Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2008, 09:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Kinda Humerous

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220247192852

I looked this up on Ebay. It just kinda makes me wonder if the scratches, and the dents happen to be from Alligators swimming by, or tree branches floating past.
It's kinda like right out of the Carfax commercial. Something like "some spill damage to the interior".
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 06-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Awitha Cheese-ahhh!

Send a message via AIM to greggbzz
Re: Kinda Humerous

Flood cars are not funny. Well they are kind of funny, but not if you bought it.

I had a friend with a buick century, really nice condition or so he thought.

About 2 months into ownership, after 35MPH the 4 way flashers came on (?!?!) the AT did all kinds of weird stuff seemingly related to the computer. The check engine light periodically went on and off, and the car would randomly stall. Also, it had a habit for blowing the random fuse.

After a while it just would not start, it would turn over. Different idiot lights would come on, but god knows what signals the fuel injection and ignition were getting.

Removing the trunk liner revealed a faint water line.

I think the electrics, particularly the integrated circuits, finally grew enough corrosion to make things real interesting.

Ther're like a box of chocolates.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggbzz View Post
Flood cars are not funny. Well they are kind of funny, but not if you bought it.

I had a friend with a buick century, really nice condition or so he thought.

About 2 months into ownership, after 35MPH the 4 way flashers came on (?!?!) the AT did all kinds of weird stuff seemingly related to the computer. The check engine light periodically went on and off, and the car would randomly stall. Also, it had a habit for blowing the random fuse.

After a while it just would not start, it would turn over. Different idiot lights would come on, but god knows what signals the fuel injection and ignition were getting.

Removing the trunk liner revealed a faint water line.

I think the electrics, particularly the integrated circuits, finally grew enough corrosion to make things real interesting.

Ther're like a box of chocolates.
Your right, thier not funny. But I'm a big SNL fan from the "Not Ready for Prime Time" days, and the idea of that commercial just gets me everytime.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 06-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Did you take a nice look at the engine bay ? Missing some pieces huh? Also thinking of a Flood car look at the engine bay

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 06-19-2008, 09:26 PM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy

But 1997, It needs a second chance. The power steering reservoir madly out of place. It really does get you thinking.
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-19-2008, 09:31 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy View Post
But 1997, It needs a second chance. The power steering reservoir madly out of place. It really does get you thinking.
No doubt. I never even looked really, since I figured if it came from there, then there's just no way you know anything for sure about the car.

What happened to the Timing Covers, and the Belt?
Maybe tried to part it out before deciding to sell it outright?
More fuel for the thought of not going near this one, unless you happen to live within 50 miles or so.

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles