Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-08-2003, 10:26 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Long . . . Deep . . . Breath

That's what I've been taking over the past few days. I've needed it. Many of us have needed it. Those of us who do, let's take them, and continue.

Usually, during this time, you'd see a sprited cheerleading barrage from yours truly. Circumstances have been such, as late, that I didn't feel much like cheerleading.

"Rob," you say . . . "that damned ROB!" Wrong. Rob, although I must admit has a tendency to get under my skin like no one else on this "big blue marble," is not at full fault here. He was but a small portion of the catalyst that has given me pause. All who have been irritated, let's take a step back and assess our attitudes and use restraint. I don't think the forums would be better off without Rob. I think he can be a great contributor -- with restraint. I also think I can be a better contributor -- with restraint.

Rob, I extend my hand in a gesture of unity, and promise that, in your exhibiting the right spirit, each and every member here would be willing to give up time, monies and energies -- whatever it takes, to help you in time of crisis or encourage you in times of difficulty. I think I know everyone here well enough to speak for them. No matter your faith, philosophy or situation. Give us a chance to prove it. If you've never experienced having a full force of true friends behind you, here's a chance to experience it. To accept it, is up to you. I'm willing to apologize for anything I've done to provoke the situation . . . eat crow . . . whatever it takes, to convince you of my sincerity. I only ask that you temper your attitude, preview your posts before you post them (with an objective eye) and ask yourself if it's provocative . . . ask if there's "another way this can be said" . . . and, if not, hit delete, instead of submit and re-think the post. I ask for others, when responding, to do the same.

As I said, at the 10th Anniversary Meet, "I thought I bought a car, but, I found a family." It holds true today, and it bothers me when the family is spatting. I could just run away (wouldn't that make some of you happy ), but, I've thought better of it.

Basically, I've been going through some personal crap and, have been somewhat overwhelmed by life (and, occasionally, the lack of it). To find my usual therapeutic sanctuary in disarray made me anxious, because without my "calm island" in the face of the storm, I had nowhere else to go (sure, I lean on my immediate family and other family members -- I could go to a shrink, but, where else can you get so many "shrinks" in one place . . . for free? ). Yes, I use "my" because I have taken the forums as my own, symbollically, since I don't own them. Is it selfish? Perhaps. Nonetheless, I take everything on the forums personally, seriously (sometimes in a "smart ass" sort of way ), and (with apologies) selfishly. I have resigned as moderator, in order to absolve myself of the responsibility of having to take things so seriously and to have to take flack for exerting too much, or, not exerting enough "moderation." Let me warn, however, that it also unfetters me -- leaving me to act more as a "member" and less like a "moderator." So, those who have been critical of my moderation can now watch out (J/K).

Now, with all of that serious (or semi-serious, depending on your point of view) stuff out of the way . . .

I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT 'TIL THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN I LEAVE FOR READING . . . AND FOR FRIDAY, TO HAVE A BEER WITH THE EARLY BIRDS, WHEN I FINALLY GET THERE . . . AND FOR SATURDAY SO I CAN MEET, FACE TO FACE, MORE OF MY "FAMILY" AND SEE ALL THE OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS I HAVEN'T SEEN SINCE LAFAYETTE AND READING Iii, AND . . . .

Gosh, I love this place.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-08-2003, 10:39 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Well spoken Randy and welcome back from your break.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Long . . . Deep . . . Breath

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT 'TIL THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN I LEAVE FOR READING . . . AND FOR FRIDAY, TO HAVE A BEER WITH THE EARLY BIRDS, WHEN I FINALLY GET THERE . . . AND FOR SATURDAY SO I CAN MEET, FACE TO FACE, MORE OF MY "FAMILY" AND SEE ALL THE OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS I HAVEN'T SEEN SINCE LAFAYETTE AND READING Iii, AND . . . .

Gosh, I love this place.

Hey! Now there's the Randy we all know!
See you Friday night buddy...keep a beer on ice for me until I get there ok?

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 04-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Good to see you "up and around", Randy.

Don't feel that you are being too selfish because there are many here who feel the same way about this place as you do.

Wow all you guys' talk about Reading makes me so sad I can't go. One of these days I'm going to have to just break down and buy a plane ticket out that way for one of them.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-08-2003, 11:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Well, that's a relief.

Everything was very well-said, Randy, and I agree entirely. That way I don't have to go point by point and actually prove that I read your message.

"I only ask that you temper your attitude, preview your posts before you post them (with an objective eye) and ask yourself if it's provocative . . . ask if there's "another way this can be said" . . . and, if not, hit delete, instead of submit and re-think the post. I ask for others, when responding, to do the same. "

I try to do that every time I post here. Actually, I think it's proportional to the length of the message. So sometimes I think about it for a half an hour, editing the whole time and slipping further behind schedule at work (kidding...please don't fire me). Sometimes I'll think about it for a full second or two.

"Yes, I use "my" because I have taken the forums as my own, symbollically, since I don't own them. Is it selfish? Perhaps."

Not at all. I think the more people that call this place 'mine' the more people we'll have who actually care about it and want to see it keep growing.

"Let me warn, however, that it also unfetters me -- leaving me to act more as a "member" and less like a "moderator.""

Well...(drum roll)...this wouldn't be the first time I've called you a 'member.'

Oh, come on!!! You asked for it!!!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Long Deep Breath

Did you say something before the beer part Randy?

C ya at Reading!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 12:00 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Welcome back!
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Randy,

Very well spoken. There is nothing like feeling you have someplace safe to turn.

What is your schedule for the trip? We are doing a two trip there this year, also leaving Thursday night. We will be staying at a hotel somewhere in Toledo, and finish the trip Friday.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 04-08-2003, 12:08 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Thumbs up Well said, Randy, as usual . . .

I'm looking forward to lunch at Aztar with you tomorrow, and wish like crazy that Sharon and I could caravan with you and Shari to PA. Way too much stuff in my world these days, too.

I'll be sure to lift a delicious glass of ice water to you all this weekend!
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-08-2003, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
well said randy .

there many of times i bit my tonge and deleted what i was going to post reading ti carefully.. im at the pointe where i skip the posts and go to something more usefull for us all.

ibut again verry well said

as for the reading meet . does any want to swing bye orlando here and pick up a few more svxers LOL were all to lazy to drive that far.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Life

Hi Randy, At our house, when we get back from a trip, we always say "boy is it good to be home". Welcome back home Randy! BOBB
Old 04-08-2003, 12:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Randy, you came back pretty much right on schedule. As for Friday, what time will you and/or everyone else be showing up? I have off Friday and Saturday and the only thing I need to do is wash and clean out my car and I will be heading west. Not wanting to show up too early and be the only one in the parking lot sitting with my thumb up my bumb, it would be nice to know when the rest of the early birds plan on showing up.

Looking forward to this weekend! Just don't get me going on the predicted weather for those days (it SUCKS!).

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.

Last edited by CigarJohnny; 04-08-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Thank you all. Good to be back. I think.

David,
Thank you.

Steve S.,
You got it.

Troy,
www.priceline.com

Nick,
As I've said to you so many times . . .

Benebob,
No, I just said BEER.

Lwin,
Thank you.

Doug,
We'll spend the night south of Columbus. Probably hit Columbus around 10 A.M. on Friday. Will you be in the vacinity? PM me.

Steve W.,
Looking forward to lunch, also. See ya 'round a quarter 'til 11. Just have the front desk buzz my office.

Solar,
If I could, I'd sweep through Orlando in a heartbeat. But, it's a bit off my route.

BOBB,
Did you say that a lot in the seventies . . . even if you weren't away from home? (Take a trip and never leave the farm)

Johnny,
Hopefully, I'll be there around 5pm on Friday . . . if I don't get killed in a fit of road rage on the pike.

Now, see. I could have been a post *****, and posted all of these individually, so's I could get nearer 9K posts, before Reading, but, I didn't.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking Re: Long . . . Deep . . . Breath

Basically, I've been going through some personal crap and, have been somewhat overwhelmed by life (and, occasionally, the lack of it).

OH, NO! Don't tell me that Shari traded the Evil Twin in for a Y****w Aztec!!!

I feel your pain.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

arrival

Hey Johnny, Wy wife and I are getting to the Holiday Inn on Thursday Night, so anytime after that you will not be alone. Take care, BOBB