How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-12-2002, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
yeah, i cant believe anyone would buy a new Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Crystler, or such american/ GM product. Look at any BMW, Toyota, Nissan or yes even Subaru, they dont cost much more they drive 90 times better and last 5 times as long. Just look at the next 87 chevy you see. Or think about this, a year ago i drove a chevy camery and a ford focus, lets just say my 87 Nissan pulsar with stock nonABS breaks and original trany and engine runs and drives bout 60 times better, i am not joking.
I've heard that Pulsars are the worst car Nissan has ever made. I Guess that can't say much for the chevy, camery or focus
Old 10-13-2002, 09:49 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Well my pulsar is one of the nicest cars i have ever driven, compared to 2 benzes. There was 2 versions in 87, mine is the single cam version and has the better tranny. It can do 125MPH with 36MPG. It is realy light but still rides smooth. For a 15 year old FWD 5 speed its is real nice. I put 4 grand into it and realy wanna keep it, but i could also do with some money.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:13 AM

Wasn't there two different engines available for the Pulsar? One particularly troublesome 4 cylindar engine that takes 8 spark plugs?
Also, I know there's two generations. I had a friend with a first gen 86. Let's just say the car was the sorriest POS ever to be engineered. However it wasn't taken very good care of. And I assume the 2nd was much better.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 10-14-2002 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:18 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Nissan engines

I used to have a Nissan PU with the 8 spark plug 4 banger. Inherited it from my brother. Never once did it have the sparkplugs changed, it went for 35k once without getting the oil changed, I bounced it off a cattle shoot going to Slipperrock once scraping the entire one side (thought I had more room to go around some tire pieces). The thing never didn't start. It just went to the junkyard in September. Had been sitting at my parents for about a year and 1/2 and had only been used once in that time to get tanbark. Started right up with a jump! Went to the yard with 145k on it (not a prob with the engine except some leakage) and a fair amount of rust). If its that engine you're speaking of that engine is bullet proof.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:13 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Mine is the version that has the t-tops and removable hatch. The engine is the single cam, 4 plug version. It fires up every time you go to crank it, never even pump the gas to get her running. For what i put into it its an awesome car. And just to let you guys know they still make the pulsar, just not sold in the US its an aussie car now.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:21 PM

Re: Nissan engines

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
The thing never didn't start.
In other words, it always started?
Old 10-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The thing never didn't start.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, it always started?

It sure is a good thing I'm not doing any work here today! I'd have to redo it all tomorrow anyway!
Old 10-14-2002, 01:09 PM

Re: Nissan engines

Quote:
I used to have a Nissan PU with the 8 spark plug 4 banger.
...likewise, an '87. Had the thing for 7 years, kept waiting for it to give me reasons to hate it and it just wouldn't. Went way over 100K miles and always, always ran... and ran well.