IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 05-16-2002, 10:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
Cool Bay Area Meet II

Hey everyone in Bay Area!

Summer is coming and I am sure a lot of you guys have a vocation
plans going. (well for me off from college is a vocation)
Anyway, I was thinking to get together another SVX meet, before the one in Indiana.

No plans made yet, just to see if anyone interested. I think our
last meet was pretty good, not that many cars though. So share your ideas on this matter, and plan ahead

Here is a brief plan.

Date? I was thinking sometimes in June, which would be June 9, or after that. The best weekend probably would be June 15th -16th, since, a lot of people will be done with college by that time.
However, if this is too short of a notice, we can make it deeper in
the summer. Please post your suggestions.

Place? Well, our last meet was in Santa Cruz mountains, (I think
that is how they are called) Highway 9 and 35. Then we went down to the ocean and drove to Santa Cruz and back by 17. If you are interested in some pictures,
http://www.zamorush.harmonyinmotion....ery_photos.htm This time we can climb up Mt. Hamilton. Which is Located in Milpitas, it is very pretty place, and I believe the highest out there.

however if we get most of the people from Sacramento area, or
somewhere close there, we can decide on some other place to meet and to go. That way it will be easier for everyone.

Oh, yeah, one more thing, if anyone remember that Red 97 SVX on eBay, well I believe there is a guy from San Francisco who bought it. He registered at www.subarusvx.org Hope to get that guy to come to the meet. he he.

Anyway, post your suggestions, would be glad to hear everyone’s
opinions.

nik
(red 94 )

Last edited by zamorush; 05-29-2002 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2002, 06:17 PM

Registered SVX
Dates Exteneded

Yeah, that was kind of a short of a notice, so I think the meet date would be extened to end of July - beginning of August. How about that?

nik
Old 06-01-2002, 12:21 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Talking yah sure....

I'll be out of town from the middle to end of June... but I'll go along and even put some word out in the other threads... PM me or send me an email... I still haven't had the 35mm film developed yet..... I'll do that this weekend and try to put the pics in my locker.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 06-01-2002, 10:17 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: Bay Area Meet II

Quote:
Originally posted by zamorush
If you are interested in some pictures,
http://www.zamorush.harmonyinmotion....ery_photos.htm
nik
(red 94 )
Pic 046 is beautiful! How did you do that?
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 06-02-2002, 01:36 PM

Registered SVX
Secret of taking good pictures.

"Pic 046 is beautiful! How did you do that?"

wasions,

thanks for the comment.

This picture I took from the beach, on the intersection of CA Hw 84 and Hw 1. If you ever go there, you should find a big parking lot, and if you walk down from that parking lot to the beach, and take a look at the left, there you should see this bridge.

To get a better view, I was standing on the log.

Oh yeah, and the secret of taking good pictures.............

If you have a digital camera, take a picture of everything you see around you, and make at least two shots of same place. I have 160 expsures available in mine, and I usually use all of them when I go somewhere. After, just sort out all the "fuzzy", "dark", and other bad pictures, and I am sure there will be some to look at.

Nik

P.S. Check out the other pic, that is my favorite
http://www.zamorush.harmonyinmotion....age038_jpg.htm
Old 06-02-2002, 07:53 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: Secret of taking good pictures.

Quote:
Originally posted by zamorush
"Pic 046 is beautiful! How did you do that?"

wasions,

thanks for the comment.

This picture I took from the beach, on the intersection of CA Hw 84 and Hw 1. If you ever go there, you should find a big parking lot, and if you walk down from that parking lot to the beach, and take a look at the left, there you should see this bridge.

To get a better view, I was standing on the log.

Oh yeah, and the secret of taking good pictures.............

If you have a digital camera, take a picture of everything you see around you, and make at least two shots of same place. I have 160 expsures available in mine, and I usually use all of them when I go somewhere. After, just sort out all the "fuzzy", "dark", and other bad pictures, and I am sure there will be some to look at.

Nik

P.S. Check out the other pic, that is my favorite
http://www.zamorush.harmonyinmotion....age038_jpg.htm
I wasn't particularly thrilled with that pick, but I especially like the way both the foreground and the background are in focus in 046. I assume your camera has an adjustable f-stop. Do you remember where it was set?
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 06-03-2002, 01:45 PM

Registered SVX
F-stop

I wasn't particularly thrilled with that pick, but I especially like the way both the foreground and the background are in focus in 046. I assume your camera has an adjustable f-stop. Do you remember where it was set?'

Haaa....... no, sorry the camera does not have the adjustable one, it is automatic, so I have no idea where exactly it was set, sorry.

Nik
Old 06-26-2002, 11:11 PM
kenm

So has a date and time been for the meet? I have the 14th of July booked for a DeLorean meet but would be willing to make dates after that.
Old 06-28-2002, 07:58 PM

Registered SVX
Time and dates, please say something

Ok, about the times and dates.

Originally i was planing to make it in the end of July, probably same time as the Indiana meet. However, July is coming soon, and So far not a lot of people showed the interest. So if anyone out there who wants to come, please post your suggestions for the dates. I will gladly accept them.

So, the dates for now are July 20th which is Saturday, or Sunday July 21.

Nik
Old 07-01-2002, 10:05 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Hey Nik,

I can make it on the 21st, but not the 20th. You might want to put a post in the "General SVX Babble" section with a link to this thread to let eveyone know that the is going to be a Bay Area meet. I think there is more traffic on in that section than the Upcoming Meets section.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 07-08-2002, 02:44 AM
scottnkat

Hi there. My wife and I would love to go, but Saturdays are better for us. Sundays are no good as I have to work. If we're meeting Saturday, we can make it as long as it's somewhere between Sacramento and the Bay Area.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:40 PM

Registered SVX
Updates

Hello everyone again!!

Here are some updates.

First, We need to vote on which day do we plan to hold the meet, is that Saturday the 20th, or Sunday the 21st. Personally I vote for Saturday. Less worries about upcoming Monday, and usually a lot of people have Sundays as their family days.

Second. Scottnkat, the meet will be held in San Jose, or Santa Clara, which is in Bay Area. If that is too far from you please say so. However, last time we there were two owners from Sacramento area.

Place to meet???????? Hmmmm....... for all the previous SVX'ers out there, did you guys liked the D&B meeting place? IF you did, then we should meet there again. However if not, then let me think on another place, or tell me your suggestions.

Places to go. Well, I like the Santa Cruz mountains idea. It is a beautiful place to be and a great place to test out your car. There are some good roads, and some twisty turns. Although, if you like speeding, this time it will be kind of difficult, since last time I've driven on Skyline, there were four patrols over that area. (Never seen them before)

Another great place to go is MT. Hamilton. The highest point in the Bay Area. It is 25 miles long, going up the mountains. The Road is very twisty and in some places very narrow, however there are some great views. For all the explorers out there, you can try going down from MT. Hamilton using the other side. But to warn you, that is a very boring ride, it took me about 4 hours to complete 120 miles of mountain road.

And the last place that i think may win over those two, is Lake Dell Valle. If we meet in Milpitas, at D&B, then to go to LDV, we would have to take the freeway over the hills towards Livermore. After, get over hills by 84, and enter the downtown Livermore. The road to the actual lake is very steep uphill, with not a lot of views, however it is really wide, and really interesting to drive one. The lake itself, and the park looks very nice too. But you have to pay 4$ for entering.

So those are my suggestions. Feel free to email me, or just leave your posts.

nik
Old 07-15-2002, 10:29 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Hey Nik,

I won't be able to make a Saturday meet (which seems to be the most popular of the choices). I will be in the Santa Cruz Mountains during the day, so if you see a blue SVX heading the other directions, it's just me.

Good luck with the meet. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 07-17-2002, 10:24 PM

Registered SVX
The meet is on, 3 days left!!!!

2nd Bay Area SVX Meet

The meet will be in Milpitas, at the main entrance of Dave and Busters, Great Mall. If you need a directions, click here . The meet will start at 11 AM, which is when D&B opens up. We are planning to wait at least half an hour for everyone to arrive.

The rest is pretty simple, get to know each other, take some pictures, and drive to Lake Del Vale. I think that is the best place to go since it not only have a great variety of sceneries, it also has some pretty good roads to test out your SVX. Although, if you have any other ideas, bring them on!!!!

Anyway, one more piece of info. If you are planning to be late, please call me. Email me for my cell phone #. My email is: petrov992@attbi.com, and AOL screen name: shizonovich.

Thanks for reading this and thanks for joining the meet!. Any question?

email: petrov992@attbi.com
AOL: zamorush, shizonovich
remote email: nikapetr@mailcity.com

P.S. Please email me if you are coming, so that i know how many people are going. Thanks
Old 07-17-2002, 10:26 PM

Registered SVX
Matt,

Sorry, that you can't make it. I'll get those pictures and get them posted. Hehe, i just bought a new memory card for my camera, so i am up for 400 pics.

Take care

nik