Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Shot king

Thumbs up

I'm down with a pellet pistol league. All the pellet guns i have now are just plinkers but i've always looked for an excuse to by a prescision piece Could be some real fun.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:52 AM
ww111

It's a deal then!... I've wanted to do this for a while...

I actually own "practicalairgun.com" we could set up a board like this and have a couple of different classes. shoot in the garage or basement... turn our scores in and compare notes. My personal plan would for this to get pretty big. If you're in let me know.

Classes would be lowcost to start. I'd like to do slow pistol and an action series. No ranges greater than 15 feet (garage length) for the winter at least.

The reason I'm really exited about this is it could go global pretty easily. There are a LOT of places where real pistols are illegal but pellet guns are not. 1st competition by December! We'll need to sort out classes so don't get a gun yet.

Yehaaaa!
Collins
Old 10-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Shot king

I share your excitment Collins this could be a blast (pun intended). I see your located in Syracuse which if i'm not mistakin is less thn 2 hrs from me ( i'm near scranton in pa) so locations not a problem. "excellent" (in mr.burns voice)
Old 10-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Shot king
I share your excitment Collins this could be a blast (pun intended). I see your located in Syracuse which if i'm not mistakin is less thn 2 hrs from me ( i'm near scranton in pa) so locations not a problem. "excellent" (in mr.burns voice)

I'm like, uhm, 15 hrs away.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-24-2003, 02:03 PM
alacrity024

i think the thing about thie "league" is that it doesn't require us to all be in the same place.. we submit a scan of our target by a certian date and time for it to be counted.. right? this way we can all shoot at our leisure.. i think..

-adam
Old 10-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
i think the thing about thie "league" is that it doesn't require us to all be in the same place.. we submit a scan of our target by a certian date and time for it to be counted.. right? this way we can all shoot at our leisure.. i think..

-adam

That would work.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Shot king

Quote:
Well it would definately be the most convient way to go about it, and it would work for the slow pistol but it definately would'nt be conducive to the action shooting. It sounds like Collins already got some plans in his head we'll see what he has to say.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:00 AM
ww111

Thoughts...

Yeah, ya got me, I've actually been working on this for a while. then things come up and... ya know... The following are some thoughts I've had on the subject in no particular order, submitted for your comments.

1. Cheap and Easy
a. one design. Everyong shoots the same inexpensive (<$100) gun.
a2. Iron Sights, no fancy optics.
b. Short enough ranges to shoot in your garage / basement / apartment.
c. start with the honor system for scoring and see how it works.

2. Classes
a. Ability based
Novice / intermediate / expert
b. When we get big enough we goto regions and states, even National and International

3. 2 main categories
a. Action
b. Slowfire
(This may mean 2 different guns?)
I'd like to do Action first. the NRA and Olympics have really well established programs for slow fire and the guns are $1500 and up. We start with action and then muscle in on their turf

4. Scoring is web based and shooting a match takes place over a couple of days.
a. easy
b. convienient
c. honor system based
d. low maintenance.

Some neat aspects. More than one shooter can use the same gun. After we've done some shoots we can actually have meets (bring your SVX, of course)

There's more... but what do you think so far...

I'm leaning towards the CP99 Sport for a gun, 8 shots as fast as you can pull the trigger, CO2, <$100, and it's a Walther.

http://www.airgunexpress.com/Product...ol14-cpsb+.htm

Collins

Last edited by ww111; 10-27-2003 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Shot king

I like the way you think cheap and easy to get into, not true of most shooting sports. I do like the idea of using the same type of gun this will be an excellent way to keep the playin field level another thing that is'nt common in most shooting sports. Next the "Honor system" i like this idea to make it easy hence fun yet if things got serious we probably will have to bag it but for a bunch of guys who live several hrs away from each other who just want to enjoy some friendly competition it should work just fine. Class designation sounds good what we can do is designate ourselves in the begining then be moved to where we actually belong .The 2 categories sound good also , i would definately be into the action shooting. That could be the big thing. How many people out there who would love to shoot action but just could'nt because of finances or just a lack of local competitions(i'm one of them). Scoring sounds good also. There are plenty of standard NRA targets to choose from we can vote on one and make it official. There usually pretty easy to find also, i don't know any local sporting good store that does'nt carry NRA targets. I've been cruising the Airguns Express site the last week lookn for a blem gun or a demo cheap. I'll have to look over some more specs before i let ya know my choice for the standard gun. Sorry for the long post. Anyone else with input?
Old 10-27-2003, 07:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
I've got a paint ball gun. Can I join?

Or does the standard .22 LR qualify? It isnt much bigger than a pellit
Old 10-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Breck SVX

This is slightly off topic but thought i was interesting nevertheless. Last year I was visiting my grandma in Manchester VT. The Orvis headquarters is there as well as their 'flagship' store. I was walking around checking out some of the guns, they ranged between $800-4000...then there was one on the end, $24,000! Thats like 100,000 gum balls, a WRX, lots of traveling, or a downpayment on a house. If i was a deer i'd be honored to be shot with that gun.

-Alex
Old 10-28-2003, 06:09 PM
ww111

Enough Talk!!!

Let's walk.
Do the preliminary set of rules / concepts look OK? I think including building targets It'll be a $150 investment. I've been shooting small metal targets in the garage for a couple of months and EVERYONE MUST USE SAFETY GLASSES!!!
(I hope that's clear)

I'll get out my practical shooting rule book and adapt it to shooting a pellet gun in a small area. I'd like to score an event by the 1st of December. It may be a modified slow fire type shoot but it will get everyone acclimated to the format. and we can make changes as necessary.

The URL will be www.actionairgun.com
(no it's not up yet and if someone wants to help they're welcome!) Same format as here. with some forums that will include the "meets", scoring, tips and so on.

Also, One serious question for a moderator...
Until I have the other site going is it kosher to keep this thread going here??? And lastly... Who's IN!

My e-mail is ww111@yahoo.com. Fire at will.

Collins
Old 10-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Shot king

Who else is in just outa curiosity?
Old 10-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Superbeast

Just what exactly are we talking about here? Shooting pellet guns in our basements? What is action shooting as opposed to the other kind of shooting? How big are these targets? As a referance the last time I shot a real gun (9mm Glock) there were like 6 or so metal targets spread out so many inches apart and the object was to move across the line and back as quikly as possible. I nailed everyone pretty fast despite having not shot another gun in 8years (a 9mm Beretta and 10mm ?). I think I'm a natural Anyway is that anything like the kind of set up we're talking about. I already have a knife throwing range in my basement that could easily accomodate a pellet gun range so I may be in.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Shot king

Thumbs up

Sounds like you got everything ya need SubaFreak. So as the zombies say "JOIN US".