Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2010, 06:27 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX LED Taillights

I too am interested, but lack of funds for the project at this time.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

love the idea, looks like a professional job, just way too pricey of a mod for something so... aesthetic and not really anywhere near affordable for me right now.

My list of priorities:

Suspension
Engine Build
Turbo
Better Brakes
Weight Reduction
Aesthetic upgrades

and most aftermarket headlights and tail lights for other cars are around 150-300. 500 for a diy kit that I have to separate my lights to do makes it easier for me to say no.

Perhaps less led's and larger ones to emit the same area would lower the cost and make it more affordable, also offering a core charge to get them back already modded would make it easier for people to make the leap of faith, so MacGyver if apkarian100 just wants to do the boards, if you modded the taillights and shipped them as a unit then perhaps this would be more of a successful mod.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Update

Well it's been a few months now and thought I'd throw in an update.

These have remained on my SVX since the day I installed them, and are still going strong (not that I had any doubt). My daily driver, and lots of different Pacific Northwest weather over the last 3 or 4 months.

I'm still liking the look of them a lot, every time I come up to my car from behind and turn the alarm off I love those two solid red bars flashing BRIGHT, even in daylight.

Never had any issues with law enforcement over this course of time (knock on wood). And again, being in the stock OEM housings and not looking all crazy or homemade, and the SVX being rare and exotic looking, it's probably assumed by most that it's factory spec.

I do get noticeable reactions from tail gaters at night - but that's a good thing! If someone gets too close and I tap the brakes just enough to flash the lights, they back off considerably.

But again, they are not so bright that under normal driving conditions anyone has ever flashed their brights at me from behind or anything.

I'll keep the updates coming as anything develops, and also get more pictures and video from time to time up here.

Anyone ordered a set yet?

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...

Last edited by WestCoastSVX; 05-25-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Update

bump so i dont forget this thread.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 10-25-2010, 11:02 PM

Registered SVX

I don't know if it's too late or whatever, but I am absolutely interested in a set of these lights.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:42 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Sorry for never posting a review or pics, after my accident I sort of forgot about that little tidbit. These lights absolutely kick ass. Very well done, extremely professional work. They were very bright, but not overly so. Also, although one of the lenses got cracked in the accident, not even one of the LEDs stopped working. Only con is price. But if you have some extra dough and care about the looks of the car, I'd say they are worth it. They go a long way toward making it look newer.

I was contemplating selling them to help get me into a new SVX faster, but I think I will save them for the next one instead. Considering that there are only, what, 2 sets in the world so far?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post

I was contemplating selling them to help get me into a new SVX faster, but I think I will save them for the next one instead. Considering that there are only, what, 2 sets in the world so far?
Well, I'd buy them from you if you change your mind.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 PM

Registered SVX

lol, well i got plenty of "cores" for taillights and headlights laying around
Old 10-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

Yeah I'd definitely hold onto those, as right now they are VERY rare!

I haven't seen anyone else able to produce anything close to the quality of these, for any price.

With some of the renewed interest I'm hoping Apkarian is still willing to make a couple more of these.

BTW, going on 9 or 10 months now running the prototypes on my daily driver and still going strong.

Got some video lurking around somewhere that I should probably post up one of these days for the full effect.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 PM

Registered SVX

Are these still being made? is there an option to send the lights to him and he puts them together?
Any fix for the stop lamps warning yet?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
Any fix for the stop lamps warning yet?
Remove the bulb for the stop lamp warning on the dash. Which I've yet to get around to doing. Might be able to fix it by adding resistors to the tail light circuit, but I haven't tried it. Resistors cost money; removing the bulb is free and guaranteed to work.

If you can't get in touch with him, I can send him an email telling him that there's interest again.

Pics of the lights in the album in my sig. I took some more I'll add one of these days.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Remove the bulb for the stop lamp warning on the dash. Which I've yet to get around to doing. Might be able to fix it by adding resistors to the tail light circuit, but I haven't tried it. Resistors cost money; removing the bulb is free and guaranteed to work.

If you can't get in touch with him, I can send him an email telling him that there's interest again.

Pics of the lights in the album in my sig. I took some more I'll add one of these days.
Did you leave the diffusers in? or take out?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 AM

Registered SVX

Diffusers are still there. I think they look more stock that way.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:29 PM

Registered SVX

I have sent him a pm however he has not been on the site since aug. If someone can get ahold of him I would apreciate it.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny

Interesting development. I even have a set of cores I can use. Can't justify it right now, but I'll put it on my list.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*