Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
CarveKing

Angry Anybody else have trouble purchasing items from Motorsport-SVX?

This is a general question to all SVX product purchasers. Has anyone else had trouble with purchases from Motorsport-SVX? I purchased rims from him that were supposed to be slightly used (2 months) that had a small scuff on them. Within a month of purchasing them paint has started to flake off the rim from the center on 2 of the 4 rims. I know they are used (supposedly barely) but paint should not be peeling off in sheets within 30 days. On top of that the decals that were applied are peeling off 3 of the 4 rims and his response was"...but thats to be expected to be honest...". I am not particularily pleased with the level of customer service and I just wanted to know other people's experiences before I call my credit card company.
Thanks for the input.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:04 PM
deruvian

I really don't like starting potential thread wars or battles, but one time I did try to order something from his Yahoo store. The auxiliary tranny cooler, I believe. I purchased online, and waited for 2 weeks. No shipment or charge to my card. I emailed Dayle and PMed him on the network. No response.

It didn't bother me that much, as I just bought one from somewhere else.

No worries though, Dayle. I still like ya!
Old 05-07-2004, 03:35 PM
CarveKing

To all who read this, I am NOT trying to start some "thread war" or battle. I am just having a problem with Dayle and I realize many people here have done business with him and I am not satisfied with his service.
Here is a thought...anybody have any suggestions for how I can get some satisfaction from him? I am not trying to defame Dayle...just trying to figure out how to deal with this problem.
Thanks again to any who respond.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
You can reach him best by email. I do not think he reads pm's here.
FWIW I have had nothing but good experiences with ordering from Dayle.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 05-07-2004 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

pretty decent service so far with my experiences. email is the only option. like in deruvian's case, he didn't charge you so i wouldn't be expecting a shipment. people who do get on my nerves are the ones that charge you and never ship.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

I've only had good experiences. I do not think dayle checks his PMs frequently as he asked me to contact him via email after my first PM. Every email after that has een answered quickly (ususally the same day).

The one time I did order something used from him and there was a problem, he promptly took care of it. No hassles and with good speed. Can't seem to figure why he wouldn't take care of issue he was aware of.

Matt
Old 05-07-2004, 06:18 PM
CarveKing

Yeah,
I'm not sure why either...I am pretty disappointed as he has seemed to just wash his hands of my problem. I would have expected a vendor to just take care of the issue instead of saying that I should expect this type of performance from a "slightly used" product. I know he sells a lot of used stuff so I figured he would just deal with the issue instead of dragging it out so much. I have sent him an e-mail stating that if he did not try to remedy the situation that I would look to my credit card company for some assistance...NO reply. So I guess it's off to the plastic moneychangers
Old 05-07-2004, 06:20 PM
CarveKing

To clarify,
Dayle was not "aware" of any paint flaking, just a scuff. But, I would have figured that he would have remedied the problem after I e-mailed him about the problem.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by CarveKing
Yeah,
I'm not sure why either...I am pretty disappointed as he has seemed to just wash his hands of my problem. I would have expected a vendor to just take care of the issue instead of saying that I should expect this type of performance from a "slightly used" product. I know he sells a lot of used stuff so I figured he would just deal with the issue instead of dragging it out so much. I have sent him an e-mail stating that if he did not try to remedy the situation that I would look to my credit card company for some assistance...NO reply. So I guess it's off to the plastic moneychangers
sorry bro, don't know the details. all depends on price and what level of expectation was involved. if it was cheap for some stock wheels i can see his point. if it was expensive and for newer rimss, i can see your point. better to try to work it out before calling the credit people.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:39 PM

I second Noir's post concerning price/product, and second or third (or whatever) the e-mail recommendation. I contacted Dayle about some parts via e-mail, confirmed in-stock on the phone, and he shipped that day. No problems at all.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Headed to Texas...

Hmmmmmm....strange....

I've bought some items from Dayle, including some used rims. Service and product was always first-rate in my experience.

Email communication with him was always very good, like same day response. Don't recall ever using PM to talk to him.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 05-09-2004, 12:58 PM
CarveKing

To clarify, the rims were supposedly 2 months old used on his personal vehicle. Now he says that the paint on them was not from the factory, but aftermarket...something he never told me prior to purchasing them. If I had known they were a non-factory paint I might have asked more questions or maybe even passed. I paid $500 plus shipping, so they were not cheap, just fair priced. Thanks for the ongoing input. Personally, I do not like to go after a vendor through the credit card company, but I did give him an opportunity to rectify the issue, to avail. Anybody want a set of Tenzo's with chipping paint
Old 05-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I've only had good dealings with Dayle, and I've purchased a set of used rims, a high flow cat, and a high flow resonator. I've actually spoken with him on the phone, so you might try calling him. I can concur with the "don't PM him" comments - he's been prompt returning emails.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-11-2004, 03:01 AM
check out www.planetsvx.com

just to clarify

George, Ive returned Every email you sent me in the last few days.
Also, when you wanted a set of ZT6s, I told you I had only one set left and they where the ones on my personal car.
I told you at the time they where painted silver to match the external paint on my car, whether you took that as factory painted or aftermarket painted I dont know, but usually paint is paint.
Those rims retailed for over $180 each, and $500 for the set was a pretty sweet deal, not that it really matters.
Used, yes and you knew that when you bought them, true I didnt have any issues with them when I shipped them or you put them on your car last month.
My last email I came straight out and asked you "what would you like me to do" and I stated it wouldnt be cost effective to ship them back, since I wouldnt want the same guy to paint them again anyway. It was only one or 2 rims, correct.?
I also offered you a discounted deal on any your next order to help compensate for the issues, even though I couldnt warranty paint on rims I didnt personally do. You never replied to that email. I have the paint code color too if you want to get them redone. I havent seen ANY pics of the wheels in question either so I dont even know how bad it is at the moment.
I want to be as fair as possible, but fair for both parties too.
If a rim was bent, or out of round I could see really being a problem, but it is a cosmetic situation too and should be looked at as such too. My guy painted all 4 rims for $100, I cant imagine it would cost more then that in your area IF you decided to get one or 2 redone.
Anyway, Im off back to work, it would probably be faster if you emailed me directly again.
thanks
me

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 05-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Dayle has always treated me well, and provided good service. He is personable and fun to talk to.

Thanks Dayle!
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot