Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: CAI Feeler

this is not the final product it was just to figure out where we want the bends etc and to show the cnc bender operator what to spit out that will not actually go on an SVX it's just a "Demo" version or a prototype persay
Old 02-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

The first actual prototype will be produced by my bender and be test fitted back onto the SVX and I'll add pictures of that and if everything goes right the first time they will start spitting them out, and those who have already paid will finally get theirs.

Others will be able to see the dyno numbers and everyone who prepaid's impressions of how easy it is to install and what kind of difference they felt driving the vehicle.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 AM

Registered SVX

How's everything going with this project? I just saw it, and I'm interested in a full air intake system if you've gotten them into production.

And how bout pics of one installed?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 AM

Registered SVX

I'm glad I didn't jump on the wagon for one of these 6 months ago...

On a side note, are these ever going to be done and benched?
I still have interest, but with so much vaporware for the SVX...
I wont get my hopes up until I see some production units out among the forum.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

had some set backs with the benders. first company thought they were going to have the cash to get the correct die's for their bender in time, ran into financial issues and wasn't going to be able to help us out. We got referred to a second bender, however they are being a pain in the butt about how difficult it is for the SVX intakes. I am waiting on them to make a final decision and go ahead and start making them.

They have been designed and figured out, just waiting on full production ones to get made. I've already waved the money in the benders faces saying that I was committed, their main concern is the amount of work involved and whether it'd be worth their time or not. I have assured them the interest and am doing my best to push them to get it done. This will happen whether I get someone with a CNC bender to do it or not. Worst comes to worst they will have to be hand fabed and I'll get a few pieces bent for me to make it as clean as possible.

First one getting made is gonna cost me a pretty penny and will probably be absolutely no mark up on it I may even have to bite the bullet on some of it just so that I can get the ball rolling. I'm sorry this is taking a bit guys! I know it's tough with our community and people lack of motivation to help us. but rest assured I'll make it happen and it'll be a quality product with good numbers.

My dyno guy is even gettin on me wonderin why we haven't gotten them in to run the car yet. I have the filters and stuff already I'm just waiting for the damn CNC benders! They will be worth the wait!

On another note though, while working this project I've talked with a few benders,fabbers etc. about potentially getting some suspension parts made and they are all for it, so I'm gonna be getting a few things made soon suspension wise as well so once **** starts rolling it'll blow up! I'm really excited about these products and once again I'm sincerely sorry about the wait, I honestly wanted them done and out by xmas but it's really been out of my hands. I'll update with more pictures etc soon.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

John, Why didn't you just do like YT did and fab them yourself? Or even, I think it was Nevin who did one on his own after YT came out with his, but ask him for advice/help? The 2nd to do it wasn't pretty but pretty sure it had the same (at least better than stock) affect than the stock setup... Just saying, Outsourcing costs more money which means, less money that you could be making.

Hopefully you don't take offense to this, just constructive criticism. With some pipe and some welding, you aren't relying on anyone else, and you get the profits instead of most of the (profit) going elsewhere to a company/fabber who could give 2 sh!ts about the SVX....
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

reason for doing it the way we did was because we wanted every product to be identical production quality so that we could stand by a guaranty of how well it was going to do on the customers car whether it be the first intake or the 100th you know you're getting the exact same product that joe schmucatellii got when he bought the first one.

Also we wanted it to look like a professional product instead of a diy. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a DIY product, however we want all of our intakes to look like they were made by a company such as AEM etc who does it for their livelyhood. And once the first one or two are made profits will be better it's just conning the asshole with the tool to use it
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX

*willing to wait for the nice-looking product*

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

updated the original post. but with some talking today with the guy he decided he will give it a try. So we have to get in the material for him to bend and then we should be good to go. I'll update more soon!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Ok so here's the update, trying to source some good bendable aluminum in the size we're looking for, bender said he'll go for it, but we've been having issues finding the material he needs. Most of the stuff we've found is too hard for the tight bends we need. I'll update more soon.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:12 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

Since you're having trouble finding a suitable material, what about substituting the tight AL bends with some custom angled silicone elbows from these folks?

http://www.hosetechniques.com/
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

The idea has been talked about already, we're gonna see if we can get it set up the way we'd like, but yes that is the plan B. Thanks for the link.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Banned

Registered SVX

FOUND A SUPPLIER FOR WHAT WE NEED! I can't believe how hard it was to find someone who would supply the materials we need for these bends! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully the aluminum will be here soon and they will be done, boxed and out the door!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
You should just get a stage I instead
what does stage I consist of? What does it do?
Old 04-07-2011, 02:24 PM

Registered SVX

Dont forget, before you box and ship, you still have to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
for the doubters there will be dyno results etc for comparison between the following:
OEM intake system on a stock SVX
Motorsport Stage III CAI (with green filter) on a stock vehicle
Motorsport Stage III CAI on a modified SVX with hydra
TruSpeed Stage I on a stock vehicle
TruSpeed Stage I on a modified SVX with hydra
TruSpeed Stage II on a stock SVX
TruSpeed Stage III on a modified SVX with hydra (hydra is required for stageIII)
I also would like to see some A/F number to show just how lean this will run on stock fuel system.

Don't mind me, I'm always pessimistic and skeptical.
It is absolutely nothing personal against you.

I do hope to see worthwhile numbers so I too can pick up one of these up someday.
Closed Thread