Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Out Driving and Revieiwing

Registered SVX
New 1997 SVX Owner from up North

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike and I am from Oakville, Ontario Canada (Just outside Toronto). I just picked up a 1997 Subaru SVX LSi last week. It is black and in great shape. Interior has hardly an imperfection and the exterior has very little rust on it. Car has (123,000km) (76,000 mi) on it and runs great.

My previous vehicle was a 2010 Subaru WRX Limited which I jumped out of my lease from since I rarely drove it. I am an automotive journalist up here in Canada and am in a different car every week so the WRX was driven once a week at most.

The SVX will also be parked most days at various manufacturers head offices but that should help keep the mileage low, right

Anyway, I am heavily involved in charity road rallies and am the owner of www.rallynorthamerica.com. Basically 80 cars drive for 3 days through historic parts of the US on a sort of scavenger hunt all for charity
(and partying and to make new friends) Last year we did Rally Appalachia through Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive

And two years ago it was Route 66

I caught the road rally bug after attending the start line for a Bullrun event 3 years ago in my RX-8 and a group of friends and I thought "Hey, we could do one of these for the average Joe and safely" So we did.