Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-12-2006, 06:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Dying Blower Motor?

I have a 94 LSi and the blower motor is not coming on all the time any more. When it does it makes clicking noises and does not put out as much air as it used to. It seems to only start up if I'm driving high speeds which forces a little air into it and unsticks it. If it turn it off and back on at a stop it won't come back. I found one on ebay for cheap, how hard is it to replace?

LOL and I think my windshield wiper position sensor if there is such a thing is busted too. That winter mode switch causes all sorts of hell with the wipers hitting outer seals on the windshield.

thanks

edit, well my car is in a nice mood today. It is now throwing a break light too but the e-break is not set so I wonder what could cause this? My dad says worn break pads but how could the car know?

Last edited by Wiz; 08-12-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:06 AM
american 92 svx

Send a message via MSN to hepps44
your blower moter

ya this past winter i had the same problem, so i went to the trouble of buying a new blower motor made for the svx, and had it put in at the shop i was working at only to find out that it is the same motor as nissan, to be exact the altima, so a used or new nissan altima motor will work perfect
Old 08-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
blower motor - try cleaning it first

see this thread for details

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=motor

wipers - may just need to be adjusted properly so that they don't hit the edge on the way out. you can remove the cap on the arm base, loosen the nut, lift the arm and rotate and reinstall in correct position, then tighten nut back down. With wiper in summer mode and turned off the correct position would be where the blade is all the way down off the windshield so it sits in the nub.

brake light - might just be low on fluid
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 08-12-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I work for my SVX

Registered SVX
Brake light has a dual purpose, emergency brake and brake fluid.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
The break light went away when we opened and shut the fluid cap. The blower is just getting worse. I did what was suggested in greasing it and that did not help. My dad thinks the brushings are gone. Any more suggestions before I spend money on it. I guess I'm going to have to buy a new one because I cannot trust an old one at this point.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I eventually had to get the brushes replaced on my blower motor. The brushes are spring loaded and the springs on mine were fully extended.

The guy who replaced them had to custom cut brushes to fit but they work great and I have not had an issue with the motor since.