Old 10-02-2004, 11:44 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by ensteele
Kansas City, MS
Kansas City is in MO Earl... not MS.....

I had no idea what I bought when I bought it. My hubby just liked them (I'd never even seen one). And we ended up in over our heads, but we love our Penny just like anyone else. And I truly have to say, no matter how weird it sounds, that she is part of me, part of my identity. I honestly don't know what I would drive in her stead.

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 10-03-2004, 01:07 PM
TorG0d

It was a dark and stormy previous night when I made my normal passing of the mom and pop car dealership in my hometown during my normal 2.5 mile hike to work when the rain glistened pearlie caught my eye. Never in my life had I seen one before, nor even considered owning a subaru (being a hardcore toyota phR34k), but all that changed in that instant. 2 hours, 1 missed day of work, and $4000 later, I had my car.

l8ter
Old 10-03-2004, 04:50 PM
SVX Appeal

I've wanted one for nearly a decade, but only in the last couple of years did I really want one.

My thought process:
1.) I want an AWD sports car.
2.) I really like Subarus.
3.) All Subarus are Ugly except the SVX.
4.) The SVX is an AWD, Subaru sports car that is not ugly.

I searched the internet and found one at a local dealership that seemed to fit the bill. Unfortunately, I had many other things that needed to get done in short order and I didn't have the time for anything else. So I set a goal: Complete my To-do list, and then I'd get the SVX.

I finished the list, went to the dealership, and found out they sold it the day before. So I searched the internet like I'd never searched the internet before. I found a real beauty in Idaho. I'm in western Washington. A week later I drove out with a buddy to pick up my new toy.

It turns out that I paid less, and got a better car than if I'd bought one at the local dealership. It was worth the wait.

In numbers? I searched for about two years before I got my first SVX.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
First one -- drive by.
2nd one -- first one died and there was one around (during a Reading Meet -- had to drive an hour to go buy it)
3rd one -- I like the colour, the guy wanted to sell.. network sale
4th one -- I like the price. I could drop by with one of the buyers... I offered a price. We agreed, we exchanged pink slip for green backs.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 10-04-2004, 07:51 PM

About 3 days-got referal to delaer IN St pete and they had our 92 black leftover on sale=22,500. new.

Tooka bout a year to find the 97 last March.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:10 PM
SilVerXtc

I was thinking of getting an mid 90's AWD Sports car. I researched most AWD Sports cars for a couple weeks. I read allot of old car reviews and searched Auto Trader and other online private sellers. I found 4 SVX's within a 100 miles of me. But didn't check on them. After reading some comparison tests with SVX's, 3000gt VR-4's(stealth RT turbo AWD), and Talon TSI AWD(Eclipse GSX). The SVX was usually the poorest Performer. I decided I wanted one of the Mitsubishi's. But was still a little Biased toward SVX because it was a Subaru and it was cool and different. I was kinda of partial to getting a Celica All-trac also for Toyota Reliability. But found out that they are very rare and almost impossible to find. I found a 96 3000gt VR-4 in my favorite color Purple. I few in love with it and it had low mileage in immaculate condition. But it was way overpriced at $22,500. Seller wouldn't accept my offer of $16,000. then a co-worker told me he knew someone who had a SVX and he asked the guy if he wanted to sell it. The guy said he would sell it for $2500 bought the tranny was slipping. Looked into doing a 5-speed and conversion and it was very feasible using my Forester tranny. Since I wasn't going to need the Forester Tranny after to the Dual range install. Sounded like a good deal to me and ended up buying it.