Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 07:57 PM
sith

So who wants to install one on mine? I will make you tasty food in return...

Exciting stuff guys..

-Colin
Old 04-29-2003, 06:27 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Keep the info comin'!!!!! I can't wait to hear about the first 6-speed SVX and how fast it is!!!!! This is making me so excited to get back from Australia so I can get mine in!!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I think, for your test run, you should take a trip to Winnipeg! We could time it right so you can try out an autocross event or a traditional sunday night cruise!
Old 05-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I live in a drawer!

Send a message via AIM to alex_umn
It lives

But I need to get new tires before I start driving it much. I realized while I was under the car that the front passenger side tire was sized 225/55-16, whereas all of the others were the expected 225/50-16. Damned previous owner!

New tires should be on tomorrow morning (hopefully).

More later.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
HA! SO IT CAN BE DONE! ALEX YOU RULE! If we meet the beer is on me! AWESOME JOB!

- Rob
Old 05-08-2003, 04:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
HA! SO IT CAN BE DONE! ALEX YOU RULE! If we meet the beer is on me! AWESOME JOB!

- Rob
Rob, I've offered the beer before... Alex isn't a beer kinda guy. I'm sure we can find some alternative fun-filled-fluids, though.

Alex, that kicks ass! I didn't expect you to get it up and going so soon after seeing everything you still needed to work out. I'm pleasantly surprised. So, when can I come see it?!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 05-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to SVXtasy
So cool I am impressed! Give us an update as soon as it is good to make a few runs i am very exited about this! Did you take pictures? I would love to see!
Thanks SVXtasy
Old 05-09-2003, 07:21 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

So it's actually in and running now??? WOW, that's awesome man!!! If everything goes good come the first weekend in Juse mine will be in with the help of gotsubarus.... I can't wait... Info, we need Info!!!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-10-2003, 12:29 PM
I live in a drawer!

Sorry about the delay in posting, but I've had a sinus infection for about a week and it finally started getting bad right when I got the car working. Booo-urns!

For some reason, bleeding the clutch was a major pain; I eventually took the master cylinder, steel line, hose, and slave cylinder out and then bled everything on the driveway.

The clutch is a lot lighter than the ACT one that I had with the five speed, but still stiffer than a normal WRX clutch. Not bad at all, though. After extended driving the ACT would make my knee hurt sometimes, but not so with this clutch setup. Good stuff.

The shifting action is better than the five speed; everything just feels stronger. I'm still being pretty careful in terms of dropping the clutch and soforth, but acceleration is pretty impressive. Second gear can go from 10 to 50 pretty easily.

Right now my exhaust is not bolted on very well, so the car just sounds mean - nearly silent at idle but a great boxer aspect to it's shriek at redline. Eventually I'll get the Stebro put on and the car will be even stronger, one would hope.

I'll try to get some pics today, but the Minnesota Wild are playing shortly, so I gotta run...

A usual, more later...
Old 05-10-2003, 02:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by alex_umn
Sorry about the delay in posting, but I've had a sinus infection for about a week and it finally started getting bad right when I got the car working. Booo-urns!

For some reason, bleeding the clutch was a major pain; I eventually took the master cylinder, steel line, hose, and slave cylinder out and then bled everything on the driveway.

The clutch is a lot lighter than the ACT one that I had with the five speed, but still stiffer than a normal WRX clutch. Not bad at all, though. After extended driving the ACT would make my knee hurt sometimes, but not so with this clutch setup. Good stuff.

The shifting action is better than the five speed; everything just feels stronger. I'm still being pretty careful in terms of dropping the clutch and soforth, but acceleration is pretty impressive. Second gear can go from 10 to 50 pretty easily.

Right now my exhaust is not bolted on very well, so the car just sounds mean - nearly silent at idle but a great boxer aspect to it's shriek at redline. Eventually I'll get the Stebro put on and the car will be even stronger, one would hope.

I'll try to get some pics today, but the Minnesota Wild are playing shortly, so I gotta run...

A usual, more later...
Lol... "Are you saying boooo, or booo-urns?"

So Alex, when can I check it out? Huh, huh?

Old 05-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Update?

Is there any possibility of an update? We are nearly all extremely interested (and envious, I might add).

Thanks.

Lee

SVXx4
Old 05-27-2003, 12:56 PM
I live in a drawer!

Sorry guys; I've been super busy and had an alternator failure last night. Other than that, the car works great. I'll try to get more pictures this evening.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:41 PM

Did ya' get that tire replaced? Rebuiling the alternator, or getting a new one?

Old 05-27-2003, 04:02 PM
I live in a drawer!

Hi Aaron!

Replaced all of the tires with Kumho Ecsta 711s and I hope to refurb the present alternator. We'll see...stuff as usual is blowing up at work right now, so I'm still at work. Grr...
Old 05-27-2003, 11:49 PM
I live in a drawer!

Okay, there are now some pics up in my personal locker, in Six Speed/Saint Louis, then 5/28/03.

As you may note, I still need to get some things squared away, such as the shifter surround. I'll live for now, though. Thank god it got a lot nicer outside so I can ride my bike in to work.