How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-12-2004, 08:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Hi soobiesvx93,

yeah I am an Indian. Are u too an Indian?... i remember tht u have replied to some of my posts... but u never mentioned tht I am an Indian.....(did u go thru my website...?)

if u r not, is there another indian on this site....if so lemme know who he is... I am askin just like tht.

Pavan.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by pavanbabut
Hi soobiesvx93,

yeah I am an Indian. Are u too an Indian?... i remember tht u have replied to some of my posts... but u never mentioned tht I am an Indian.....(did u go thru my website...?)

if u r not, is there another indian on this site....if so lemme know who he is... I am askin just like tht.

Pavan.
Pavan,

have you seen this thread Tom (Soobiesvx93) posted in the Not Exactly SVX section earlier today?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=21926

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-12-2004, 09:17 PM

Hi ChikeTD,

hmm... so there are 2 Indians(from India) apart from me.... thts cool... I want more indians to be in this site and I am trying to make my friends over here to by SVX....but hmm none of them are really interested in this great champ... they are all leanin towards Honda/Toyota/Nissan/Mazda. (which I hate very very much). Sorry for tht if u have any feelings on them. May be they r lookin for mileage and costs of maintainence, but as far as i, i don't care them as long as the car is reliable and gives me more satisfaction.... Anyway u can know my feelings on Subaru by goin to my site.. (sorry my photo is not there).My Website

Anyway its good having atleast 2 indians on this site...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Pavan,

I just checked out your website and that's a sweet looking teal '92 you have there...

Of the cars you mentioned, the only one I have 'feelings' for is Nissan. Used to owned a 300ZX TT and my mother must have owned at least 4-5 Nissans when I was growing up.

It's definitely nice that we have a good diversity here...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-12-2004, 10:01 PM

Hi Chike,

hmm.... I hate Nissan but i won't hate Infinity... but also I don't like it very much as I do with Subaru/Volvo.... but i like them pretty much....

Pavan.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:06 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Pavan yes I am Indian. From the southern state of Kerala. We also have a member from Bangladesh...one of my close friends omar. Were actually gonna put his new tranny in tomorrow!

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 10-12-2004, 10:21 PM

Hi soobiesvx93,

thts cool.... I am from Andhra Pradesh, now I am somewht happy atleast I am having some native friends overhere..... anyway all the members in this network are from the same native...(Subaru)... so we all are like a family....

wow... u r fixing up tranny... very nice... so u r able to work on ur SVX's on ur own... thts good.... i have to get familiar with its mechanics so tht i can also work on it....

Pavan....

Last edited by pavanbabut; 10-12-2004 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:21 PM
ThetaReactor

Thanks for the warm welcome.

And no, it's not a first car. Third, actually.

First car was a 1977 VW Westy. Needed bodywork. Needed massive engine overhaul. Expensive parts. Pain in the ass to work on...

It was this car that taught me my limits.

Second car was [is] a 1982 Chevy Impala. Big, comfy. Gutless six-banger. Cheap parts, easy labor.

I've seen both sides of the coin.

And I drive it like a grandma.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
"I love this car so much that I will do anything to keep her, practicality be damned"
- Aredubjay

I love that quote - and it fits the svx enthusiast.

Good luck with your svx - I'm not that far from atlanta if you need help working on it. Noir (Harry) should be right around the corner from you. He has a maroon/black svx. Porter (Jason) works at classic subaru in atlanta - he drives a blue svx.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by majeskyb

Ford Festiva!!!!!11!!!1

All 58 wild, uncontrollable horses, screaming to get out!
That would make the Justy with all of its 66 horses just mind blowing!!!

http://autos.msn.com/research/compar...&dt=0&v=t10911
Old 10-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Man. I've just read this whole thread and figure I should invest in a rocking chair company. Mature advise from a bunch of young'uns. (Except for Ron of course. )

I'd like to add that I stopped looking at the price of a car years ago. It makes no difference if you make lease payments, buy out right or take a loan. Add your maintenance, insurance and running costs up, then add in any finance cost and you have annual expenses. All you need to do is set a budget for the year and try not to mess up. Lower buy in, more maintenance and lower finance. It's the annual cost.

As far as the age vs what car thing; I'm sure every one has reflected on how they have survived to their respective old age.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Paxton71

age and wisdom = safety? maybe not.

I learned to drive in a 59 Austin Healey Bugeye. About 55 real thashing HP there and a whopping 60ft pounds of torque. (shoot, can't even put on SVX lugnuts with that!)
Oversize dual carbs, dual vavle springs, hot camshaft...Didn't run under 3,000 and NO seatbelts.

Next up, 63 Austin Healey 3000 with a hot cam. 120MPH on 25 y.o. wire wheels and a cutie riding shotgun WOOHOO! Driver side lap belt to hold you in front of the SOLID, straight steering column shaft cleverly aimed right at your heart. All this from a company with a motto of, "Safety fast." (yeah right). (pics of my dad next to the big healey in my locker rifraf)

The SVX is the second safest car I've had. (I had a Volvo, it was boxy, but it was good). The SVX has been able to save me and myself at least 3 times in bad situations. Gassed it free of a wreck 2x and steered out of an impending situation once. These times I KNOW that car saved its own skin. Something my truck would not have done.
peace
Old 10-15-2004, 05:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
That would make the Justy with all of its 66 horses just mind blowing!!!
Speak for yourself. Mine's EFI.

http://tinyurl.com/3qzw3

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I figured I would quote the MY88 since the quoted Festiva was also a MY88.

My 88 Justy will probably not be coming back on the road. One of the two 93 4WD's we have will be though.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Superbeast

Every Suby I've owend has saved my skin at least once. never had and accidend in one. My wife rolled her Spectrum (held up well) and I hit someone at the gas station in the 83 LTD (hay it's alot bigger than a Subaru) but despite many close calls, I've never recked a Suby. (and Iv'e owend ALOT)

What was this thread about
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!