Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2003, 09:30 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

Uh, Dude.

I think it's a Boxter.

So Style, tell him that's what they're supposed to do, and you'll see him in another couple of months.
its a 996 convertable. boxter looks completly diffrent.
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 06-05-2003, 09:32 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

Uh, Dude.

I think it's a Boxter.

So Style, tell him that's what they're supposed to do, and you'll see him in another couple of months.
no i told him i will go drive with him for 15 min to see how he drives and correct him on his mistake. bill was 2300. 98
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 06-06-2003, 10:33 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jsvxstyle

its a 996 convertable. boxter looks completly diffrent.

Heheh. (We dont'see many of those here. )
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 06-06-2003, 03:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:

no i told him i will go drive with him for 15 min to see how he drives and correct him on his mistake. bill was 2300. 98
Maybe he won't actually learn... and he'll keep comin' back to blow over 2 grand every few months.

I've always been a bit confused by the different Porsche model names... like how a 911 Turbo can be a 959 or 993 and such. That, and how there can be a 911 Carrera... like 911 is just the body style or something?

No way that was a Boxter... fugliest Porsche ever. Well, not fugliest... but it is up there on my list for later model Porsches. Its stupid center exiting exhaust, too... bleh.

It would be REALLY sweet if you get a '98 911 turbo, Yon. I LOVE those... more than the new ones (style wise). I'll have to see pics when it happens, dude!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 06-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8
I've always been a bit confused by the different Porsche model names... like how a 911 Turbo can be a 959 or 993 and such. That, and how there can be a 911 Carrera... like 911 is just the body style or something?
Yeah you are.... those are completely different cars. The 959 isn't even related to the other ones you mentioned.

- Rob
Old 06-06-2003, 09:26 PM
MINEZ BETTER

well the test drive with the owner was incredible. i almost said no warranty.
but as a good kid i am, i still gave him one year, 12k miles.

well tomarrow i must weld on flow master on a new c-5 corvette
and put a lightweight crank which has its dampner on it as well. program the ecu, and install a cold air box threw the radiater vents from the front of the nose.

more money will take pics
Old 06-07-2003, 07:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Yeah you are.... those are completely different cars. The 959 isn't even related to the other ones you mentioned.

- Rob
Umm... OK. Sure they're related... they're both all Porsches, aren't they?

OK, the 959 is quite different... shouldn't of included that one. However, I still see 911s being a kinda "basic" name for Carreras or Turbos... both also classified as 993s and 996s. Just want a little clarification on the meanings with all the different model numbers.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 06-07-2003, 07:46 AM
alacrity024

the "911" moniker strikes me as a generic term for a particular porsche body style.. that sorta round frog-headlight thing and all the evolutions thereof..

just being a typical consumer..

"hey, is there any coke left? well could you pass me a kleenex so i can wipe off my arm before i put this band-aid on it? oh, there's no coke left? well then pass the windex.."

-adam
Old 06-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Directionally Challenged

Send a message via AIM to Shadowyng
That was worth a chuckle.. Thanks for the picture.. I showed my dad who spins a wrench ocasionally too, and he's still trying to figure what they did to get only 10k..Damn... does this guy have a wooden leg???

Last edited by Shadowyng; 06-07-2003 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:06 PM
MINEZ BETTER

lol

yea today at work he stoped by and said if it was normal for the clutch peda to engauge with a slight let off. i said yes sir it the way it was intended to be. told him keep your foot off the floorbaord and use you leg for engaugment and disengagement.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
im sorry to get off topic here but how did you get into fixing all these high end vehicles???Your job sounds like something i would love to do, but just dont know how to accomplish it...sorry again for the off topic post...

Quote:
well the test drive with the owner was incredible. i almost said no warranty.
but as a good kid i am, i still gave him one year, 12k miles.

well tomarrow i must weld on flow master on a new c-5 corvette
and put a lightweight crank which has its dampner on it as well. program the ecu, and install a cold air box threw the radiater vents from the front of the nose.

more money will take pics
Old 06-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: want-a-fast-svx

hehe, want-a-fast-svx. it's pretty simple. i'd say learn to be a good mechanic, work in a shop for a few years for experience, and then get some money to open a shop. did i mention choose your name wisely and find a good location? i guess you could try to ask yon if you could work for him starting off by doing oil changes or tune-ups . but i tell you this, being your own boss rocks. the freedom you get is great. the only problem is that sometimes when business gets slow you will experience many sleepless nights....unless you have something on the side for cash .
Old 06-08-2003, 11:56 AM
MINEZ BETTER

well

Quote:
Originally posted by want-a-fast-svx
im sorry to get off topic here but how did you get into fixing all these high end vehicles???Your job sounds like something i would love to do, but just dont know how to accomplish it...sorry again for the off topic post...

my dad is a master tech, engineer. he is a european rallychampion 3 years straight. all the things i ever learned is from him as i was forced too. than he keept sending me to shcool, ASE TECH SCHOOL TO FINISH ALL AREAS, THAN HE SENT ME TO MBZ SCHOOL TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE CAN DATA SYSTEM. BUT MY DADS NAME BEEN OUT IN THE BAY FOR A LONG TIME FOR HIS PERFECT WORK AND WHO HE IS, AND IT GOT PASSED ON TO ME AS "JR" WILL HELP YOU?. BUT SINCE IVE GOT DIFRENT WAYS ON DOING THING. MY POP AND I DONT GET ALONG IN THE SAME FEILD UNLESS ITS BEING ALITTLE DRUNK, HE WORK FOR A DIFFRENT PLACE AS I RUN THE SHOW HERE, WITH PLENTY OF OLD CUSTOMER TO FOLLOW ME. THATS HOW I GOT ALL THESE BEUTIFUL CARS ON HAND.
ONCE YOU HAVE UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM GERMANS HAVE USED IN MAKING THE E.F.I.SYSTEM WHAT IT IS TO DAY, YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANY TASK ON ANY CAR ONLY IF YOU THINK.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: hehe

hehe, hey yon, what happened? caps lock syndrome? was doing good until that nasty little pinky finger hit that caps lock button eh? ;D
Old 06-08-2003, 12:42 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Re: re: hehe

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
hehe, hey yon, what happened? caps lock syndrome? was doing good until that nasty little pinky finger hit that caps lock button eh? ;D
Oh my? i didnt even noticed that.. damn pinky finger. i should cut you off!