window has worked like new ever since... verry weird.. unlike any issue I have ever ran into on a car (I am a ase cirt tech doing it for 14 years)
Since your right up the road you should come check mine out for me!

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 12-16-2006, 01:37 PM

well if your in the charlottesville area I can take a look
Old 12-16-2006, 04:34 PM
What blue lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotchrocketony
well if your in the charlottesville area I can take a look
I live outside Lynchburg, we do come to C'VIlle to UVA a couple of times a year though. I will get someone down here to look at it (probably myself tomorrow)

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 12-16-2006, 04:41 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT2HAVESVX
WhenI went to work yesterday my window would go down , now its just making a humming noise when I try to put it down, like its trying to go down but is stuck? Anybody know what I need? PASSENGER side. TIA!
Whatever you do, do not continue to operate the mechanism. You could be winding the drive cable into one hell of a mess. I know to my sorrow. Sit tight until you you are able to inspect things and don't panic as the fix should not be too expensive.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 12-18-2006, 10:50 AM
What blue lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Whatever you do, do not continue to operate the mechanism. You could be winding the drive cable into one hell of a mess. I know to my sorrow. Sit tight until you you are able to inspect things and don't panic as the fix should not be too expensive.
Thanks Trevor! The first thing Bailey did this AM when we left for school (my work) was to try to get the window down! The SVX just seems to have so many buttons for little hands to touch! UUUGGGG! LOL, Have a great day!

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 12-18-2006, 03:51 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT2HAVESVX
Thanks Trevor! The first thing Bailey did this AM when we left for school (my work) was to try to get the window down! The SVX just seems to have so many buttons for little hands to touch! UUUGGGG! LOL, Have a great day!
Audrey,

I know exactly where you are coming from.

I have married twice and have the experience of two lots of little ones. First boy and his mate painted our car with green house paint. All of it that is. Chrome, windows, tyres, nothing missed. From the second lot, first boy painted my just purchased 1750 GTV Alfa with brake fluid, which left all the cars paint running onto the garage floor. Happy days !

Merry Christmas, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:36 PM
What blue lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Audrey,

I know exactly where you are coming from.

I have married twice and have the experience of two lots of little ones. First boy and his mate painted our car with green house paint. All of it that is. Chrome, windows, tyres, nothing missed. From the second lot, first boy painted my just purchased 1750 GTV Alfa with brake fluid, which left all the cars paint running onto the garage floor. Happy days !

Merry Christmas, Trevor.
NO WAYYYYYYYYYY!! Are you writing to us from jail!?!?! Just kiddin....I have lots of patience but my husband would probably flip his lid! LOL I just kinda go with the flow and try to use the motto "WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL IT MAKE 10 YEARS FROM NOW?" with my entire life. My husband thinks I am nuts but I dont have high blood pressure!

1995 Green
1992 Black