How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-13-2002, 01:21 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
That was the one, actually the address was for East Nashville but it played out to be west Gnaw Bone. Yeah, I had a big day driving from on end of the country to the other. Whoopie....

Anyone know anything about the green '92 on ebay? It's looking better and better, I may roll the dice on it...

Beav
Old 01-13-2002, 06:13 AM
calmone

as usual, it's just being in the right place at the right time. have you gone to "cars.com"? they list all the newspaper ads from over the country. you can narrrow the search by price or miles from your home. i was looking for about six months, found my 92 in the local paper from a semi dealer (the guy was middle eastern {no ben laden jokes.PLEASE} worked for a dealer, and said he bought cars at auction and fixed them up. the previous owner (whose name i found in the car) said he gave it to charity because it just stopped running and the deler COULDN'T FIX IT! it had a new timing belt so i figure that was all that was wrong. the car does have 117,000 on it and a few dings and the cd player didn't work, the sun visors droop a bit and the cigarette lighter was inoperative because (the old owner said) when using it a fuse always blew so he disconnected it. i paid 4,500, so KEEP LOOKING, these cars are still not the easiest to sell. face it, most people don't want an older car that is odd looking. they want a cavalier!
Old 01-13-2002, 06:31 AM
calmone

the green 92 on e-bay (currently $3,500 app. with reserve not met) is the base model w/o leather, cd or sun roof. still, the price is interesting with a new trannie and it is awd. i would think the seller, a dealer, would want closer to five. there is a 94, black, also in new york state that is aso interesting. up to $5,100, again reserve is higher but who knows how motivated the seller is, that seems to be in your price range. that one is a private sale. i'de wonder if the reserve wasn't met what kind of offer they'de accept. i have to add though that i constantly see that the reason for selling these cars is "starting a family, need larger car" i gotta wonder how accurate that is, or is it in the "you better make up your mind, i have another buyer whose very interested coming back this afternoon" family.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:09 PM
dart

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
I was in and out in less than two minutes. Not that the car was that horrible, but I got turned off as soon as I saw the car. Un-washed, un-waxed, etc., broken lug on LF all caught my eye on the 15 foot walk from my car. The car's been listed for over a month and the inside is still dirty. The new tires were a set of Road Buggers (I didn't really expect much though) and the four or five full length key scratches on the RF fender were impressive. Every single lens on the car was holding water/condensation and a large patch of paint was missing from the left corner of the rear bumper, where it had obviously had taken a shot. I walked around the car twice and by that time the proprietor (giving all the respect that I can muster when I use that term) walked directly past me and to another guy standing near a Geo. It would have least been nice of him to acknowledge my existence. I didn't see the need to antagonize myself any further so I packed it in and headed back.
Beav
The A**o E******m continues provide that sterling customer
service I had a little taste of. There is a '94 Lsi in Louisville with a Stebro exhaust and 88k on the clock. It looks nice but the fellow is asking more than the range you specified. FWIW we found a clean '92 pearl with 101k just 30 miles north in Pekin Indiana so they are out there. Good luck.

Last edited by dart; 01-13-2002 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:28 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

I decided to eyeball a '95 LSi that was advertised by a local large Dodge/Chevy dealer in Maryland. Ad said, "one owner, like new! $7,800." The dealership was closed today, but I found the car parked amongst the other stuff that was just dragged back from auction. The price is only $800 more than the ASKING price was for my '92, that I paid $6,500 for exactly a year ago. The car hadn't been washed, & "like new" meant that all our cars come with dings, sandblasted hoods, & window scratches from the factory. Overall, though, the polo green car had a near mint tan leather interior, only 2 dings that I could see through the dirt, & looked to have no repaired body damage. Tires were decent Dunlop something-or-others (not 5000s.) It had 92K on the clock. There was an original dealer sticker on the trunk from Hanover, PA. I'm sure I could flash 7K in hundred dollar bills, & pick this one up. Of course, I know nothing about the mechanical
condition, but any dealer's gotta give at least 30 days warranty, or I walk. Later, I strolled through new car section - new Cavalier sedan was 15K sticker. No contest!
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 01-13-2002 at 08:32 PM.