Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 08-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Drag racing and alternator questions

Since no one seems willing to sell us their NOS for a weekend we're gonna need to get our 14.7 1/4 up a bit for $2006. Only thing I can think is to suck the gas dry (sucks as we have the autox first and the tail happy car likes to have a full tank or else it is 2x as tail happy). Weight isn't gonna change so that's out. Will probably run it on 225/50s rather than our 275/50s for a better gearing. Here's what I'm thinking. Charge up the battery fully and then take off the accesory belt so we'll have no ps or alt taking up those 5 horses. I'm guessing we'll probably get 3-5 chances for the 1/4 and can charge the battery when it goes back to the pits in between I'm assuming. Should hold plenty of juice right as the only thing we'd be running would be the direct wired fans and computers.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I've driven for well over an hour with no alternator. Battery = 875CCA.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Should hold plenty of juice right as the only thing we'd be running would be the direct wired fans and computers.
And injectors... and the coil packs... and the random solenoids that really don't do anything under the manifold... and..... the list goes on. But for the 45 seconds it will take to make the run and hit the return road, you will be fine. Trust me, if I still had it, I would lend you that kit in a hot minute to see the racer turns 12's

Tom
Old 08-31-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
And injectors... and the coil packs... and the random solenoids that really don't do anything under the manifold... and..... the list goes on. But for the 45 seconds it will take to make the run and hit the return road, you will be fine. Trust me, if I still had it, I would lend you that kit in a hot minute to see the racer turns 12's

Tom
Yeah, who bought it? Think they'd "sell" it for a weekend? I'm not so much worried about the runs, more so the grid, etc.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Maniac modifier

ImmortalSuby bought it from me. Never heard that he ran it but he bought it... You need the stage 2 software and the Z32 MAF to work with it. Contact Subafreak, he has the OLD stage 2 which was meant specifically for the nitrous kit and worked with the stock MAF

Tom
Old 08-31-2006, 04:18 PM

PMs sent to those boys. We'll see what we can come up with. As of last year if we run a 14.7 we'd be top 15 in the drag.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Sorry dudes, but you'll have to pry my cold dead hands from that nitrous kit
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Ben,
You only have to do 1 or 2 runs, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1lb-N...QQcmdZViewItem

and it's in PA!!

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-31-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Ben,
You only have to do 1 or 2 runs, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1lb-N...QQcmdZViewItem

and it's in PA!!

-Bill

Only needs to be used on one run! Since Matt's an A$$ and won't lend us his. It looks promising. Okay, will that work for us? NEED TO KNOW NOW as it ends very very soon! What else would we need?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Only needs to be used on one run! Since Matt's an A$$ and won't lend us his. It looks promising. Okay, will that work for us? NEED TO KNOW NOW as it ends very very soon! What else would we need?
Ben,
A quick read leads me to believe it has everything you'll need. With a dry system like this all you really need is a micro switch to close the solenoid circuit (tap 12V off the battery), causing the solenoid to open and letting the NO2 flow. Now, you can have the microswitch on the throttle linkage or you can put it on the shifter knob or steering wheel....
Of course I only know this from looking at Young Tom's set up
-Bill
p.s. check the rules to see if you'll need to have a vent tube that extends outside of the car in case the burst disc goes....

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Maniac modifier

It'll work. A nice 50 or 75 dry shot will do nicely

Tom