Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-17-2001, 05:11 PM
One teal and One yellow

2 mths experiences w/ my SVX

Hi,
I want to say a big "HI" to all the SVXers here. I've owned my SVX two months by today. I fell in love with this machine. Really! Really! Really! I've owned it for two months, I've used two-third of my new wax and already waxed it 3 times. I registered the club and the network the first day I bought my SVX. Maybe until today I only post my first msg is because maybe I was busy( wanted so much and got it before the weekend fall term started) and I am not so good at writing(not my native language).

Other than its problems and the excellent ride and handling you guy always mentioned. Overall, this is a wonderful car. I feel that this machine is pretty cool w/ some really thoughtful designs of its intelligent system. Even this is a going-to-be 10 yrs old design/car, I feel it still beats lot of y2k cars in term of its standard features, quality and handling.

Talk about SVX, if you could read, I could write up to pages and pages but not this time. And, I think that I might bore you w/ my writing. Also, I am worrying that Larry III will tease me if I make any typo or any mistakes of my English grammars. I was thinking that if I could travel my SVX up to 0.05mps for a straight line that will be enough(no need for his 50mps(hehe) w/ his new dunlop sp5000 exit the ramp at 108mph?! >>> I thought Larry III mentioned that he would go for yokohama AVS db?? :?) Am I wrong?

Not a good buying experience I wasn't happy with the seller. Forget about him. I got his car because I loved the car not him. I wasn't got a really good deal. Still think is quite pricey. Interior of this car is fair to good. Exterior is fair to good or maybe only considered fair as the ages of the car?! Some deep scratches and light dents/dings. But the engine is clean like new and the strongest SVX I tested.(I drove about 5 SVXes during my long buying process- this is one of the not-the-best exteriors but the best engine I tested) No missing bolts or any obvious worries and leak. No the 3 main problems. So the main reason comes: I bought my 92 teal LS-L SVX(spoiler) is because of its very low miles(now is still 567XX after 2 months). Brand-new tranny was installed from Subaru last year and after that two tranny coolers were installed and Mobil 1 ATF is treated. So I bought it. ) I paid a lot and hopefully I have got an SVX won't stop me halfway on the road. But, from far away, my SVX still looks pretty good, like new(people thought, brand new? 97,98 models?) regardless of its scratches and some dings. But there wasn't a good buying experience, whether he(the seller) was being honest, first day I got my SVX, 1) driver's door refused to lock(now is fixed was actuator problem plus got the keyless remote it works now) 2) starting problem - he told was fixed but it wasn't( Now find the problem should be the starter going to fix soon) 3) the rattling sound(like sewing machine) every time I pushed my gas pedal(figured out maybe is from the little emission pipe going back to engine - expensive to do - but doesn't harm anything just the noise - might work together for my 60K service. Other than so many things, when I drive the car is good & quiet, tranny shifts smoothly, ride is tight.

SVX is not that very uncommon in my area. I could easily find one or see one SVX daily(not mine okay!! ) I see all kinds of SVX color in my area. I estimate that my area should have at least 15 SVX owners or slight more. Guess it was popular maybe because our area is known as a home of mountaineer. But I figure, according to its limited figure of SVX, I could possibly really be the only driver or owner of SVX from my country. ) (hehe) Could my SVX be the fastest of its maximum and 0-60? Is possible becasue mine is 92LS-L. HAHAHA. is also my SVX has the worst gas mileage( I refer to the fuel mileage reviews from you guys weeks ago) Of course premium gas(91 or 93 mixed), in pure city driving I only got 11-12mpg. For highway driving, I only get from 19-21mpg. Drink so much gas, could my SVX be the fastest one? Highway speed is usually at least 80mph not quite constant up and down because of the traffic. City driving is stop&go and all going up hills and down. Sometimes a bit hard acceleration w/ power mode on. Tranny shifts almost every minute because of the traffic. is that normal? :]

Well, I'm not fnishing yet but guess I should go....takes too much time of your work or to your bed or some of you might already skip msg. :| Have a nice SVX driving day. Hopefully could see guys at next year's big meet if I could make it.... any nearby recent meet let me know? I know SVXit is not far from my area(west virginia) I went to silver spring saw a maroon SVX. was that him?

-sssvx
long enuf/?
Old 10-17-2001, 05:37 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: 2 mths experiences w/ my SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX
Hi,
I want to say a big "HI" to all the SVXers here. I've owned my SVX two months by today. I fell in love with this machine. Really! Really! Really! I've owned it for two months, I've used two-third of my new wax and already waxed it 3 times. I registered the club and the network the first day I bought my SVX. Maybe until today I only post my first msg is because maybe I was busy( wanted so much and got it before the weekend fall term started) and I am not so good at writing(not my native language).

Other than its problems and the excellent ride and handling you guy always mentioned. Overall, this is a wonderful car. I feel that this machine is pretty cool w/ some really thoughtful designs of its intelligent system. Even this is a going-to-be 10 yrs old design/car, I feel it still beats lot of y2k cars in term of its standard features, quality and handling.

Talk about SVX, if you could read, I could write up to pages and pages but not this time. And, I think that I might bore you w/ my writing. Also, I am worrying that Larry III will tease me if I make any typo or any mistakes of my English grammars. I was thinking that if I could travel my SVX up to 0.05mps for a straight line that will be enough(no need for his 50mps(hehe) w/ his new dunlop sp5000 exit the ramp at 108mph?! >>> I thought Larry III mentioned that he would go for yokohama AVS db?? :?) Am I wrong?

Not a good buying experience I wasn't happy with the seller. Forget about him. I got his car because I loved the car not him. I wasn't got a really good deal. Still think is quite pricey. Interior of this car is fair to good. Exterior is fair to good or maybe only considered fair as the ages of the car?! Some deep scratches and light dents/dings. But the engine is clean like new and the strongest SVX I tested.(I drove about 5 SVXes during my long buying process- this is one of the not-the-best exteriors but the best engine I tested) No missing bolts or any obvious worries and leak. No the 3 main problems. So the main reason comes: I bought my 92 teal LS-L SVX(spoiler) is because of its very low miles(now is still 567XX after 2 months). Brand-new tranny was installed from Subaru last year and after that two tranny coolers were installed and Mobil 1 ATF is treated. So I bought it. ) I paid a lot and hopefully I have got an SVX won't stop me halfway on the road. But, from far away, my SVX still looks pretty good, like new(people thought, brand new? 97,98 models?) regardless of its scratches and some dings. But there wasn't a good buying experience, whether he(the seller) was being honest, first day I got my SVX, 1) driver's door refused to lock(now is fixed was actuator problem plus got the keyless remote it works now) 2) starting problem - he told was fixed but it wasn't( Now find the problem should be the starter going to fix soon) 3) the rattling sound(like sewing machine) every time I pushed my gas pedal(figured out maybe is from the little emission pipe going back to engine - expensive to do - but doesn't harm anything just the noise - might work together for my 60K service. Other than so many things, when I drive the car is good & quiet, tranny shifts smoothly, ride is tight.

SVX is not that very uncommon in my area. I could easily find one or see one SVX daily(not mine okay!! ) I see all kinds of SVX color in my area. I estimate that my area should have at least 15 SVX owners or slight more. Guess it was popular maybe because our area is known as a home of mountaineer. But I figure, according to its limited figure of SVX, I could possibly really be the only driver or owner of SVX from my country. ) (hehe) Could my SVX be the fastest of its maximum and 0-60? Is possible becasue mine is 92LS-L. HAHAHA. is also my SVX has the worst gas mileage( I refer to the fuel mileage reviews from you guys weeks ago) Of course premium gas(91 or 93 mixed), in pure city driving I only got 11-12mpg. For highway driving, I only get from 19-21mpg. Drink so much gas, could my SVX be the fastest one? Highway speed is usually at least 80mph not quite constant up and down because of the traffic. City driving is stop&go and all going up hills and down. Sometimes a bit hard acceleration w/ power mode on. Tranny shifts almost every minute because of the traffic. is that normal? :]

Well, I'm not fnishing yet but guess I should go....takes too much time of your work or to your bed or some of you might already skip msg. :| Have a nice SVX driving day. Hopefully could see guys at next year's big meet if I could make it.... any nearby recent meet let me know? I know SVXit is not far from my area(west virginia) I went to silver spring saw a maroon SVX. was that him?

-sssvx
long enuf/?
Well, no doubt, you love your car. Welcome and don't wait so long to post.

If you're in WV, you might wanna come visit us in Canaan Valley, WV this weekend. there are about 12 of us meeting there.

Again, welcome.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-17-2001, 09:05 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up

Welcome here, SSSVX. Canaan Valley is only three inches away from Morgantown on my map. Most (all?) of us are staying at the Canaan Valley Resort Friday & Saturday night, You'll get to rub elbows with the SVX-Net Club elite, like LarryIII, SVXphile, SVXcess & SVXit. Why, even Aredub & me were allowed to attend. But be sure your wheels are facing the right direction, or you may be asked to leave.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:57 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Oh, and SSSVX, I forgot to say, SVXit drives a Pearl/Black SVX with a black scrape on the left rear bumper (unless he's fixed it ).
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-18-2001, 09:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
SSSVX,

Welcome to the Network, and I hope you enjoy many thousands of miles in your SVX. What a treat to find one with so few miles on it!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-18-2001, 10:39 PM
One teal and One yellow

Thanks Don.

Don, from my town to your city is about 200miles. If I travel my machine at an average spd of 100mph , it will only take about 2 hrs to reach there. Canaan Valley is only 1 inch away from my town on my map. J But I canĄ¯t make it this weekend. Enjoy your ride to Canaan Valley this weekend!

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 10-18-2001, 10:52 PM
One teal and One yellow

thanks pockets

Mr. Pockets,
Thanks! 92 LS-L, 56K, is that an old car? J maybe yes! Maybe no! but its performances, handlings and quality are still one of the best. I hope I could enjoy my SVX w/ thousands of miles w/ no big problems. that was the fate that I had to buy this car. It took me so long process still going back to buy it. hey my machine is jealous of your garage queen b/c I donĄ¯t have a garage for it. L you are the king of the subarusĄ¯! have you put on half of a million miles from Subaru now? Update! J J

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05