How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-24-2003, 10:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Super Street Mag

I just submitted my SVX to Super Street Mag for their Readers rides column. Lets see if they have good taste in cars. the current issue has a couple Civics & Acura's, 2 240's and a WRX. They may not post me. They might be conserned that I'll make all the other Readers Riders look bad.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:55 AM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Yeah, that's a good magazine

I've been planning to send mine in... eventually. Maybe when I do some more mods and get my car looking a little better. I have a subscription so I'll be looking for your car in the meantime.
-Nathan

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 11-24-2003, 11:00 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Are you nuts?! That's an AWFUL magazine. They're RICE. They do articles about installing parts, WITHOUT SHOWING YOU GAINS, and they're.. they're just ****E compared to other magazines out there.

Seriously, check out "Sport Compact Car" or "Grassroots Motorsports". Both contain a LOT more information than Super Rice and have less advertising. Superior in every respect.

- Rob
Old 11-24-2003, 11:05 AM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
I know, they're not very technical (Sport Compact Car is better here) but they do show gains for a lot of the stuff they install. But what I really like is their sense of humor and random remarks.

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 11-24-2003, 11:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Are you nuts?! That's an AWFUL magazine. They're RICE. They do articles about installing parts, WITHOUT SHOWING YOU GAINS, and they're.. they're just ****E compared to other magazines out there.

Seriously, check out "Sport Compact Car" or "Grassroots Motorsports". Both contain a LOT more information than Super Rice and have less advertising. Superior in every respect.

- Rob
I find it funny that you mention "ricy" Because the Dec issue on page 31 has an article about what people think "ricy" is. It takes about fake badging and stuff(ie type-R on a non type R car).
Old 11-24-2003, 01:18 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I really hope that they put it in there... It will be great to see a SVX in a magizine for once!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 11-24-2003, 03:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to milesmc214
Yes, It would be nice to have an svx in a magazine. Though I don't like super street, I do like Sport Compact Car. I also checked out a new one at the bookstore called Power Pages from Import tuner. I didnt buy it but skimming through it looked like they do a lot of product reviews, and then show the dyno charts for them. I had quite a few adds, but I just thought i'd share.

--Miles

Last edited by milesmc214; 11-24-2003 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by milesmc214
Yes, I would be nice to have an svx in a magazine.

i DID see an SVX in the 'readers rides section of a magazine before, and i think it was Super Street. it had Stan's headers, a K&N filter, and the rest were mild appearance mods. this was a year or two ago.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-24-2003, 05:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
I saw one in a magazine recently. Like a month ago. It was actually a mini review. They had a pic and mentioned some common probs and that it was a good car. They mentioned the wheel berings and rotors but not the transmission. Sadly I really never cought the name of the magazine. My dad noticed it at a store when flipping through stuff and showed it to me but we never bought it. This was right (days) after I got my SVX. Although I don't know why I never gave it much thought.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Green1995SVX

I am partial to Super Street for 2 reasons.

1.) I'm good friends with an editor at SuperStreet.

2.) A Sport Compact Car photograhper broke the windshiled on my car by dropping his camera on it, then tried to run off without getting caught. I was lucky that about 30 people watched it happen.

Mike
Old 11-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Superbeast

There was an SVX in an issue of SCC. I can't remember witch one but I know I saw one in there. I think they also had this site in there web reviews. It was this one or the old Kinetics site I can't remember right now but either way is pretty cool.

And it was only a Cavalier windshield who would care about that?

J/K.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by mikecg

I find it funny that you mention "ricy" Because the Dec issue on page 31 has an article about what people think "ricy" is. It takes about fake badging and stuff(ie type-R on a non type R car).
Are you guys NUTS?!?!?!

Look at what's in Superstreet... show cars... cars with huge rims, slammed to the ground, with crazy bodykits and obnoxious paintjobs.

Look at what's in the two mags I mentioned... lightweight tasteful wheels, slightly lowered, a 'sport exhaust system', not grapefruit cannon, not many wings, and all of the cars they feature have one thing in common: PERFORMANCE. SCC races in the ProRally competition, autocrossing, road racing, all sorts of crap. Superstreet does what... gives awards from big tittied women at NOPI nationals?! Gimmie a freaking break. Super Street is the EPITOMY of rice... all image, and not much performance at all.

- Rob
Old 11-24-2003, 10:32 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
i tend to flit through them just to see what they are about, i dont take much of the info serious, as most people shouldnt. Turbo magazine is all about the numbers, but EVERYTHING in this industry is riged, i mean come on guys who do you think pays the bills...advertisements.....
phil
Old 11-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Uh... no. Grassroots motorsports, go check one out. They're are NOT bending the rules for advertisements, and I don't think SCC is either. Read either of those, then read super street. No comparison.

One cars about MEP, spring rates, and real racing, the other one cares about subwoofers, wings, bodykits, and ignores 'performance' completely.

- Rob
Old 11-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
i have to say that i think BOTH sport compact car and Super street are ricer mags... they both are all about that type of crap, with wings and the like. Grassroots Motorsports is a quality magazine IMO... they have a comprehensive magazine that does everything from stock cars, to full blown spec racers... its a pretty cool magazine that i urge you all to subscribe to, if you are into that type of thing...

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker