Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2008, 11:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Re: Stebro sound clip?

Nomad and co., does the stebro setup come with gaskets, or do we have to purchase oem gaskets?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:29 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I know i'm months behind schedule but , i need 500$ more to get the front part ... The overal sound a so changed since my last post , maybe the ecu is learning something new .... the sound is very nice from start to 7400 rpm now ! I took some sound sample with a digital camera, it sounds crapy so ... didnt posted that ...
Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

I Bought a TCU from LAN ... so , still need 500$ for the rest of the Stebro exhaust ...
Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 PM

Registered SVX

a friend came over the other day and he had one on his svx, man it sounded sweet! where do you buy them?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

There's the link :

http://www.stebro.net/html/Default.aspx?PageMenuID=1350

And you can order the 2 front pieces ( 2 x free flow precats with tubing , resonator ) for about 1500$ more so around 3000$ , it costed me 3600$ can ...
Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

I figured I would bump this because I've got a short recording that is higher quality.

But I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to get a better recording (move the microphone around and see if I can get a better sound). The one tomorrow will be longer aswell.

I found a place that will host .wav files:

http://www.toofiles.com/en/oip/audios/wav/stebro.html

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company

Last edited by odepaj; 07-03-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
I figured I would bump this because I've got a short recording that is higher quality.

But I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to get a better recording (move the microphone around and see if I can get a better sound). The one tomorrow will be longer aswell.

I found a place that will host .wav files:

http://www.toofiles.com/en/oip/audios/wav/stebro.html

Dustin
You can always host on 4shared and 2shared for the future..

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:34 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

Earthworm's system
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Stebro sounds AMAZING. That YouTube vid from Reading X really impressed me.

But wow, is it expensive. I had Magnaflow mufflers added to Megan Racing CBE pipework for my Legacy GT, and that was less than $1000, with labor... although I would have paid a little more for labor, since 3 of the 4 muffler hangers have snapped their welds off, and come unattached. I still have one to have re-welded yet.

3400$ is quite a chunk of change for an exhaust system, especially not a true-dual.

I have been mulling over an idea for an SVX exhaust system, and I'll bet it could be fabbed for less than that...

Stock manifolds feeding two 2" in-out resonators in place of pre-cats, 45-degree bend, two high flow metal catalysts, then a 45-degree bend into the main run under the driveshaft. Maybe some sort of an X-pipe where the pipes come together at the neck of the transmission tunnel, to house an after-cat 02 sensor, although I have read that SVX doesn't really need a dual exhaust to have a balance pipe, due to it's double-3, balanced firing order.

I would then continue side-by-side dual pipes, with either two more independent resonators, or a common double-pass straight-through resonator/muffler, ahead of the rear differential. Pipework would be kept to about 2-2.25 inches, to maintain exhaust gas velocity, and ground clearance.

Two pipes then go around the rear diff, and splay wide toward the exits in the rear bumper, for the interesting part.

A y-pipe diverter on each side. the diverted pipe bends around, into a chambered muffler between the two exhaust outlets. (not sure if it would be one big chambered muffler, with an inlet and outlet per side, or two same-side inlet and outlet mufflers, back to back, with their blank ends face to face in the center... The outlet of each side muffler would bend into the exhaust outlet through the bumper.

The other, straight section of the Y-pipe diverter would have a butterfly (throttle-style) exhaust valve, very close to the Y-split, and after the valve, would dump directly to the exhaust outlet, through the bumper. (making the second of a pair of round outlets per side). The valve would be set to a switch with three positions, being closed, auto, and open. Auto would divert control of the exhaust valves to be tied to the IRIS intake manifold valve, or throttle position, or something to open the exhaust under high engine load.

Then, the appearance of the tips through the back bumper would be two round tips per side, bent in such a way to come through the bumper cutouts, but then bent so that the tip doesn't angle down, but stays inline with the rear bumper cover, horizontal, or maybe even a degree or two upturned. The two round tips would be brace-welded together, and wrapped inside a single oval stainless finisher, to give it the appearance of one oval tip per side, bigger than, but aesthetically similar to stock.

At idle, cruise, low engine load, or otherwise switched to "closed", the exhaust would be nearly stock quiet, with three flow-through-resonators, AND a chambered rear muffler, but opened up, either by engine demand, or by being switched open manually, the chambered muffler would be essentially by-passed, making the exhaust system an open true-dual exhaust system, with only the resonators to tune out droning.

The only further improvement, would be to add custom tuned-length long-primary, equal length headers to the system with catalysts at or after the collectors, before the pipes come together at the neck of the transmission tunnel.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 07-03-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:03 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

The interresting thing to do , would be to dyno the 2 setup ( mine and yours ) to know if there's a difference. I like real numbers ! I'll have the other part in a really near future !
Old 02-03-2010, 02:38 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Hi everyone, I finally paid the whole kit. I'm waiting for the rest of the kit in a near future. I had to swap my engine in september ( i got a broken cam... anyone wants it ?? lool ) So i'll post a sound clip as soon as it's installed !
Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Stebro just told mw that my front pipes will be done in 4 days... I'm buying a camera only for that ! ( ok i got a son that will have 2 years old in june too... ) I've seen the thread a lot and just to correct one thing, the whole kit including our rebate is around 2,800$. So, i'm about 1 week from installing it !
Old 05-19-2010, 12:10 PM

Registered SVX

We like our Stebro, you will too
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Well, now they are telling me that i should have my front pipes on the:
06-16-2010. Its the 3rd date that they are telling me that i will receive it....
Old 06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Well, now they are telling me that i should have my front pipes on the:
06-16-2010. Its the 3rd date that they are telling me that i will receive it....
Very typical Stebro. That is the worst thing about them and I can't figure out why. Everytime we have bought from them, it has been the same.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE