Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Cheif Dish & Bottle Washer

Registered SVX
new member introduction

HOWDY Ya'll,

Just a few words to introduce myself. I have owned my '92 SVX for almost a year now and have been lurking around this Network for almost as long.
I am usually what you would call a "LONER" and rarely engage in group activities, but I have often been tempted to comment in various threads. However, I have been held back by not being registered (which was probably for the best anyway); but I have truely enjoyed the many aspects offered at this site and keep coming back for more. The terrific Tech Support, How-To's, photo lockers, info/tips, conversations, and comraderie makes this one my favorite sites to visit.
I have frequently made use of the hard to find info on our rare cars for regular maintenance and upgrades (Tranny cooler mod, Alternator upgrade, Power Steering O-Ring fix) as well as major repairs (Frnt Axle/CV-joints, Brake calipers/pads, Wheel bearings, and soon a slipping tranny).
None of the garages here in Paris, TX have worked on Subarus or even heard of the SVX, so I'm forced to perform these labours of love myself. I would have been intimidated by some of this had it not been for the good HOW-To's posted by the knowledgable members here. I now look forward to converting my slipping auto tranny for the popular 5 speed manual gearbox. (THANKS Huck and others for the clear and encouraging instructions and photos).
I don't usually write long letters, and this is more than I have written in quite a while, but I felt compelled to thank the regular contributers (Ardubjay, Ensteele, Huck369, wawazat, Lee, Elninoalex, GreenMarine, Green1995SVX, and others) as well as all the other members who contribute when and whatever they can to the spirit of unity this great car inspires.
I can now and will be contributing my 2 cents worth in the future in hopes of assisting others and becomeing better acqainted with a great group of folks.
Sincerely,
Txcessvx