Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM

Registered SVX
To LSL or not to LSL that is the question..

Ok some of you probably have seen me lurking around the for sale section..a little about me.

I'm dealing with an illness which I think is caused by food intolerance (embarassing but true) so i'm hardly working and doing this trial by error diet as the doctor ordered and having *some* sucess, and to pay off the medical debt I just got the parents to buy my miata 99' (lowered it to blue book..hopefully they'll keep good care of it, my dad always wanted a convertable, I was hoping to sell it to someone else so I wouldn't have to play musical chairs with cars here or watch the parents destroy it but the market for cars selling wise.....sucks.)

Anyway to my question... so I'm looking at a few SVX's around the country online...willing to fly there and drive one back, always wanted one since they came out in the 90's, I'm A HUUUUGE FAN OF THE CAR, such great design and styling...looking for clean, low mileage..good condition, and once I start working and feeling better i'll buy one (hence i'm looking now) but I have a question.

I know the 92 Svx LSL (touring package) has a variable electronic controlled rack and pinion deal that the LS does not have..also the LSL has power seat/leather/6 speakers instead of 4..heated mirrors..

I like the pearl white with black top a LOT..but sadly the one i'm looking at is a 92' LS model with cloth seats/4 speaker set up and no cd player..everything else is great and I can live without heated mirrors (was thinking down the road i'd maybe get those JMD folding ones). Would I be missing out a lot on that electronic controlled steering function? Is it work looking out for? Or holding out buying one for?? Does it make a huuge difference in handling? I'm not looking to race this car, just a good handling day driver (I don't drive very much) Any LS 92 owners wishing they had it?

The LSL model i'm looking at doesn't have a rear wing, and i'll probably get a OEM one if I get that one...but it's slightly more expensive of course than the LS. Wonder how hard that is to install..

IF I got the pearl white, how hard would it be to install those tweeters in the corners? Are they prewired? I guess the biggest question is, is that steering assist option that comes with 92' touring package worth wanting? Can you really tell a difference?

Ok that's my million questions in one post (sorry) but new user here and thanks for the informative site! *bows* I've got 3 in my sights and I was watching a few others (bountiful utah/vancover washington but of course they sell before I get feeling better) but just wondred if anyone could chime in about the electronic steering option on those cars. Worth getting?