Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-23-2001, 01:35 PM
jmcassin

Unhappy sorry to say goodby

Well it had to come to this some day.

I have owned my 92 black SVX since 1997 and it currently has 121,00miles on it, but i am going to give it up for what some of you might think is blasphemy. On fri I will take delivery of a 99 loaded vette. It has only 9,000mi and it is a six speed; something I have been desiring for years (manual tranny). It is black just like my baby is, but with a little more underneath the hood. I'm sorry to see her go, but I just have a bad feeling about the tranny....the AWD died again, needs frnt struts etc. I only drive it on the weekends now so It needs a tender home with someone who will care for her. I will either trade it in or if anyone wants it in the MA, NY CT area you can have it for a cheap price. I fear where it will go at auction, hopefully to a good home.
I have bee a member here and the yahoo site since the begining and although I dont usually speak up too often; I always am around. I thank everyone of you for your help and community over the years. Your guidance has saved me countless dollars in do it yourself fixes or proper parts choices(Aredubjay, eddycat )especially. I have some left over items/accessories that I sure can be useful to some of you , I will post them on the wanted, for sale forum. Just email me for more info. Its too bad there was not a new Svx to buy, because I would surely do it.

I thank you all,

godspeed and smooth shifting!

jim cassin
Old 12-23-2001, 05:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: sorry to say goodby

Quote:
Originally posted by jmcassin
Well it had to come to this some day.

I have owned my 92 black SVX since 1997 and it currently has 121,00miles on it, but i am going to give it up for what some of you might think is blasphemy. On fri I will take delivery of a 99 loaded vette. It has only 9,000mi and it is a six speed; something I have been desiring for years (manual tranny). It is black just like my baby is, but with a little more underneath the hood. I'm sorry to see her go, but I just have a bad feeling about the tranny....the AWD died again, needs frnt struts etc. I only drive it on the weekends now so It needs a tender home with someone who will care for her. I will either trade it in or if anyone wants it in the MA, NY CT area you can have it for a cheap price. I fear where it will go at auction, hopefully to a good home.
I have bee a member here and the yahoo site since the begining and although I dont usually speak up too often; I always am around. I thank everyone of you for your help and community over the years. Your guidance has saved me countless dollars in do it yourself fixes or proper parts choices(Aredubjay, eddycat )especially. I have some left over items/accessories that I sure can be useful to some of you , I will post them on the wanted, for sale forum. Just email me for more info. Its too bad there was not a new Svx to buy, because I would surely do it.

I thank you all,

godspeed and smooth shifting!

jim cassin

Jim,

I'll be looking for you in that beautiful black 'Vette at the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet. Hope you can still make it.

Larry III
PS: Best of luck with the "Vette. Enjoy the Holidays.
Old 12-23-2001, 08:51 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

I trust you won't go far. Give us a hollar now and then. And next time you're in the neighborhood (and we have ten inches of snow) let's race!

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 12-24-2001, 11:23 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Jim,
Sounds like you're going the way of "elf" (Frank, in St. Louis). It always hurts me to see the "old timers" go away. I've enjoyed your input and banter since day one. Thank you for being a part of my early SVX life. Don't go away. We can still use your valuable input.

As for "Blasphemy" -- no, I don't think so. As you may, or may not know, my hometown is Bowling Green, KY. also known as "Vette City." Up until last week, my stepson was helping deliver the brand new Vettes to their owners (he had to quit his job at the National Corvette Museum to go to school in Marietta Georgia). Some of my relatives probably had a hand in building your new baby, so, I can't say anything bad about your new purchase. Enjoy it, and stop in to see us now and again.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-25-2001, 10:38 PM
jmcassin

Thank you all.

I will always check in, for I will always love the svx, and hope for a new model,....then the vette goes. I have always enjoyed the looks brandished over the years. I was once even asked if the svx was a ferrari. I will never forget that; it was quite ammusing; however, until then, so long, and if anyone has any quesitions that I can help with just drop me a line and I will gladly reply.

Until then, smooth shifting, Happy Holidays, and I'll race ya steve in july!! I'm not crazy!
thanks,

jim cassin, ny
Old 12-26-2001, 03:22 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
God speed

Jim, sorry to see you leave your SVX behind, but I know the feeling.
The Corvette has serious street cred in my book, and as good a pedigree as anything out there. Good choice. From what I read of European tests, the new car acquits itself better on smooth roads than on bumpy back lanes, but the design is nearer to circuit racer than to World Rally Series, so what do you expect?

Was I living in the States, I would have one of those, and have it fettled by a guy called John Lingenfelter who knows how to make them give their best.{mine would be silver with a silver roof}

Enjoy the change, and take care in the wet.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-26-2001, 05:35 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Jim,
Please try to make the meet in July with your 'Vette. As one of the Yahoo "vets", I was looking forward to meeting you at a meet sometime. Just remember you don't have "from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip" anymore and be careful!
Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"