Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Damn, I'm jealous. I should really install mine one of these days.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:11 PM

Re: ECUtune Stage II reviews

Installed my stage one today,there really is a midrange punch,now after putting about 40 miles on the new chip,I let the car sit for about 3hrs now it won't start it just turns over like it out of gas.I will check the gas line going to fuel filter.Help
Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 PM

After testing here an there.no fuel was going to the fuel filter so I moved on to check the voltage,I got battery voltage at the pump,so I feel my 15 year pump is gone to fuel pump heaven.I recently purchased walbro pump so I'll get around to replacing after I get a few responses to see if everyone come to the same conclusion.I feel the stage one added more hp which needed more fuel and my 15 year old pump couldn't put out anymore psi.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

hmmm, your check engine light does still come on when you turn the ignition key on right?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 PM

Here's something else to think about,if my pump was on its way out,I may see a little more power with the new pump.This is the way I tested my chip after the painful install,I only got one nut on and tighten down the ecu.My friend Robert has a 96 Chevy Impala SS,he run 14.6 at 95mph,we ran from a roll of 60mph to 110 and he would always beat me by almost a full car,well proof that the chip works,Robert manually puts his Chevy in second gear I floor my svx and it goes back to second.The SS is standing still and my svx has half a car by 80 by 110 its two cars.Robert drove my car and it was worse because I'm 230 and he's 160,we both were pretty impressed with the midrange and topend power.Can't wait to replace the pump now.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 PM

Everything worked great during testing,like I posted earlier it looks like the pump was gone.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

This raises a question I've been having since I upgraded:

What other mods are most beneficial to add to the 2V7f chip? My car is mostly stock aside from a filthy K&N that's probably doing more harm than good and the new injectors etc. So consider this a clean slate. Should a higher capacity fuel pump, new pressure regulator get bumped to the top of my to-do list in order to provide for the large injectors? How about a TomSVX intake? I know a lot can be gained from exhaust setups, but right now that end is stock while the intake is lightly upgraded. So does my exhaust need to catch up? I'm leaving engine upgrades (expensive) for the time when they are needed, so there's really only 3 categories that can add power: Air, Fuel, and Exhaust. Which one of these is the weak point, or can get the most out of my chip?
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 PM

How old is your pump and how hard you feel that you've been on it.Either way it has to be my fuel pump,15 years old,260,000 miles,lot of nitrous use in the past.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:31 PM

Also since I do have battery voltage at the pump,wouldn't that clear the resistor and modulator that I read could cause pump related issues.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:06 PM

I got home from work today and was getting prepared to replace my fuel pump,again I checked the voltage at the connector that was good,I cleaned the pump connector and the harness itself with contact cleaner so everything is nice and clean for the new pump.Well to be sure I plugged in the connector and tried to start the car,my god it started and ran fine,I took the svx for a spin feels fine stronger than normal.My wife still says sell it,no way but I will clean every connector on the car now with contact cleaner.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Just some dude.

good deal..now that your ecu and tcu are loose do you feel like opening up the tcu and taking some pictures for me?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post

What other mods are most beneficial to add to the 2V7f chip? My car is mostly stock aside from a filthy K&N that's probably doing more harm than good and the new injectors etc. So consider this a clean slate. Should a higher capacity fuel pump, new pressure regulator get bumped to the top of my to-do list in order to provide for the large injectors? How about a TomSVX intake? I know a lot can be gained from exhaust setups, but right now that end is stock while the intake is lightly upgraded. So does my exhaust need to catch up? I'm leaving engine upgrades (expensive) for the time when they are needed, so there's really only 3 categories that can add power: Air, Fuel, and Exhaust. Which one of these is the weak point, or can get the most out of my chip?
The Tomyx intake seems to be a solid improvement in the upper end on mine. Along with exhaust, stage 2, and the quickshift I am very happy. I've done nothing with fuel pump or the fpr.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Just some dude.

The next things I would suggest are...

an aftermarket atf cooler installed instead of the oe atf cooler
Have me rework your valve body
an ecutune tcu

the aftermarket atf cooler is necessary to make sure your transmisison doesn't say bye bye.

the reworked valve body will also help keep your transmission working and will make the car much faster by way of faster shifts

The ecutune tcu will make the car more fun to drive and get you better city fuel economy.

This route will net you bigger gains than trying to get more out of the engine and will greatly extend the life of your car while you are at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post

Old 05-07-2009, 03:36 AM

Yeah I will take my tcu out and get some pic friday since I'm off and will be giving the svx a good all over connector cleaning.I'll give the new chip a few days of learning before i replace the pump since I already had a new one sitting around.Off to work its 5:30 here in NC.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Just some dude.

thanks,
the aggressive version you have doesn't rely on the learning so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2 View Post
Yeah I will take my tcu out and get some pic friday since I'm off and will be giving the svx a good all over connector cleaning.I'll give the new chip a few days of learning before i replace the pump since I already had a new one sitting around.Off to work its 5:30 here in NC.