How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2015, 06:54 AM

Be Forewarned-THMotorsports needs help

Wish I had researched THM's reviews first before ordering (see Yelp site where a dozen plus gave them a "Wish I could give No Stars Review").

Ordered a set of listed Carbotech AX8 pads for the SVX and after 10 days of "where are they" and "I'll check" responses { a minimum of 7 minutes hold time each call and they must use RadioShack headsets, never once had a nongarbled call}, I called Carbotech in NC to be told they don't stock the backing plates for our ft. SVX pads so a special order form with sending in old pad would be needed. In addition they set this email:

"Hello Craig,

I apologize, we have had a continual stream of complaints from TH customers over the last few weeks. I'm not sure what is going on over there, but we d o not deal with them directly. They are NOT a Carbotech dealer, they buy pads from one of our WD's.

I have bad news for you. There is not a order in for those pads, we have never made them "

Customer Service poor..multiple emails never answered, then cancelled order and their "4-5" business days will be credited" policy must not have recovered from St. Patricks Day. Multiple repeat calls.."It should show up tomorrow", "Oops, we didn't cancel it when we said but 5 days later". Finally got done after I disputed the charge with my CC company.

Overall lower prices but they drop ship everything and from prior reviews, never sent Tracking numbers or confirm shipment as their Invoice states they will "within 24 hrs".

I can see how THM's owner per his LinkedIn page has Mark Cuban as his idol !!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:52 AM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX
Re: Be Forewarned-THMotorsports needs help

Not what I was hoping to hear. I was planning on ordering some struts for my WRX from them.

I did speak to their resident "Subaru guy" a few weeks ago and he seemed pretty knowledgeable, but was trying to upsell me to coilovers.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:12 AM

Re: Be Forewarned-THMotorsports needs help

I know they are Subie fans..campaign an STi in Time Attack trials.

Check out their Yelp reviews as mentioned..even call their 1-800-959-0145 number ( I remember from heart !!) and hit #4 for Customer Service and see how long it takes get a person if you're curious ( open at 9am CST). I'd ask where the parts are shipped from and if they can confirm they are in stock assuming you can understand them. I'm pretty sure there are online sites that sell various coilovers directly for near the same price...the few dollars saved from THM isn't worth the aggravation, at least in my case, IMHO.

I don't usually sweat the small stuff but their Customer service was really poor, extended wait times, contradictory answers, promised email updates that never showed up, the monosyllabic answers to questions. My favorite was being put on hold by the Shipping Dept. at 20 minutes before they closed and hearing elevator music until the line disconnected.

Good Luck