Old 11-13-2002, 03:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
ENOUGH about the neon! sheesh.

Mike
I second.

I'm glad you like other cars, but you've posted more about the damned Neon than 90% of our members post about the SVX.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-13-2002, 03:12 PM
$VX

>sigh<

Alright, but if anyone starts talking about the mini's performance....

- Ca$h
Old 11-13-2002, 03:37 PM
cjoffe

not quite mopar but...

minis rule
minis rule
minis rule
minis rule
minis rule
Old 11-13-2002, 06:12 PM
greg

Re: Cartalk

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
I am thankful for their efforts to keep as many 3 ton SUVs off the road as possible. Granted I do understand the need for 1% of the popluation people to have large vehciles for towing purposes but really does anyone need to spend $50,000 for a 15 mpg commuter that emits more emissions than 1.5 15 mpg cars from the same year but really,.
I know I am a little O/T but I figured if we were talking about Neons and their performance I could make mention of the performance of My Subaru. I have an '84 GL with 200,000 miles on it, and as for being 1% of the population that needs a tow vehicle, I am happy everyday I hop in my wagon (Helga) and hitch up my 20' foot cuddy boat that weighs in at 3,567 LBS. Off she goes (a little slow) anywhere I want to tug the boat. No need for a guzzler for me. I am a HAPPY Subaru fan!

-G
Old 11-14-2002, 06:47 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Re: Cartalk

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX'in

I know I am a little O/T but I figured if we were talking about Neons and their performance I could make mention of the performance of My Subaru. I have an '84 GL with 200,000 miles on it, and as for being 1% of the population that needs a tow vehicle, I am happy everyday I hop in my wagon (Helga) and hitch up my 20' foot cuddy boat that weighs in at 3,567 LBS. Off she goes (a little slow) anywhere I want to tug the boat. No need for a guzzler for me. I am a HAPPY Subaru fan!

-G
Do your Flintstone brakes work as good as my Brats too when towing a load like that?
Old 11-14-2002, 01:30 PM
$VX

Re: not quite mopar but...

Quote:
Originally posted by cjoffe
minis rule
minis rule
minis rule
minis rule
minis rule
Actually the mini is quite mopar; its engine is a chrylser engine.

- Ca$h
Old 11-14-2002, 02:27 PM
cjoffe

Re: Re: not quite mopar but...

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

Actually the mini is quite mopar; its engine is a chrylser engine.

- Ca$h

'splain pleeze.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:37 PM
$VX

The mini's engine is a chrysler engine. The export neons (not the canadian or european ones) that go to other countries use this engine.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/rover.html
Old 11-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
www.allpar.com? WOW!! I heard that www.junk.com had moved but I didn't know know their new address until now!! Thanks Ca$h!
Old 11-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
dusty

Just noticed a large cloud of dust over in the direction of this thread, so I thought I'd drop by and take a peek...

....uh huh.....yep.....uh huh....OK...

....that's what I thought....

(scribbles on post-um-note....."If....I....ever.....decide....to...

....buy....a....SRT-4.....or.....Mini....S....this....will....be....th e...

...LAST....place....I....will....post....the....ne ws."

RRRRIIIIIPPPPPP.....(sticks note to forehead)

....later folks! Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 11-14-2002, 05:42 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
no offense to both of you, but who cares. You cant compare a domestic neon to an imported mini car....
Old 11-14-2002, 09:19 PM
cjoffe

I talked to a friend who did a lot of research and bought a bunch of books before buying a Mini-S. The base level motor is, in fact, built by Chrysler but redesigned to BMW's specs. It is now used in a variety of Chrysler products. The Mini-S motor is basically all BMW parts in a Chrysler block.

Didn't know that.

CJ
Old 11-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Hater

Quote:
I talked to a friend who did a lot of research and bought a bunch of books before buying a Mini-S. The base level motor is, in fact, built by Chrysler but redesigned to BMW's specs. It is now used in a variety of Chrysler products. The Mini-S motor is basically all BMW parts in a Chrysler block.

Didn't know that.

CJ
its a shame that Chrysler didn't let BMW design the entire Neon - it might not be such a piece of ****e if they did.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-15-2002, 09:45 AM

car talk

You know this was a thread of a interesting car talk thingy..

HOnestly neither of these guys have Driven the WRX and hence need to hush..
I haven't driven a WRX yet, but I know the SVX well...
so assuming it's going in line with the same idea just smaller car different set up... I would buy one more then likely.

Yeah WE all aggree Subaru needs to hog tie their marketing Department because YET again they messed up...

When marketing screws up, it can kill a car line.

Everyone talks how Much money Subaru lost on the SVX... Well guys they are still around.. Still making money off of us Subaru Owners. SO life can't be but so bad huh..........

It would be nice to see another SVX and maybe one day... Just remember, the wheel that squeeks the most gets the grease.....

Pulls out a blower to blow away the fall out and dust........

Cash you love them Neons don't ya......... Funny little car, kinda has that built in smile.. Now it's gota make ya wonder why they did that.. FOr style you say.???

or is someone just laughing at you.. Sorta you can Mod the hell out of it and do some tricks..

Ya know Gateway computers has a 2 year trade in warranty on their computers.. Does anyone wonder why????
If it makes it that long your lucky for one... By the end of the 2 year time you'll want to trade in for a new set of problems.. and three they all like money..

anyhow.. Cash you've expressed 1000 times how great the neon is.. Thanks for sharing, I would have never thought of it as such.

I thought just about anything could be tricked out, modded, or max'd..... Most of all of it looks to be a sleeper... Of course those BIg cheese slicers on the back of most give it away..

HOnda's Sunfires, Camero's.... to name a few.. A lot of GM products, Cav's have proven to take a beaten and keep on ticking.
A friend had one, she and her kids put that car through pure and uTter HELL.

the 4 month old Mc D's fries was one sign.. the Muffler hangin by a thread was another.. the bald tires and flooring the gas every stop and go was just funny.... most cars don't live long at all with her.. THe cavi did... that's what is so interesting.. that beat up, Doom trap on four wheels Did well by my friend.. It made it through most of her years of never changing the oil and such.

oh one more thing.. How well a car preforms also depends on what or who is behind the wheel..

the driver makes a HUGE difference.
might be why so many opinions vary.

Happy Driven'n....

SVX1999

Old 11-16-2002, 02:50 PM
$VX

Quote:

Didn't know that.

CJ
You are wrong there. Please see the link. Its a chrysler engine.

- Ca$h
Closed Thread