Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 04:46 PM
NickF

Talking Phase 1 completed successfully

I've had my Dark Teal '92 for a month now, and have started fixing all the things that need to be fixed.

Last Friday I had a rear bearing replaced. I'd ordered seals & bearings for both sides, but when the shop opened the box only one set was present. The tech asked which side I wanted done, so I had the left one replaced. And the noise went away, so I guess the right side's still OK.

When I got home I called 1stSubaruParts, since the invoice clearly said that 2 each were shipped. They apologized profusely, asked if I wanted either a second set overnighted to me, or a refund on my credit card, and mentioned that they'd fired the shipping guy last week. Good people to deal with.

Today a friend and I replaced the drivers side power window switch (15 minute job) and the antenna mast.

That turned out to be a little more of a project than I'd expected, since the old mast had been broken off, and we had some fun deciding what was old parts and needed to be replaced. The other problem was getting the track wound onto the reel. We tried the technique from the tech article here of turning the radio on and off, then plugging in the power to the antenna, but never could get it right. We finally just applied 12 volts to the contacts on the plug until it reeled in all the way, then installed it.

Now I have 4 functioning windows (up from only one) and I can listen to the radio (Broncos football.)

As a side effect we discovered that the sunroof drain tube was nowhere near the outlet, and I had about a half inch of water in the spare tire well. Well, we learn as we go...
Old 10-08-2002, 05:04 PM
Hater

you'll find that as you check one thing off the TO DO list, two more things seem to get added. good luck getting it going right!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-08-2002, 09:40 PM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
you'll find that as you check one thing off the TO DO list, two more things seem to get added. good luck getting it going right!
i thought that was only me...
Old 10-08-2002, 11:47 PM

That's why, in the interest of saving money, I don't bother fixing little things. It's amazing how much money you can put into a car trying to make it perfect. And it's not just the SVX. I've learned this all to well with my previous car. But then again, that's just my opinion. Do what you feel is necessary. Good luck.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 10-08-2002 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
That's why, in the interest of saving money, I don't bother fixing little things. It's amazing how much money you can put into a car trying to make it perfect. And it's not just the SVX. I've learned this all to well with my previous car. But then again, that's just my opinion. Do what you feel is necessary. Good luck.
I agree wholeheartedly. Making the SVX (or any car) perfect is a pipe dream unless you can let that car be a garage queen. And, even then, you'll have things to fix. They'll just come up less often. Or you'll notice them less often. One of the two.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE