How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

longassname I really wasn't trying to spread misinformation. I do feel a 20hp increase at peak (maybe 10+hp average throughout rev band) is quite reasonable. If you are able to center the AFR at 12.9, these 3.3L engines should really start to come alive! However, I realize that no official numbers are out yet, but I'm going off of what other tuners have been able to accomplish with other NA cars.

BTW, have you personally done a baseline dyno test to see what your car is making before remapping the ECU?

If your results are as good as I expect, I'll be one of your first customers. A dealer is cutting me a sweet deal on a '96 SVX L (as it's the end of the month) and I'll be picking her up on Wednesday morning. My lady in red...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 03-30-2004, 03:09 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
your 96 will not be able to have this ecu upgrade, its obdII and as far as i know longassname isn't making obdII chips if i am wrong please repremand me, maybe some spanking too.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Jedi Member

<- had 2 orgasms while reading this thread.

Keep up the hard work gentlemen, I may give you my money.
'01 Legacy Outback, White,
Old 03-30-2004, 06:55 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by FlagstaffSVX
<- had 2 orgasms while reading this thread.

Woah.... That was alittle too much information... I know you're excited, we all are...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-30-2004, 06:57 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by tomssvx
your 96 will not be able to have this ecu upgrade, its obdII and as far as i know longassname isn't making obdII chips if i am wrong please repremand me, maybe some spanking too.
I'm so glad that I got a 95... There's so much that I wouldn't beable to do with a 96 or a 97..

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-30-2004, 07:06 AM

tomssvx I sure hope you're wrong. Maybe I could bribe *cough* longassname to develop a similar chip for the OBDII SVXs...

Old 03-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
tomssvx I sure hope you're wrong. Maybe I could bribe *cough* longassname to develop a similar chip for the OBDII SVXs...
The chip for the OBDI ECU's may or may not work on the OBDII ECU's. After I finish stage I and II I'll order a 97 ecu to check. The changes I'm making are definitely transferable to the 96 and 97 years it's just a question of whether they are stored at the same addresses in memory. If they are stored in the same addresses in memory then the chips I'm making now will work if plugged into a OBDII ECU (96 &97) but you will loose the OBDII functionality (on board diagnostic 2). If they are stored at different addresses in memory then I'll have to transfer the same changes to the different addresses for the OBDII cars.

Either way, after we make some of our money back I'll pull the processor from an OBDII computer to extract the code and do what's necessary to make an OBDII version chip.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Question Dyno Weekend?

Michael,
Is this weekend the one we've all been looking forward to? Will Monday bring dyno plots to make us all send in our hard earned cash?
Thanks.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 03-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Just some dude.

Re: Dyno Weekend?

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Michael,
Is this weekend the one we've all been looking forward to? Will Monday bring dyno plots to make us all send in our hard earned cash?
Thanks.
-Bill
Actually the dyno session will be on a weekday. I'm still waiting on both the engine that i'm pulling the cam sensor off of and the nitrous parts but ya let's all hope they get here already already. I talked to the head of product development for nitrous systems at Edelbrock yesterday and he said he'd make sure it went out and if it didn't he send it out himself. I'll let you guys know when it get's here and take a bunch of pictures of the install and post those to keep us entertained. So you'll know when dyno day is coming.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:05 PM

That's awesome longassname! I would say that I if all I would lose is my OBDII functionality, I may end up being one of your first '96/'97 SVX guinea pigs...

Quote:
Originally posted by longassname

The chip for the OBDI ECU's may or may not work on the OBDII ECU's. After I finish stage I and II I'll order a 97 ecu to check. The changes I'm making are definitely transferable to the 96 and 97 years it's just a question of whether they are stored at the same addresses in memory. If they are stored in the same addresses in memory then the chips I'm making now will work if plugged into a OBDII ECU (96 &97) but you will loose the OBDII functionality (on board diagnostic 2). If they are stored at different addresses in memory then I'll have to transfer the same changes to the different addresses for the OBDII cars.

Either way, after we make some of our money back I'll pull the processor from an OBDII computer to extract the code and do what's necessary to make an OBDII version chip.

Old 03-30-2004, 02:08 PM

Someone needs a spanking!

Quote:

Old 03-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
hey, no one proved me wrong, but i am still up for a spanking
Old 03-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Hater

OBDII here - have money, will await results.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-30-2004, 02:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
hey, no one proved me wrong, but i am still up for a spanking
Oh no... this thread has taken a VERY wrong turn.

Michael, is the nitrous kit going to have the WOT activation switch to be mounted under the accelarator? Were you thinking the stock 4EAT or WRX 5-speed can stand up to an extra 100 hp to the wheels?

Just wondering... although I'm really holding my breath for the supercharger. Any progress there... like with the mounting you were going to start? Just wondering, why did you go with a supercharger instead of turbo? Just easier to mount and run piping? What brand supercharger you using (I take it we'll be able to swap pulleys for more boost if possible down the road, right)?

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 03-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

Oh no... this thread has taken a VERY wrong turn.

Michael, is the nitrous kit going to have the WOT activation switch to be mounted under the accelarator? Were you thinking the stock 4EAT or WRX 5-speed can stand up to an extra 100 hp to the wheels?

Just wondering... although I'm really holding my breath for the supercharger. Any progress there... like with the mounting you were going to start? Just wondering, why did you go with a supercharger instead of turbo? Just easier to mount and run piping? What brand supercharger you using (I take it we'll be able to swap pulleys for more boost if possible down the road, right)?
Yes, you are all a bunch of perverts lol

The mounting of the throttle switch... hmmm, yet to be determined. Right now i'm thinking i'm going to make a bracket on to which the nitrous and fuel solenoids mount along with the throttle switch. This bracket will bolt up to the throttle boddies so that the throttle cable apparatus there activates the throttle switch. This should make for a clean install and require only two wires..one to power and one to send ground signal to the chip. I'm going with a ground triggered system which will take ground directly from the bracket's mounting to the throttle bodies.

I chose to go with a supercharger over a turbo for better performance. It's a roots style blower which will mount directly above the engine in a new upper intake which we will fabricate. The alternator will be relocated. Since the blower is mounted directly on the intake there is no plumbing at all. The kit will compirse mostly of the chip, fuel injectors, intake manifold, blower, alternator bracket, belt. It's the best set up all around. Higher performance and cleaner install. As for running higher boost later..hardare wise the supercharger will be able to do it but the engine will need a serious rebuild first and even before that a stronger transmission will be needed. I'll be building such an engine and will be happy to share the specs when they are of use but there's no rush as there isn't a viable transmission option to handle the hp yet.