IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2004, 01:52 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Post Message for Silverspear and others like him...

Hey, I held strong belief in the ride you have, or a definite possibility to say the most and a couple others shares that as well.

It is just, this is the internet. For a greater portion for us, at least people from western countries we look at the advantages of the internet as not only a tool for worldwide communication, but to also have that ability with anonymity. With the advantages of that also come many consequences. One example is saying anything you want usually without the thought of someone physically hurting you, and the ability to post anything you want without backing it up. The worst you usually get is banned from the forum or chatroom, or possibly even service you are on. This is even more possible and consequence free with the fact that most mediums on the internet you can sign up for free of charge. There have been plenty of examples of this in forums and chatrooms, at least western based (or culturally based ones).

So do not be surprised to face a wall of criticism and disbelief when posting about something you have. It is simply a cynical reflex mechanism against any potential people who do indeed take advantage of the anonymity the internet has to offer. And I do not mean from a particular experience on this forum but ones from other they have went on in their lifetime as well.

I know there is a barrier on the internet with few eastern people posting and chatting on western message boards and chatrooms, not to mention even fewer westerns doing the same for eastern. I do not know how Middle Eastern web users behave in all of this.

"Why can't we be friends."