How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Turbo_SVX_Man

Exclamation Wheel Bearing???

I have a quick question to see if anyone has any ideas.. My car started making this like roaring noise from the front end. It is not a horible noise but doesnt sound like a wheel bearing from experience on other cars. It almost sounds like a tire roar on a big lifted truck. Its most noisy at about 35 to 60mph. Since then i have put 3k on the car and recently put new wheels and tires with no change in the noise. It all startd after i hit a curb in the snowy weather. My whole left side of the car lammed the curb very hard with most of the impact on the front wheel and i have a feeling the problem is a wheel bearing but not sure. That is why i am writing to see if anyone has any other ideas or sugestions. THis impact was a big one which knocked me out on the A-Pillar. I was suprised that the wheel was not ripped off but was only slightly bent(aftermarket wheel) Please let me know of any ideas you may have. Thanks

Jared
Old 01-07-2002, 04:53 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
If it hit hard enough to bend the wheel it may have also bent something else Most likely the alignment is now way off also. Best bet is to get it in for an alignment and check out the noise before it becomes an even bigger problem.

Beav