How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Network Design Administrator

Too bad you are way the hell out in WA... I was considering getting rid of my SVX due to Tranny stuff, its fine now, after all its a 2 year old tranny... anyway, $4000 is much easier to handle than a new car payment... anyway, branch out the the NJ, NY, PA area and your buisness would probably boom. And I would be your first customer.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:13 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
tranny on ebay

Brian -
I am still looking for a good 5 spd to do the swap on mine but the tranny you have on ebay also caught my attention since I could save quite a bit of money and buy some time to look for a good 5 spd by putting that in. (not to mention get back on the road) Is there anything else you can tell me about it (I'm the high bidder so far - dheyvis)
thanks
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Brian Steel

Re: tranny on ebay

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
Brian -
I am still looking for a good 5 spd to do the swap on mine but the tranny you have on ebay also caught my attention since I could save quite a bit of money and buy some time to look for a good 5 spd by putting that in. (not to mention get back on the road) Is there anything else you can tell me about it (I'm the high bidder so far - dheyvis)
thanks
The tranny in question is out of a 92 we bought for parts. It was banged pretty good on all four corners but driveable. I was able to locate the PO even though I purchased it at an insurance auction and he provided the rebuild info. I had already noted a Subaru reman tag on the pan. I only drove it a mile or so since it wasn't licensed but it seemed to work fine. The PO said his girlfriend was driving and spun out on ice.
Old 02-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thanks.
hopefully (for me) the bidding will not get too rich for my wallet, but if it does go out of my price range I hope you get a big pile of cash for it. I actually kind of hope it gets too high for me so I am forced to put in a 5 speed.
decisions...decisions.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 02-25-2002, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Brian wins either way!
Old 02-27-2002, 04:39 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I WIN!
yeah for me - I get to put in a tranny - for $960
poop for me - no 5 speed.

This is good. it buys me some time with an auto to do the proper search for a good 5 spd - not to mention I get to regain my sanity. Putting it in myself will be a real pain in the neck but I will be able to save all that money for a good RS 5 spd to put in later. (unless I screw it up royally and have to drag it to the dealer for them to fix. I can already hear eddycat's words on stupid customers)

Thanks Brian - I hope the final price was what you wanted.
Huck - looks like I am postponing the trip to kentucky for now. I appreciate your help so far in giving me the details needed to get a good 5 spd swap. I will surely be hauling the car up there in the future for a 5 spd with how hard I drive it. Hopefully I will be prepared better next time.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Old Saw

Quote:
Putting it in myself will be a real pain in the neck but I will be able to save all that money for a good RS 5 spd to put in later. (unless I screw it up royally and have to drag it to the dealer for them to fix. I can already hear eddycat's words on stupid customers)

One of the Techs can correct me, but isn't there a sign over every single service desk in the country that says,

Normal labor shop rates:

$60.00 per hour
(if YOU worked on it before you brought it here $90.00 per hour)

or something like that.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .