Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM

SVX LED Taillights

Hi,

I've been asked by a fellow member on this site to take a look at some SVX taillights and see if I could make some full LED taillights using the original taillight housings and lenses.

Just for some background info, my name is Chris, and I make full, custom fitting LED taillight kits for the Acura NSX. The Acura NSX has taillights very similar in shape to the Subaru SVX. Here are some pics on my work:

I can make LED modules for the parking lights, the brake lights, the turn signals, and the reverse lights. All LED modules I make use the best LED available and are fully current and voltage regulated for long life on the vehicle.

I have already gone ahead and taken apart 4 of the 5 parts of the SVX taillight. Here is what I can work with:

This thread is to find out how many people would be interested in a DIY LED taillight kit. This kit would involve some work on your part, to take apart the taillights, using my instructions, and mounting and securing custom LED modules I can make for the Subaru SVX. It might seem intimidating to take apart your own taillights, but as many of you know, the SVX taillights are already starting to separate, and I bet many of you have noticed condensation build in your taillights. With that being said, from my experiences from taking apart many different taillights, the Subaru SVX taillights are some of the easiest to take apart.

Let me know if you guys would be interested in something like this.

A current list of those who are interested:

1. MacGyver
2. Wikedjuggalo
3. **Ewie**
4. STeeL25T
5. SVXMAN2001
6. Sov13t
7. Johnybeas
8. ensteele

Thank You

Last edited by ensteele; 01-14-2010 at 05:08 PM.