How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-23-2002, 04:33 PM
not just a fan, a Member!

Finally!! but now help!?

whew!! i was woken from my nice night of sleep by a random phonecall this morning at like 9am... it turns out my SVX is finally here!! i've been waiting on the darn thing for like a whole month, and now they finally got it to me.

the car is in decent condition, considering that i paid less than 3500 for the 92, my first impression is that its not bad, although i might have another opinion once i take it to the mechanics to check it out...

so here's the problem... any madison natives who can tell me where to go register the car?? also, i might have to change drivers liscence to wisconsin's too... where do i do that?? also, any recommendations for insurance company out here?? and if that's not enough... where's a trust worthy shop to take my new baby to for check ups and to intsall new parts??

thanks much!!
Old 10-23-2002, 04:43 PM
$VX

Cool. I'm from madison. Go to the DMV as EARLY AS POSSIBLE (8am!!!!) to avoid 3 hours waits. I got there at 8:20am and had a 20 minute wait. Anyway, its located in 2 places, one is on the east side near MATC truax, the other kinda on the west side/campus area. Big ass DMV building. I use American Family Insurance, but I'm not really sure what is best.

As for mechanics, no idea. There isn't even a real subaru dealership in Madison. >:|

- Ca$h
Old 10-23-2002, 04:45 PM
$VX

Where are you in Madison?
Old 10-23-2002, 04:52 PM

i live like 2 blocks off the capitol building (near e. washington)
the car has california plates right now... would it be safe to drive the car to the dmv to get it registered?? i'm assuming that i can get my liscense changed there too no?

hmm... so no subaru dealers here.... how do you do the maintainence on the car?? do you just do it yourself??
Old 10-23-2002, 04:59 PM
$VX

DUDE! We live REALLLY REALLY REALLY close to each other!

Sweet! We gotta roll up langdon one of these days to show all the honeys some mad SVX style

Anyway...eh.. I've only had my car for 1.5 months, but yeah, I do most things myself. You mean regular maintenence? Hell, you can pay me to do it (oil changes etc etc).

You can drive to the DMV and apply for title/registration, but they're kinda behind so you get a certificate that you paid for the registration and crap to keep in your car.

PM me your phone number! I'll come check out your car tonight!

- Ca$h
Old 10-23-2002, 05:18 PM

i would totally love to show everyone in madison my car, but its dusty as hell right now.... and plus i have to study in the library (where i am now) until it closes (which is like midnight, no i don't study in memorial, i study at the law library)

but yeah, we definitely should get a madison svx thing going... and drive down langdon in high fashion.... but i guess i have a bit different take in the svx than you in that i would like to see the extent in modding the car... as far as my bank account can afford... (which is not too much for now... but heck, if i get a part time job next semester... i'll be saving for that manual swap haha)

and what's pm? how do i do that??
Old 10-23-2002, 05:31 PM
$VX

Hit the PM button on the bottom. I'm usually parked on the outer loop, at Dayton and Pickney. The Cell is 358-2802 if you have any more questions and stuff.

Later man, and g'luck!

- Ca$h
Old 10-25-2002, 07:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
WI DMVs are the wost I've experienced. No kidding, FL beats them in convenience. FL shouldn't beat anybody in anything.

Anyway, if I drive my wife to Madison again this summer, I'll have to hook up with you guys. I made that road trip in the SVX this year - I don't see any reason I won't again next year.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-26-2002, 02:16 PM
$VX

That'd be cool. Let me know, maybe we could go yell at some bible thumpers on state or something.

- Ca$h
Old 10-27-2002, 08:48 AM
"high" in Colorado

cashs' meet.....

I would like to be a fly on the wall at that gathering...
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
86 Pontiac Parisenne (55k)
86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)