Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-06-2006, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
The geo that got away...

I don't know if any one watches the Geo Metros on ebay but because of skyrocketing gas prices these things are going for OUTRAGOUS prices... just take a look i was willing to pay 850 for this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4636100513

this price is a common occrence... most of the time they are in worse condition for more money!!!

I love geo metros.. i bought one from my science teacher for 50 bucks.. it ran and worked... well like a geo... cost me more to redgester the thing... insurance was about 160 for 6 months... and it never cost me of 20 bucks to fill the tank (not so sure if that true now) but they are always a fun project because nothing is ever to complex on them.... great way to learn how to do stuff with cars... from brakes to timing belts to steiros to body work to timing belts to coolent flushes to tune ups to timing adjustments... well you get the idea...

does any one have a geo they would sell me?
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 05-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Whoa! $1300 for a 14 year old disposable car. Incredible!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 05-06-2006, 08:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
its all about the gas mileage on these things... no car made today comes close (NOT JOKING) mine got about 50.. hybreds only get about 42 on avrage... the sicker is a lie
Old 05-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
its all about the gas mileage on these things... no car made today comes close (NOT JOKING) mine got about 50.. hybreds only get about 42 on avrage... the sicker is a lie
Thats true. The price for that is amazing... just two years ago I was getting them for $50 in that condition with gas in the tank!

$1300 for a rusted and beat 14 year old car with grease stained interior, a smashed windshield, leaking coolant and oil, exhaust leaks and no way of telling your gas or temp.... woah... it did come with a working speedo! I think the presentation is where he got all his bids. The bidder would spend $700 just for a chance to pass inspection here.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 05-06-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:03 AM
Bipa

How about buying one of the three Justy's listed for sale? Not quite the same gas milage, but I like ours and they are also basic cars, but with AWD

Think of it as the SVX's little brother
Old 05-07-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
How about buying one of the three Justy's listed for sale? Not quite the same gas milage, but I like ours and they are also basic cars, but with AWD

Think of it as the SVX's little brother
there are justys listed for sale???? i have always wanted one with AWD and the CVT they had in them
Old 05-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Bipa

Ah, well... I took a better look at them. One is gone already, one is salvage in Quebec, so there's really only one Justy for sale at the moment in Richmond, IN. Not sure but I doubt it is the ECVT model since the description simply states "manual". Still got over 5 days to bid on this one and ask any questions. Title is "clear". Currently at $100, reserve not met

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...QQcmdZViewItem

Too bad you aren't in Germany. The German Ebay has 11 Justys listed, newest is a 2000 model but reg. manual. Only one is an ECVT. They only made ECVT for the few short years that it was also sold in North America. When they stopped selling in the USA, they discontinued the ECVT model worldwide Ours is a '93 ECVT and rare even here. We're gonna keep it until it falls apart or becomes impossible to pass inspection.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I used to fill the Justy gas tank for $13. Best MPG was 55 (Imp).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: