oops meant to say neon in that one part
Old 12-16-2002, 12:26 AM
FifthElement

My girlfriend drives a plymouth neon.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:02 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
sick of neons

I drive to work, I see a neon (or 3). I get there and I see atleast 10 in the lot. I drive home, I see another (or 5). I go to school, I see a neon. I get there, theres about 5 (or 30) in the lot. We have a conversation about an SVX, CA$H has one about the neon. I'm tired of neons. I wish we could time warp 2 years from now, when all of the neons are dead on the side of the road and growing mold (after having sat there for about 1 year and 11 months). If my car could cry (which it just might now) it would after having been compared to a neon for 100's of posts. Ok, I think I'm done venting now.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-16-2002, 10:04 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Red face Almost embarrassing moment.

The other day my wife and I were leaving Evansville, IN for home and happened to line up at a light. I'm in the SVX. She's in her V40. I knew she wanted to race. All she does is talk about how quick her car is.

So I nailed it at the light. She said she would have done the same, but didn't want to attract attention by spinning the tires so she more-or-less eased into it. We backed off when the SVX shifted to second (around +-50?). Thing is, her car had already shifted long before then (5-speed auto), and she couldn't get herself to keep her foot in it when it did. At 50, I could still see her in my peripheral vision. So I'm thinking she may just have something with all her bragging.

Her car has a 1.9 low-pressure turbo rated at 160hp. It's also light as a feather. Okay - two feathers. Thing is - the new S/V40's have another 10 hp!
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 12-16-2002, 10:08 AM
DNSB

Ok, Now that we have established we all have different opinoins about these cars, The only thing I'm waiting for is to race against a car that is equal to the SVX.......
.Another SVX!
So if you guys have nothing better to do, and are willing to get your butts whipped, by me. We could race eachother!

~Deja~
Old 12-16-2002, 12:02 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
Come on cash, where do you get these idea? My other car, that right now doesnt have insurance but anyways is a '87 Nissan pulsar it has a 1.6L about a 98hp rated engine and it will beat a neon every time i have raced one. I know mine was pushing like 115hp or so but still it beat a neon and i wouldnt even compeat with a SVX using my Pulsar, SVX would win strait up. and compare a 94 neon vs my 87 Pulsar and see who has nicer ride and interior, the pulsar is nicer...and t-tops are great in the summer.
Out of all three though the SVX is tops.
Alright, I'll show you how ignorant you are.

First, there is no 94 neon. Secondly, neons have two engines, 130hp with 130 ft lbs of torque, or 150hp with about the same torque. Its very obvious you've never raced a 5spd neon. 5spd neons are quite QUICK, not fast, but off the line they definitely have spunk. To 60mph, I'd put my money on a 1st gen R/T neon any day of the week (over an SVX), UNLESS it was raining or something. :P

There's no way a pulsar could beat a 5spd neon. No way, no how.

- Ca$h
Old 12-16-2002, 12:08 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
Yeah that's with a professional R/T driver. R/T quoted the svx at high 6's, not blindingly faster, but still faster. The svx will out run any neon on a windy road and will kill it in top end. So where exactly is this neon in the same league with an svx? Iam not trying to dilude your perception of the all mighty neon, although in my opinion they're **** but that's my opinion, but in a logical and informed arena any knowledgable person will hands down praise the svx much higher than the svx. Has a neon ever been compared to a porshe or jaguar? No, it's in a league of Hyundai's and Mazda MP3's.
I wouldn't even go that far (putting the neon in the same league as an mp3).

Truth is neons are ****TY cars. They have a very plasticy interior that rattles like crazy, stiff uncomfortable suspension, and a vaque rubbery shifter.

HOWEVER, they are able performers. And the SVX will most certainly not outrun ANY neon. There are neons with just boltons running 13s... turbo charged neons running 11s and 12s... and some crazy race only neons dipping in the 9s. So where exactly is the neon in the same league as the SVX????

I"LL TELL YOU. IN STOPLIGHT RACES. As I've stated hundreds of times on this forum, but you people still don't grasp, neons and SVXs have almost identical power/weight ratios, and while hte SVX has superior traction, it has REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY >>>>>>REALLY<<<<< Bad gearing for stoplight racing. The neon, on the other hand, has great gearing for the 0-60mph sprint. So in a stoplight race, they ARE about equal... at about 60mph, its all over for the neon, and the SVX will drive by it like its standing still.

BUT, from 0-60mph, the neon IS IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS AN SVX. Another aspect that the neon actually hands down DEFEATS the SVX in is autocrossing... the SVX being quite heavy and luxurious will get its ass handed to it by a stock neon in autocrossing.

- Ca$h
Old 12-16-2002, 12:12 PM
$VX

Re: sick of neons

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
I drive to work, I see a neon (or 3). I get there and I see atleast 10 in the lot. I drive home, I see another (or 5). I go to school, I see a neon. I get there, theres about 5 (or 30) in the lot. We have a conversation about an SVX, CA$H has one about the neon. I'm tired of neons. I wish we could time warp 2 years from now, when all of the neons are dead on the side of the road and growing mold (after having sat there for about 1 year and 11 months). If my car could cry (which it just might now) it would after having been compared to a neon for 100's of posts. Ok, I think I'm done venting now.
Did I ever say neons were rare? No. I didn't. I just stated that at a stoplight, I'm guessing the neon will most likely be ahead of the SVX until about 60. Thats it. Did I say they were exotic? Did I say they were expensive, luxurious, and in the league of porsches or jaguars?

NO. I ****ING DIDN'T.

It seems to me you guys all need to take some classes in READING, since its quite apparent you didn't read a god damn thing I wrote.

- Ca$h

PS: Neons on the side of the road?!?! A neon is infinitely more reliable than an SVX. I love hte SVX more than a neon, but neons don't have bearing problems, transmission problems, or anything. And if you mention the 'headgasket problem' I'll school you in that too, there IS no headgasket problem. There was originally (95-96) , but in 97 they revised the headgasket with an MLS (multilayered steel) gasket that flat out SOLVED the problem.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
$vx for future reference this is an svx forum not a neon one, it's plain to see we all concur that the dodge neon sucks, and it's plain to see how much you love them which is cool for you, just preach too another forum about how great they are. WE ARE ALL SICK OF IT
Old 12-16-2002, 02:26 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Back on topic

Sorry to get a bit closer to on topic, but I just got back from a trip to Costco and had a bit of stop light fun.

I generally don't do stop light races because a)I know it isn't where the SVX excels, and b)I'm just not into it much, but once in a while is fun. This morning there was no traffic on this fairly wide 4 lane road and as I'm stopped at a red light this 02 or 03 black Mercedes CLK pulls up beside me. His windows are as black as mine so we can't see each other but I saw the AMG markings on his car, which was a beautiful car.
http://www.mercedes.com/e/cars/clk/amg.htm

Anyway, he was just pulling up a second before the light changed and he took off. I decided to give chase to the next red light. Now we both sat at a red light fully stopped with no other traffic to be seen and a fair amount of wide open road before us - going up hill, but oh well, it's still equal right?

Not knowing the specs of the AMG CLK (see link above), but figuring anything badged AMG might be a little too much, I decided to be a sport anyway and give this rich guy his fun for the morning.

The light turned and we both hit the gas. We were both nose to nose, trading a few inches of lead back and forth 3 or 4 times as were surged up the hill. Both cars were growling louder than one normally hears from a luxury coupe. As we crested the hill we both rocketed forward, the cars feeling the freedom of level ground. We were coming up on a bit of traffic at the next light, and being the gentleman racers that we were, we simultaneously backed off for everyone's safety. He rolled his window down and gave me a nod and a wave before making a right turn at the intersection. I continued on with a big smile on my face.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 12-16-2002, 03:44 PM
$VX

Quote:
$vx for future reference this is an svx forum not a neon one, it's plain to see we all concur that the dodge neon sucks, and it's plain to see how much you love them which is cool for you, just preach too another forum about how great they are. WE ARE ALL SICK OF IT
Listen DUMBASS, its quite obvious that this is an SVX forum. This isn't a matter of if ANYONE thinks the neon sucks or if its cool; its completely ****ing irrelevant. All I was saying is that in a stoplight race, the neon will most likely outrun the SVX to 60mph. Thats ALL I F*CKING SAID.

God damn some people are morons. LEARN TO READ FOLKS!

- Ca$h
Old 12-16-2002, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
$vx please go to the next meet i would love to meet you and beat the living **** out of you
Old 12-16-2002, 04:17 PM
$VX

Mods, we have a member threatening another member.

Grow the hell up, and admit you were wrong about what I said.

- Ca$h

PS: I'd be glad if you beat me up. I'd sue your ass off and have your car. So bring it.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:22 PM

i am placing this back on topic for a second...(even knowing that this is either going to get deleted or locked)

i raced an svx. John and i duked it out at Island drag. he beat me. but my timing belt was off, and after getting it fixed, i had almost a 2 second difference! so John, since my car is fixed and you got a new engine, can we have a rematch????

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:23 PM

Quote:
$vx please go to the next meet i would love to meet you and beat the living **** out of you
Watching and Waiting...noticing the line forming
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.