Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Certified Porschephile

60 Minutes

I watched 60 Minutes last night because I wanted to see the who Ashlee Simpson fiasco (which the story that they hyped as exclusive and behind the scenes sucked) and they led off with a story on Iraq and the troops using unarmored HumVees. They mentioned 5 times that the current Defense Budget is over $400 million and that the troops have to make improvised armor for their vehicles. The story never mentioned that defense spending has gone UP every year under Bush after going DOWN every year under clinton. You don't call AM General and order 5000 armored HumVees and expect them to show up in 4 weeks. This is another example of bad desion cuts under clinton, that the media likes to throw at Bush. I have been in the Air Force Reserve sionce 1994 and was activated from 11/01 to 04/03. We recieved better and newer equipment in 2002 and more of it then ever before in my military career. Including new rifles, armored HumVees, AN/PVS-4's, and much more. Funny the extremely left leaning 60 minutes failed to point that out.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
My brother in law's brother is in Iraq right now. He is a squad leader that goes on missions every other day. One day they were going through the desert in a Humvee when they were ambushed. The Humvee was blown up by an RPG, destroying his M14 rifle. 1/2 the squad was injured in the explosion, but still managed to fight off the Iraqi's and get rescued. He got a purple heart for his actions, but no new rifle. He was on leave last week and ended up buying a new .308 at Galyan's to ship back to Iraq for his primary gun.

I agree, the budget for the military is lacking.

Here's a pic of him getting his purple heart. He's on the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ph.jpg (34.6 KB, 95 views)

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 11-01-2004, 12:49 PM

thank you brother for me!

it is bs how we can give food and other supplies to people over there, but then again we can't give our own troops safe equipment??

WTF

i saw that too, and it pissed me off so badly i had to turn off the tv and leave the room

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
That story was so full of doctored info, I couldn't even break the surface and be within the post length limit. Let's just say it was bad. The funny part is, I would assume that Kerry's camp wanted that story to boost them. Well it's actually done the opposite. Bush has gained another point lead in PA. Bad bad news for John-John.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:56 PM
SVX Appeal

I wonder if the Brady Bill prohibits purchasing guns for other people even if they're going to be shipped overseas.

I guess as long as their last name is Brady...