Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 07:20 AM
jrollins

O/T Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals

Hey all... was just seeing if any of you guys plan on attending/entering the CCCN this yeay. It's this weekend (May 2-4) in Carlisle, PA. Looks to be a great show this year.

Here is their site for all the info.

I'll be going up in the SVX with a few other cars from around here.(I don't think I'll show it, not enough time to get it ready ). But on the list of events is the SCCA driver education class, and drive. If you ever wanted to learn how to push your car and do it safely, this might be a good way to do it.

Anyway, just thought I'd post some info. on it here.

- Rollins
Old 04-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Green1995SVX

Hey man! Great to see ya around more often lately. I used to go to that show when I was in high school. It always falls right before my finals now though, so I havent been able to go in a few years. Study study study!! Have fun, though! It's a great time.

Mike
Old 04-28-2003, 07:57 AM
jrollins

Yeah I'm starting to get into this posting thing (Look out Randy here I come!! )... I've been a member since Aug. '01 when I bought my '92 and have a pathetic 42 posts (most of those are recent too).

My finals are next week, and most of my friends' are this week. I have it set in my mind that I want to go and I'm going... Just looks to be a lot of fun, and anytime I get the chance to take the SVX on a trip I take it!

-Rollins
Old 04-28-2003, 08:03 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by jrollins
Yeah I'm starting to get into this posting thing (Look out Randy here I come!! )... I've been a member since Aug. '01 when I bought my '92 and have a pathetic 42 posts (most of those are recent too).

My finals are next week, and most of my friends' are this week. I have it set in my mind that I want to go and I'm going... Just looks to be a lot of fun, and anytime I get the chance to take the SVX on a trip I take it!

-Rollins
It says 43 now hehe.

Mike (post count booster)
Old 04-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

CCCN

Won't be there! My ears must be getting to old. I just can't have fun looking at 1000 Civics with Styling by Pep Boys rattling themselves apart from bad bass . If you wanna come back 2 weeks later and go to the Imports at Carlisle and hopefully see cars you don't often see at McDonald's I'll see ya there! Can't decide on taking the Brat or the SVX though. I think more people would enjoy the Brat even though its farther from show quality. Have a great time and FOLLOW THE TRAFFIC RULES. Carlisle Cops are just waiting for someone at these shows to spit onto the ground in the wrong spot.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Green1995SVX

Re: CCCN

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
Won't be there! My ears must be getting to old. I just can't have fun looking at 1000 Civics with Styling by Pep Boys rattling themselves apart from bad bass . If you wanna come back 2 weeks later and go to the Imports at Carlisle and hopefully see cars you don't often see at McDonald's I'll see ya there! Can't decide on taking the Brat or the SVX though. I think more people would enjoy the Brat even though its farther from show quality. Have a great time and FOLLOW THE TRAFFIC RULES. Carlisle Cops are just waiting for someone at these shows to spit onto the ground in the wrong spot.
Ben I might go to the import show with you if you're going. I would be much more interested in seeing that too.

Mike
Old 04-28-2003, 08:14 AM
jrollins

I will say that I've been very anti-rice in my life (see: Bryan's Rice Page ) but I've been opening up lately have a few friends with Civics, Probes, Integras, and other Imports. I still do poke fun at some of the senseless things they do to their cars, but for the most part they're pretty clean.

I'm all about adding the little things to a car that just make it that much better (even to the SVX) if it's done right. And for the most part the people at CCCN have the money to do it right. It does get a little old real quick, but it's fun.

-Rollins
Old 04-28-2003, 08:39 AM

CCCN

I'm not anti rice. Its just not my still nor my speed . If it gets more people into their cars that's great in my book. I just prefer the stock look of virtually any vehicle. To me you can find a perfect car for what you need or what it to do if you look hard enough so there isn't much of a need to make any car into what your ideal ride is. I've seen many done nicely and many more that look like hack jobs but I've yet to see one that I would own but I'll admit I have very strange tastes. Enjoy it! There's nothing else in the world quite like a Carlisle Show!

Mike, as soon as I decide which car I'm gonna take I'm registering. Have to work on the 16th but will try to skate out early and drop that car off. Will probably spend most of Saturday there and then defiantely head back up on Sunday for the Car give-away. Can always use a Fiat 850 for something right! If your around and wanna go that'd be great. Last I checked Moosens from the Ultimate Subaru Message Board was planning on bringing his 70's wagon down and camping at Pinchot. I wonder if Brian (never2phat is around that weekend)?
Old 04-28-2003, 01:56 PM

import show

When is the import show?
I was there last year and managed to pick up original brochures for my 92.

I thought about going to the CCCN show, but won't have the car near ready by then, plus the girlfriend has made other plans

I would be up for the import show if anyone else is interested.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:02 PM

Import Show

The import show is May 16-18.