How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-27-2003, 10:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Really stiff sidewalls!

Holy cow! The other day after cleaning up the SVX I took it to the local gas station with an air pump to set my fronts at 4lbs over the rear. Passenger side all went well, drivers front 40 lbs, get to the drivers rear and no reading on the gauge. Hmmm...something must be amiss here, it looks as full as the rest of the tires. Checked the front tire and the gauge works. This is very odd... I took it back home and dug out my stick gauge and sure enough there is no - that's right, I said NO - air in the tire at all. Drove it back to the station and filled it up. Seems to be holding air just fine since then. Am I the only one that is amazed how stiff the 50 series sidewalls are or is this considered normal? I forget the model tires I have (will have to check tomorrow morning) but the damn things might as well be run-flats.

Just felt like sharing that.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:18 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
its a bloody miracle you didn't pop the tires off the bead. I would have to assume it is posible, but I'd like to think you would feel the performance issue

Now if you've been driving very mellow, then its posible.

But you might just want to find the leak, probably a very slow leak, cause the air had to go somewhere. There's a slim chnace it was stollen, but the theif certainly didn't get what they were hoping

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms
Old 04-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Green1995SVX

Check your wheel for cracks. This is pretty common with the SVX.

Mike
Old 04-28-2003, 02:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by CDG
its a bloody miracle you didn't pop the tires off the bead. I would have to assume it is posible, but I'd like to think you would feel the performance issue

Now if you've been driving very mellow, then its posible.

But you might just want to find the leak, probably a very slow leak, cause the air had to go somewhere. There's a slim chnace it was stollen, but the theif certainly didn't get what they were hoping
I'll say. That sure is a miracle. Someone "stole" my air in the middle of winter a couple years back... came off the bead... scratched up rim at 3 am... just as I was going to get on the freeway! Not much fun. Maybe someone played a nasty joke of yankin' off your rim, slapping on a run flat, and putting the rim back on.

Even if it was a 30 series it shouldn't be able to run without air. Weird, is about all I can say.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 05-01-2003, 03:25 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I had a tire mysteriously lose it's air on me a few months ago. It wasn't initially noticible except for a slight pull to the right when driving. Good think I didn't go very far before I noticed.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
WOW. This happened to me too man! ZERO PSI!!!! Rear wheel though. Anyway, I picked up a nail about 1.5 months ago, and haven't gotten around to fixing it yet (it goes in tomorrow for a rotation and whatnot, so they'll do it then). Anyway, I checked yesterday and ZERO psi.

HOLY CRAP!

I have yokohama A550Vs in case anybody cares.

- Rob