How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-19-2004, 02:59 AM
After 200, it's all the same.

Angry No Respect

A few nights ago I was at an apartment with a bunch of guys from work having a good time. It had gotten pretty far into the night and I decided to head for home. I had unlocked my car and driven home and all was well and good. I get home and without ever looking back, head towards the front door that led me to my nice cozy bed.

FAST FORWARD 10 HOURS...

I wake up and go about my morning ritual looking forward to the next two days off. I head out into my garage to warm up the SVX before I drive her and my jaw hit the floor like a sack of fertilizer that had just been dropped out of an airplane. I stared in astonishment at what appeared before me. Now, I'm not usually one to be at a loss of words, but I'll tell you that this was complete crap.

Remember the pranks that you used to pull in school. They were usually harmless and victim free, or at least not harmfull and good natured. My biggest prank was gathering a bunch of people together to move the Principals VW Bug half a parking lot from where it was origionally parked. Or stacking my friends Subaru Brat on top of the "This is what happens to a car after a drunk driving accident" jalopy parked in front of the school.

As I gathered my thoughts, it struck me. Someone had shot my car. The blast was not from a big bore rifle or even a hand gun. A paintball gun was the choice weapon used in defacing my property. I don't know about many that would simply shrug it off, but I was rather perturbed that someone had the gall to vandalize my property. I understand that it seemed harmless and may still be harmless, but there is always the "What if???"

It could have dented the area behind the driver door, or stripped the paint due to some freak case of chemical imbalance. Over the course of the following hours, I told a few people that someone had shot my car and they had no other reaction other than to laugh. Would it be funny if I went up to someone and popped off a few rounds of paint into their eye...no! So why deface someones property?

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 11-19-2004, 03:01 AM
TorG0d

Sucks, dude.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Re: No Respect

Quote:
Originally posted by civic_slayer
Would it be funny if I went up to someone and popped off a few rounds of paint into their eye...no! So why deface someones property?

Keith
Hmmm... sounds like a pretty fair form of punishment for the perp/s.

Not cool that that happened... and that people would actually respond to the news in laughter!

I know I got beyond pissed when mine was nailed by an egg while I was driving. Couldn't hit the jalopy in front of me full of little girls... but my SVX with 2 quick to temper guys in their early twenties. Impact sounded like a shotgun in the cab and could have scared me off the road (didn't luckily)... besides it smelled and left residue (even with immediate washing) for months. We went back in another car and almost caught 'em. Got real close, made a noise, and they took off and got away in the pitch black woods. We were only gonna beat 'em up a little bit... then drop 'em off 10-15 miles away in the middle of "ghetto" in their undies.

I'm surprised the paintballs didn't create any dents... they provide a pretty darn good impact. You going to do a little investigating to find the hethens?

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 11-19-2004, 04:21 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: No Respect

Quote:
Originally posted by civic_slayer
A few nights ago I was at an apartment with a bunch of guys from work having a good time. It had gotten pretty far into the night and I decided to head for home. I had unlocked my car and

It sucks man. But....

What goes around comes around man.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:24 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
let me tell about a similar incident I had with my previous car (94 BMW Convertible four years ago) when I was preparing my BA. I parked the car leaving the top open at University. there was a guy walking and eating a doghnut. he stopped near my car, finished it and threw the paper inside my car like it was a trash can. I saw him from a distance but never reacted and preferred to watch him to see what car he was driving. he had a 96 camaro he used to park at the same spot where it is almost inaccessible to anyone. after a week, I parked in his place and watched him parking in another. I waited till he went to class, I brought two trash cans, and emptied them on his car....

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:19 AM
Way over-the-hill Member

I saw an entire apartment parking lot where almost half of the cars were 'paintballed'. There were several cars where mirrors and taillight lenses were broken by the paint balls. Consider yourself lucky.
'03 Forester XS 214,000 miles
'05 Outback 3.0R
Old 11-19-2004, 05:58 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
I broke down on the expressway after my alternator went south. I hitch-hiked to a gas station where I called a tow truck and got a ride back to my car only to find it covered with paint. Talk about kicking you when you're down.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 11-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by michael
I broke down on the expressway after my alternator went south. I hitch-hiked to a gas station where I called a tow truck and got a ride back to my car only to find it covered with paint. Talk about kicking you when you're down.
Ouch!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 11-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Paintball guns

You know I wonder what the penalty for using a paintball gun for the purpose of vandalizing or shooting crowds would be. More and more kids are running around with those things shooting cars, people, houses, etc. We had an incident about a year ago where a couple of kids were shooting into a crowd waiting in line for tickets at a brand new mega theater. Many people got hit and I think they mentioned someone got hit in the eyes and had to go to the hospital. Don't know what happened to the victim, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost an eye.

Those kids got away. I remember a few days later on the news that there was a reward for information leading to their capture blurp for 5 seconds.

Walmart sells them to anyone 24 hours a day.