Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I miss my VR-4

Send a message via Yahoo to gtdanielgt
Flooding in the Northeast

I'm thinking there might be a few flooded Svx's being parted out soon... Just a hunch!

No more subie

Current Cars: 96 Chevy Caprice Impala SS clone
93 Chevy Full-size blazer
Soon: 2002 Honda CBR 954RR
Old 07-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
That comment seems a little random... and pointless too.

Here let me give you one now: I bet there are a lot of sun faded cars in Arizona.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:22 PM
I miss my VR-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90
That comment seems a little random... and pointless too.

Here let me give you one now: I bet there are a lot of sun faded cars in Arizona.

This is coming from a guy on an SVX forum, with no svx.

No more subie

Old 07-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Soobologist

Registered SVX
your point?
Old 07-01-2006, 10:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdanielgt
I'm thinking there might be a few flooded Svx's being parted out soon... Just a hunch!
Oh boy even more ruined! Yippee! What the heck would make you think we want to hear about your very sad hunch?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:35 AM
I miss my VR-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
Oh boy even more ruined! Yippee! What the heck would make you think we want to hear about your very sad hunch?

I sorry. Just saying there's prolly gonna be a lot of cheap ones up for sale, and a lot of parts. As long as the people had full coverage, i think its win-win for all of us. Someone can get a cheap SVX that's always wanted one, and all us cannibals can get parts for our existing ones

Sorry!

No more subie

Old 07-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Soobologist

Registered SVX
I don't know what you are looking for but there are a bunch of parts out there...I guess you just have to know where to look.

But what the hell do I know right....I don't have an SVX.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdanielgt
I sorry. Just saying there's prolly gonna be a lot of cheap ones up for sale, and a lot of parts. As long as the people had full coverage, i think its win-win for all of us. Someone can get a cheap SVX that's always wanted one, and all us cannibals can get parts for our existing ones

Sorry!
Obviously you're not real knowledgable about the Northeast. Unlike 3/4 of the country flooding isn't an issue unless your a idiot who chooses to live on a flood plain. The terrain is hilly enough that only the low lying areas ever flood (and of course a random basement here and there. I would doubt there are any more flood SVXs available today then there were last week.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Obviously you're not real knowledgable about the Northeast. Unlike 3/4 of the country flooding isn't an issue unless your a idiot who chooses to live on a flood plain. The terrain is hilly enough that only the low lying areas ever flood (and of course a random basement here and there. I would doubt there are any more flood SVXs available today then there were last week.
Cant agree with you more.. i live in North east Pa, in a town called wilkes barre and were my svx i located at is in south wilkes barre. well the river is about 2 blocks away from my cousins house there "car resides there until everything is transfered in my name" and all the creeks went over but thank god the river didnt :-) the town i live in has one amazing design for flooding haha
Old 07-04-2006, 05:32 PM

I also escaped the flooding in Long Pond, PA...but I *was* one of the last cars down 611 in Delaware Water Gap before they closed it. I was dropping off my son at the babysitters, and I looked at the Delaware, and thought..."you know...the river isn't THAT far below the road right here...." Me and a Jeep were splashing through deep pudles, but it was fun. On the way back (15 min later) - the river had risen at least a foot, the deep puddles were less "fun" and more "scary", and in some of the "scenic overlooks", water was shooting straight up in the air out of the storm drains from the Delaware's backpresure.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Ebay is great for cheap stuff if you watch flooding in the NE or not. I bought my SVX for 1800 with a power steering problem and a bad cat, it had a brand new tranny and torque converter and was is fairly good shape (damage to 1 fender that was replaceable and 3 BB gun shots to a door that happened to it after the auction ended) It ran great and wasn't too bad on miles for a '92. I've gotten nearly all the parts i've need (besides the tranny i got repaired at a shot and the drivers window buttons) on ebay for cheap cheap cheap. I check it every other day and put everything i might want on the watch list (which is checked several times a day b/c we run a race team that was built off ebay) and after a few auctions i generally get what i want/need from a salvage car (i NEVER buy from the serial part outers like small car, i refuse to support them i'd rather do without or spend more on a different one that give them my money)