How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-04-2003, 12:26 PM
kvnobrien

Unhappy got hit

My neighbor hit my car yesterday. She crack the turn signal scrapped the paint on the bumper and dented the corner panel on the drivers side. I'm pretty bummed because I'm going to the track on Sunday for some bracket racing and then Reading next week. I'm thinking of going with clear corners but my price quote to replace the turn signal is only $95. Anyways luckly my roomate and his parents were at our house when I was at work and she cleaned up the damage and said that she was going to pay for the damage.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:47 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Well

$95 sounds right for one turn signal, what is the estimate for the rest of the damage? If you can get it fixed for less than the estimate you can use the left-over towards the clears (Motorsports warehouse has them for $200 if I remember correctly).

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 04-04-2003, 01:13 PM
kvnobrien

bad CARma

The weekend before I found someones dinner on my car. It was two peices of steak, mushrooms in tomato sause over the windshield and hood. That was a fun clean up.
Tasted pretty good though.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I have a spare front left turn signal if you need it. I hope to be at Reading.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:23 AM

sorry to hear about the car...at least your neighbor is being honest and will pay for the damages, some of us aren't that lucky..

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
sorry to hear about the car...at least your neighbor is being honest and will pay for the damages, some of us aren't that lucky..

Kelli
Yep! I'm one of those who aren't lucky. Last Monday, my rear bumper had been hit and I don't know where it happened. I had 3 stops on my way home from work and I noticed it after I parked my car in the garage. It deeply scraped the paint on the rear driver side corner. It bothers me when I don't know who did it.

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 04-05-2003, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vzSvx

Yep! I'm one of those who aren't lucky. Last Monday, my rear bumper had been hit and I don't know where it happened. I had 3 stops on my way home from work and I noticed it after I parked my car in the garage. It deeply scraped the paint on the rear driver side corner. It bothers me when I don't know who did it.
you would think a decent human being would fess up to something like that....my mother taught me to be honest..they will get it back at them...don't worry

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:30 AM

I don't worry about it, I just got pissed when I first saw it. I'm one of those that they considered "an SVX worshipper" because of the way I care for my car. So, they don't understand that, to me... a small ding "hurts".

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 04-05-2003, 09:50 AM

if i felt that way about every ding in my car...i would be a hurting individual. i notice everything on my car...i will spend 6-9 hours cleaning it. everytime i do it, i notice something else...

now i'm depressing myself...that is enough

Kelli

are you getting it fixed?
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 04-05-2003, 10:20 AM

I'll will this summer. It's not my priority right now, since it doesn't stand out that much. Good thing I have a claret and not a pearlie or a yellow (Aredub's forbidden color) I can live with it for a while. Thanks Kelli, I feel better now, talking about it

Old 04-05-2003, 11:48 AM

i am glad that you feel better...i got a dent in my pearly that has been there almost a year cuz my knucklehead boyfriend hasn't paid for it to get fixed. you can't miss that sucker...if you wanna see it, check out my locker...it is the Dimple of Dimples * speaking of Randy ...and yellow...oh wait...that is for reading...my bad

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 04-05-2003, 05:36 PM
kvnobrien

A new twist

Here's a update.
I haven't been able to speak with the woman that claimed that she did it yet, but she spoke with my brother and said that she wasn't the one who did it now. She said that her father-in-law, the one who actually lives next to me, did it. He was coming home and had a stroke and hit my car when he was pulling up. I don't understand why she didn't tell me in the first place so now my radar is up cause I smell something fishy. Since there was about 6 people at my house at the time of the accident and they didn't see any ambulances next door and our houses are about only about 30 feet from one another. There is no visible damage on any of his cars. I feel bad about him having a stroke and all but it sounds like they are trying not to be responsible for the damage. I have not recieved any contact information from them yet but I plan on going to their house to find out how my nieghbor is doing and what happened that day. She cleaned up my car so there isn't any paint marks on the other then mine. I suspect that her husband told her to blame it on his father so I feel bad, but he's a car nut too so I hope thats not the case. They mentioned that the father might not make it through the night. I'll post more tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:02 PM
SVXdriver_007

I say that the best thing to do would be to call the police and have them come and look at the car. She may be trying to play the simpathy card. Maybe her father did have a stroke and I'm sure that sucks but it really is a matter of responsibility. People get insurance to cover for things like that. Someone hit your car and they should fix it. Thats just how it is.

Whats with the dinner on the windshield?
Old 04-06-2003, 10:23 AM
kvnobrien

Quote:
Whats with the dinner on the windshield?
I wish I knew, it's probably from my bother's ex-girlfriend. He was driving the SVX around for a few weeks when we had a lot of snow on the ground. So I suspect that she saw him in the car driving around. She sends him magizine subscriptions in his name for today's baby and farm aminals and more. That's one messed up girl.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:51 AM

if your really curious to know if he had a stroke...LOOK AT him! you can't miss a stroke victim, the one side of their face usually hangs lower than the other...they also have great difficulty when speaking. not to mention that he would have a hard time using the affected side. being that it is soo sooon that he had a "stroke" physical therapy would have been able to work quickly enough. you won't see him driving anymore...well at least for a while..and that are just a few things you can spot easily

even so, i don't care if the man had a MI, he still hit another car...that is what car insurance is for. they need to pay for the damages and i would demand it..talk to a police friend if you got one and have him come over to your house and sit in the driveway and talk to ya and look at your car one day so that the neighbors see it and get scared

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"