Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 11:00 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Fuel Pump Hazard!!!

Warning, A thought occurred to me today. The hear shrink tubing that I used for splicing the in tank wires, Poly Vinyl is unstable when immersed in gasoline .
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot

The manufacturing rep said their coated conectors "should be OK" but did not say what they were made out of.
What I'll do now is remove the pump again, and replace the spliced wire with a fresh un-spliced wire, somehow . I might have to crimp a new wire in the old clip connectors. Sorry, more later. Tom
Old 10-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
We got the intake back now about half done. The top wrapper is welded in place and the mounting flange for the supercharger is tacked into place. We are stopping here on the fabrication of the manifold so that we can bolt the supercharger up to it and see EXACTLY how much vertical clearance we have and EXACTLY how far forward/backward to mount the supercharger so that the pulley lines up propperly. This will allow us to precut the mounting flange before it is assembled into the manifold, maximize the volume of the cavity the blower is blowing into and the opening size into the left and right sections, and make and use the same jig for the prototype that will be used on the production run.

The welds will of course be pollished out after construction is complete.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Just some dude.

We've acquired our set of Nismo 740cc injectors which have become annoyingly difficult to source recently. We also have the new harness connectors necessary to replace the subaru plugs with in order to fit the Nismo injectors. We can't put them in and adjust the constant yet though because we have a defective wideband meter which we need to get replaced first.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Damn, 740cc. Thats a lot. What happened to the 555cc injectors? Not big enough?
Old 10-01-2004, 04:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
oh god i have to go change my pants ..........this is great!!!! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to order my stage III

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 10-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I know it's probably just the perspective but the intake looks wider now. It also looks like a large 6 legged spider
Old 10-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by longassname
We've acquired our set of Nismo 740cc injectors which have become annoyingly difficult to source recently. We also have the new harness connectors necessary to replace the subaru plugs with in order to fit the Nismo injectors. We can't put them in and adjust the constant yet though because we have a defective wideband meter which we need to get replaced first.

Are these the injectors that go in the Q45 or have you discovered another injector that will bolt into the SVX's fuel rail?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

Quote:
Originally posted by longassname
We've acquired our set of Nismo 740cc injectors ....
Go NISSAN!!!! hehehe

Sorry, I'm a Nissan junky at heart.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:01 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
That is a VERY nice looking manifold Michael.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Jimsbaby

hmmm power

ok new idea to get more $$ for this project sell tickets to sleep near the car while getting worked on...1. more money coming in is always good...2. who else would protect the svx better then a fellow svx that wants to have that much power...3. i want to be first to sleep near it so i can be first to hear this baby scream and purr hmmm power (homer simpson voice)

Keep up the GREAT work man its coming along alot faster than i would have though

PS glad i got that second job now jimmys getting a new svx toy

Jim
Old 10-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
Re: hmmm power

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimsbaby
ok new idea to get more $$ for this project sell tickets to sleep near the car while getting worked on...1. more money coming in is always good...2. who else would protect the svx better then a fellow svx that wants to have that much power...3. i want to be first to sleep near it so i can be first to hear this baby scream and purr hmmm power (homer simpson voice)

Keep up the GREAT work man its coming along alot faster than i would have though

PS glad i got that second job now jimmys getting a new svx toy

Jim
hehehe... on your way down, I'll meet up with ya in Jax, Fl... and we can both go down... however, im an svxosexual... I mite get
excited hearing that much power LOL

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 10-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Just some dude.

We got the wide band o2 meter functioning today. This allowed us to hook up the emulator to the ecu and verify our ability to adjust the constant used to calculate the base fuel injection quantity. This is the constant that we adjust to match the size of the fuel injectors. As usual our understanding of the sofware and calculations based on it were dead on. Actual measurements with the wideband 02 meter of effects on afr due to adjustments to the constant verify that the constant and it's mathmatical properties were correctly identified. With this verfied we can go ahead and make the sofware adjustments for the 740cc injectors and install them.

This by the way is the biggie. Lest it escape anyone's attention, today the last step necessary to unleash major horsepower from the svx was taken. The rest is just engine building, forced injection, the usual stuff the performance industry excells at. So drop the ballons and crank up the music the SVX is now officially in the same league as the skyline....if you build it we can tune it.

Last edited by longassname; 10-02-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Are these the injectors that go in the Q45 or have you discovered another injector that will bolt into the SVX's fuel rail?
-Bill
The stock SVX fuel injectors flow 275cc/min. Stock Q45 fuel injectors flow 370cc. If my memory serves me correctly, the 300ZX TT injectors flow ~550cc.

Those Nismo 740cc injectors are an upgrade to Skyline R32 owners. I think that model came from the factory with similar injectors to the 300ZX TT.

Now from here things get fuzzy - I don't think the 740cc injectors were factory stock on the Skyline R33 & R34, but some specialized versions may have had them e.g. R34 V-Spec II Nur.

Either way, Nismo 740cc injectors are worth their weight in gold to Skyline R32 owners...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd

The stock SVX fuel injectors flow 275cc/min. Stock Q45 fuel injectors flow 370cc. If my memory serves me correctly, the 300ZX TT injectors flow ~550cc.

Those Nismo 740cc injectors are an upgrade to Skyline R32 owners. I think that model came from the factory with similar injectors to the 300ZX TT.

Now from here things get fuzzy - I don't think the 740cc injectors were factory stock on the Skyline R33 & R34, but some specialized versions may have had them e.g. R34 V-Spec II Nur.

Either way, Nismo 740cc injectors are worth their weight in gold to Skyline R32 owners...

-Chike
Chike,
Good info! Guess I've still got the question of how Skyline injectors are going to fit in the SVX's fuelrail....which gets me to thinking that perhaps Michael and Co. are going to plumb in an entirely new fuel rail
-Bill (looking to buy a seat in the stands when this beast does its first run down the 1/4 mile!)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Guess I've still got the question of how Skyline injectors are going to fit in the SVX's fuelrail....which gets me to thinking that perhaps Michael and Co. are going to plumb in an entirely new fuel rail
Good point Bill.

I know 300ZX TT injectors are the largest I've ever heard which can fit in the factory SVX fuel rail. Since I used to own a '90 300ZX TT, I know that inorder to run HKS 720cc injectors, an upgraded fuel rail was needed - however, this upgraded fuel rail wasn't needed for the '95-'96 TT models (only '90 - '94).

My guess is that the fuel rail will need to be upgraded, but my knowledge of the SVX is not the greatest...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)